Just booked Harmony for Christmas

Yikes. This forum is so not good for me. You all have me watching prices, looking for 'better pricing' and have me booking future cruises.:D Given the advice I have received here, I decided to book waaaaaay in advance and booked Harmony for December, 2016. I have never booked any vacation that far in advance, but someone here pointed out that the holiday rates on Harmony are pretty good if you book far out. So, that's what I did today. I am presuming my kids are going to love Oasis in March, 2016 (their first cruise), so Harmony should be something else to look forward too after. With the current sale and looking for peak times, I thought the pricing wasn't too bad. So, I booked. I did have to give up the balcony room in order to get 5 of us on during Christmas/peak season. I am sure I'll live through it! I'll also keep looking for deals. I now have two cruises booked.

Congrats! If you booked OV or inside, you got a great price (IMO) with the BOGOHO. Welcome to Anticipation of the Seas....I mean, Anticipation of the Harmony of the Seas :)

Edited by undercat

Thanks. I booked "ocean view" that technically overseas the Promimade. These seemed like good prices since its peak season. Is this one of the ocean views that you are referring to? Anticipation for sure!

The first day of the June sale, I booked a Central Park balcony on the Harmony for Jan.2017, then got a $34 price drop on the weekend Cyber Sale (6/6). At the moment, today's price for this cabin is $286 more than I paid. I have sailed the Oasis 3 times, and will be on her again in Feb. 2015. Have never booked 20 months out before, but I couldn't resist the price for this brand new ship that is still being built.

We are booked for Feb. 2017... Never thought I would ever book that far out either but couldn't pass up the prices. Now just gotta pray DH gets that vacation slot! we won't know until April/May 2016

I booked a CP Balcony for my stepson and gf too. I tried to get others in my family to book but they aren't ready.... and by the time they are, I bet it will be sold out!!

Check your Roll Call I bet its already a couple pages deep

GREAT NEWS!!! We booked this Christmas cruise back in 2014. We did get a huge price drop in June for all 6 cabins so far. They are all balconies but in different places. Some like Boardwalk- (deck 6), some Central Park-(deck 8) and some on deck 7. We always book 18-24 months out and then if doable choose a short cruise in the middle. Most times it is just the long booking because we do a family cruise vacation every other year. This is our first Family Christmas Cruise. May has always been our month of choice. I am excited to read someone else has booked. As one poster wrote don't forget to check the roll call. We have one started :D

Thanks. I booked "ocean view" that technically overseas the Promimade. These seemed like good prices since its peak season. Is this one of the ocean views that you are referring to? Anticipation for sure!

There is no such thing as an oceanview that overlooks the Promenade. Is the category of your cabin "PR" or something else?

A Promenade cabin is an interior cabin that looks out onto the Royal Promenade, and has no view of the ocean whatsoever, since its window looks into an interior space.

There is no such thing as an oceanview that overlooks the Promenade. Is the category of your cabin "PR" or something else?

A Promenade cabin is an interior cabin that looks out onto the Royal Promenade, and has no view of the ocean whatsoever, since its window looks into an interior space.

Thank you. I know I don't see the ocean but for some reason I thought this was categorized under the ocean view grouping. Either way, I think the promenade was less expensive than the ocean view. I will go back online today and check but I'm pretty sure it cost a little bit less this time. It may not be the balcony that I really want, but I'm OK with that. I'm just happy knowing that I can go during the peak time of the year. Our school schedules don't allow for much flexibility for planning vacations..

And for the others that booked earlier as well, I can totally understand since you get to save money this way. I think this is why I probably did it. Plus, on the upside, and allows me to save up enough money to pay everything upfront. I should have more than enough time now.

I'm seriously considering this cruise! I'm already stalking the roll call. I really want to know what the show will be!

PR (Promenade view) rooms are technically considered "inside" even though they have a window. I guess because the window looks into inside space, not outdoors.

The big "so what" out of that, is that a PR would only have had a 10% discount on the 30/30/30 sale that just finished compared to a 25% discount on the current BOGOHO (50% off the second passenger). I'm watching the prices on this one, and the base price before discounts did not change between the two sales. So an inside is a much better deal on this promotion than the previous.

Plus the "BOGOHO-HO-HO" promo means you get gratuities paid too! $91 per person in OBC. Woohoo!

I had looked at this Harmony Christmas cruise as well, but ended up choosing one on the Harmony for February 2017. The cabin I wanted (an L1) was over $7000 cheaper for the same itinerary than the Christmas cruise, so I had to go that route.

Happy cruising!

I didn't book very far out for Harmony (early June 2016 cruise) but I can so understand your excitement. We had a previous open booking booked onboard and converted that to a booking under the BOGO price and didn't realise that the 3red/4th/5th person rate was so affordable and really spread out the cost of the cruise. I can't wait to go on board!!

And for the others that booked earlier as well, I can totally understand since you get to save money this way. I think this is why I probably did it. Plus, on the upside, and allows me to save up enough money to pay everything upfront. I should have more than enough time now.

Exactly the other reason we book so far out. We make payments and pay EVERYTHING up front and totally enjoy our vacation stress free :D

$7000 difference? Yikes! Yes, an alternative month for travel sounds like it's worth it's while. That will pay for another cruise :) Thanks for sharing in my excitement. These are all surprises for my kids so I can only talk to DH about it in private.

$7000 difference? Yikes! Yes, an alternative month for travel sounds like it's worth it's while. That will pay for another cruise :) Thanks for sharing in my excitement. These are all surprises for my kids so I can only talk to DH about it in private.

Yes! And though I understand the appeal of doing a Christmas cruise, especially if you have kids, I couldn't pass up the February cruise because of the difference in price. The 12/24/16 sailing costs two-and-a-half times what the 2/25/2017 sailing costs (same ship, same cabin, same itinerary).

Good luck with your planning, and have a great time!

I just booked three cabins on Harmony for Thanksgiving 2016 because it was cheaper with the buy one get one for 50% off offer. The new dynamic dining will be in effect then and not sure what to expect. Left a post on this forum to see if anyone knows about the dress code for one of the complimentary restaurants which supposedly is the elegant free venue onboard. Good luck on your Oasis cruise, you and your family will love her...

Edited by oplaskon

Thank you. I know I don't see the ocean but for some reason I thought this was categorized under the ocean view grouping. Either way, I think the promenade was less expensive than the ocean view. I will go back online today and check but I'm pretty sure it cost a little bit less this time. It may not be the balcony that I really want, but I'm OK with that. I'm just happy knowing that I can go during the peak time of the year. Our school schedules don't allow for much flexibility for planning vacations..

I thought I saw Promenade classified under ocean view as well, but I just rechecked Royal's website and Promenade is listed under Interior. In any case, you'll be on the ship and I hope you and the family will have a great time!

And according to the price history site that must not be named, Promenades on your sailing are at their all-time low right now. We're booked on the even-pricier New Year's sailing in a balcony room. I didn't catch the relatively rock-bottom pricing of early June, but I'm satisfied that we were able to lock in a reservation before the prices start to climb. We can always reprice or upgrade in the future if the prices drop.

We are looking to cruise in February 2017. How much did RCCL charge for the deposit.

The rate that we were quoted was $450.00 a person. We are planning on going back to back. We feel that $1800.00 is way too much. We are also Diamond Plus members.

We are looking to cruise in February 2017. How much did RCCL charge for the deposit.

The rate that we were quoted was $450.00 a person. We are planning on going back to back. We feel that $1800.00 is way too much. We are also Diamond Plus members.

A 7 day cruise in a JS or less would be $250 per person for the deposit.

I just booked three cabins on Harmony for Thanksgiving 2016 because it was cheaper with the buy one get one for 50% off offer. The new dynamic dining will be in effect then and not sure what to expect. Left a post on this forum to see if anyone knows about the dress code for one of the complimentary restaurants which supposedly is the elegant free venue onboard. Good luck on your Oasis cruise, you and your family will love her...

We are also on the Harmony Thanksgiving cruise - come join the roll call...