Eurodam Cabin Question

HermmyGranger

I will be traveling to Alaska in late September on the Eurodam in a balcony cabin and have a few questions. 1) What are the pillows like? Soft? Firm? Squishy? 2) Can you get extra pillows? I prefer to sleep in a nest of pillows, but don't really want to travel with extras. 3) Can you get an extra blanket, in case you'd like to sit out side, but its cold. I hate the idea of stripping the bed to do it. 4) What size are the bath towels? Are they large or are they like standard hotel bath towels?

Eurodam is my favorite ship.

1) you get one of each per person. 2) I have never asked but I am sure your room steward can adjust the type and quantity to your liking. 3) Yes. Again ask your room steward (or look in the cabinets under where the lights are located. There are usually a few wool lap blankets in there. 4) Pretty large, but not as large as bath sheets. About the same size as a nice hotel (rather than a cheaper hotel like Holiday Inn or Hampton).

Enjoy!!

There also will be a bathrobe in the room for each adult passenger. If you need a small or larger one, just ask your room steward. They want you to be comfortable.There are towels in the pool area for your use also. If you are taking a cruise that includes a beach, they will provide a beach towel but you better bring it back or $$

Recently sailed in a balcony on the Noordam in Alaska and we had four standard pillows for the two of us. The cabin steward would rearrange them each morning so that every evening I would search for the one I preferred! One pillow for each person would never be enough for me.

We sailed to Alaska on the Noordam earlier this year. There were wool blankets on deck (like pool towels) and you could just help yourself to as many as you needed. I imagine it's the same for the Eurodam.

Thanks, everyone. This is great.

Just off the Eurodam and you've been given excellent advice. Our steward came to the cabin the first evening before dinner, and made a point of asking if there was anything we needed. We had a short list (extra towel, pillow adjustment, minibar emptied), and when we returned from dinner all was as we desired.

We found 4x4 square blankets under the sofa which were excellent for sitting and watching the ice flow by.

I've just posted our review of the cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2536616

Enjoy,

Christopher

There also will be a bathrobe in the room for each adult passenger. If you need a small or larger one, just ask your room steward. They want you to be comfortable.There are towels in the pool area for your use also. If you are taking a cruise that includes a beach, they will provide a beach towel but you better bring it back or $$

Are there robes in all the cabins? I had assumed this might be only a "suite" option. We will be in a balcony room and I'd love to not have to pack my own.

Are there robes in all the cabins? I had assumed this might be only a "suite" option. We will be in a balcony room and I'd love to not have to pack my own.

Yes. Robes everywhere as far as I know. We were in a suite and my wife's dad was in a balcony room. We all had robes.