B2B with Segmented Cruises Under One Confirmation Number

Disconnections

We have gotten 2 credits for our B2Bs sold as one cruise. It may be automatic, but if not you can get the credit by talking to the Captain's circle person.

Last winter we booked a 14 day Caribbean that was really two 7 day cruises. At the end of the first cruise, we received Ruby cards for the second week. We went to see the Captain's circle guy as soon as the desk opened. He made a few entries into his computer and told us to go to Passenger services and tell them "Peter" said it was OK. Five minutes later, we had Platinum cards -with all the benefits thereof.

That sounds GREAT!!

In July of 2013 we went on a 14 day Alaska cruise that we booked as a 14 day, though it had a northbound and southbound 7 day each segment. We did not automatically get two credits, just one, but when I called the captains circle and requested it, they separated the 14 day and gave us each two credits.

In "My Princess" it does show my Future B2B Cruise and does show that I will get 2 Credits. I hope that I will get a Platinum Card for the 2nd leg. If not I plan to ask the Captain's Circle Rep for one as was suggested in an earlier post.

In "My Princess" it does show my Future B2B Cruise and does show that I will get 2 Credits. I hope that I will get a Platinum Card for the 2nd leg. If not I plan to ask the Captain's Circle Rep for one as was suggested in an earlier post.

Can you tell me where (in my princess) you found the page where they show the 2 credits for your B2B? I can't seem to find it there?

Can you tell me where (in my princess) you found the page where they show the 2 credits for your B2B? I can't seem to find it there?

Look under your completed cruises. On the top left corner, click the link that says "you have sailed x times."

Edited by Disconnections

Hello everyone,

We just booked a 9 night sailing on the Caribbean Princess that is a back to back of a 4 and 5 night cruise. By any chance, will we receive two cruise credits as it would be two cruises or only one because of a single confirmation number? Thank you in advance to whoever is able to help.

Thank you "Disconnections" for your post and inquiry:D

Just got off the phone with Princess - Captain's Circle to inquire about an Alaska cruise we took on the Sapphire Princess in 2012. We booked B2B voyages for a 14-day cruise.....showing up as 1 cruise under "My Princess"........never thought of questioning it until reading all of your comments.

So the short of it, the rep put me on hold for a bit to inquire about my question of B2B and getting 2 cruise credits for the 14-day cruise. And when she returned gave me the good news that we did qualify for the extra credit......which puts us up to Ruby......it's a start!

Thank you Princess CC members for your wealth of knowledge and experiences.......I learn so much here every day.......it sure pays off!

Thank you "Disconnections" for your post and inquiry:D

Just got off the phone with Princess - Captain's Circle to inquire about an Alaska cruise we took on the Sapphire Princess in 2012. We booked B2B voyages for a 14-day cruise.....showing up as 1 cruise under "My Princess"........never thought of questioning it until reading all of your comments.

So the short of it, the rep put me on hold for a bit to inquire about my question of B2B and getting 2 cruise credits for the 14-day cruise. And when she returned gave me the good news that we did qualify for the extra credit......which puts us up to Ruby......it's a start!

Thank you Princess CC members for your wealth of knowledge and experiences.......I learn so much here every day.......it sure pays off!

Onefine89,

I'm glad my question was able to help you out and congratulations on making it to Ruby! Thank you to all who joined into the discussion.

• 10 months later...
If the turnaround is in a US port, yes. Foreign ports, not so sure. We didn't have to get off on turnaround day in Cape Town (although we did).

For the US it is only an immigration issue, there is no re-checkin for Princess. New Cruise Cards will be delivered the night before.

We found on a recent 7-day Alaska B2B cruise, that the dates on our cruise cards was inclusive of the second cruise. Therefore, no new cruise card was issued, as was the past practice.

We found on a recent 7-day Alaska B2B cruise, that the dates on our cruise cards was inclusive of the second cruise. Therefore, no new cruise card was issued, as was the past practice.

Sometime last year they switched from putting voyage number on the cruise card to putting dates.

So if you remain in the same cabin, there is no need to have a new cruise card for the next segment.

Using dates on the card is probably good as a security measure. When cards are looked at by port security, they can tell for sure (if they look) if you are using a current cruise card.

The significant difference between one versus two bookings is the question of OBC (shareholder and loyalty, and I imagine military as well). As a Captain's Circle hostess of my acquaintance put it, you get one set per booking number. Since I do get loyalty credit, this is a very real consideration in whether I should make a B2B one booking or two.

I was told, and my experience over the past year has evidenced, that if you take the free minutes, they expire at the end of the segment. If you buy them though (they usually offer you a good rate on first login) those do carry over, and you get the new minutes from the next segment, assuming you are staying aboard.

Edited by Wehwalt

We just got off the Royal. This was a b2b which we booked separately and also had to change cabins. On the first cruise my dh signed into the internet (we are Platinum) and also bought the extra minutes offered). When he finished with those I signed into my minutes. We had some leftover. We talked with the internet manager and he said they would roll over and they did. I am not sure if they would roll over without talking with him or not.

I am pretty sure he told me that if this cruise was booked as a single cruise under one booking number we would have only received our 250 minutes for the entire cruise instead of getting another 250 for the second cruise.

We just got off the Royal. This was a b2b which we booked separately and also had to change cabins. On the first cruise my dh signed into the internet (we are Platinum) and also bought the extra minutes offered). When he finished with those I signed into my minutes. We had some leftover. We talked with the internet manager and he said they would roll over and they did. I am not sure if they would roll over without talking with him or not.

I am pretty sure he told me that if this cruise was booked as a single cruise under one booking number we would have only received our 250 minutes for the entire cruise instead of getting another 250 for the second cruise.

It's all part of the Princess lack of standardization...I've asked about minutes rolling over to the next cruise when booked as a B2B and been told "no" by the internet manager. :rolleyes:

My experience with the number of minutes has been the same as you...booked as a single cruise one allotment of minutes; booked as a B2B two allotments. The total number of minutes is just one factor (price & OBC are other factors) we consider before deciding whether to book as a single or B2B cruise.

Bingo! Two setups for the minibar and two sets of Internet minutes. Not only that, your unused Internet minutes from the first segment carry over onto the second.

Not so with Internet minutes. If you book as one cruise you now only get one set of Internet minutes with the number of minutes determined by the total length of the cruise. If you book as two separate you get an alotment for each cruise based upon the length of each segment. Ran into this change on the Royal in January when I booked 2 10 day trips as 1 20 day. Prior to this year it was different,

Edited by RDC1

The significant difference between one versus two bookings is the question of OBC (shareholder and loyalty, and I imagine military as well). As a Captain's Circle hostess of my acquaintance put it, you get one set per booking number. Since I do get loyalty credit, this is a very real consideration in whether I should make a B2B one booking or two.

I was told, and my experience over the past year has evidenced, that if you take the free minutes, they expire at the end of the segment. If you buy them though (they usually offer you a good rate on first login) those do carry over, and you get the new minutes from the next segment, assuming you are staying aboard.

I had one booking number for a 20 day cruise on the Royal this January. It could also be booked as 2 - 10 days back to back.

I received 2 cruise credits, even though it was booked under 1 booking number for all 20 days. From my experience this is normal. I have had it happen on the other cruises I have booked that could also have been booked as two shorter cruises.

Not so with Internet minutes. If you book as one cruise you now only get one set of Internet minutes with the number of minutes determined by the total length of the cruise. If you book as two separate you get an alotment for each cruise based upon the length of each segment. Ran into this change on the Royal in January when I booked 2 10 day trips as 1 20 day. Prior to this year it was different,

Not sure what you mean by an allotment based on the length of each segment. The only internet minutes I am aware of is for Platinum and Elite guests who get 250 free minutes per cruise. Does not matter the length of the cruise.

Not sure what you mean by an allotment based on the length of each segment. The only internet minutes I am aware of is for Platinum and Elite guests who get 250 free minutes per cruise. Does not matter the length of the cruise.

Sorry but you're mistaken because it is based on the length of the cruise & this is taken directly from the Captain's Circle benefits which are also for Elite level passengers:

Complimentary Internet Credit

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATION & MINUTES

7 days or less 150

8-20 days 250

21+ days 500

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/platinumMemberShipBenefits.jsp

Edited by Astro Flyer

Nope it varies by length

Complimentary Internet Credit#

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATION MINUTES

7 days or less 150

8-20 days 250

21+ days 500