Celebrity Solstice Alcoves

Brally2007

according to website this is the information available.

Celebrity Solstice Alcoves:

Port Days - US$99 per alcove

Sea Days - US$249 per alcove

Fresh fruits skewers / fruit popsicles

All day Room service menu available

Choice of : Veuve Rose, Grey Goose, or bottle of white wine

Bucket of 6 assorted beers

4 Bottles of Evian Ltr

Butler service (phone available)

Chilled towels

Complimentary viewing of films of the Lawn Club (if booking on a Taste of Film evening).*

There are six available on ship.

We love the space and typically they are booked. However, they are only on the Silhouette and the Reflection. Did they added them to the Solstice, and finally remove the corning glass show?

They are on the Solstice, but the glass show is still there also,we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon with beautiful views in the Alcove....relaxing, eating ,enjoying champagne and watching the world slowly pass by....not something I would do everyday, but definitely glad we tried it. The cost for a sea day was $249.00, there were 5 of us,so we split the cost....

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

My sister and I were on the Dec NZ cruise.

On the embarkation day we snuck a bit of a sit in it to see if they were worth the $249 ($333 AU!), but found them quite uncomfortable as the seating is not really for reclining or relaxing. The tiny little table that is used for drinks or snacks was wobbly and not suited for a crowd.

After a few minutes the novelty had worn off and we left.

During the sea days, they were always empty whenever we were up on the grass.

They were very wind affected and all the cushions were blowing away.

Maybe could be better during a warmer cruise, but still not worth the money.

As a matter a fact I wouldn't choose to sit in it if it was free.

Edited by alazok

We also booked on our cruise. Xmas/NYE cruise. Got back couple weeks ago. We booked it NYE and friends booked it New Year's Day so they came in ours and we went in theirs. We enjoyed and it is a holiday and not something you would do regularly. As for someone saying they weren't comfy???? Wow, I thought they were awesome. $99 and a bottle of Moët. (We actually exchanged our Moët for a litre bottle of grey goose so I figure it was well worth it. Each to their own though. :)

P.s. We booked ours once onboard and friends booked theirs online before cruise.

Edited by tassie cruiser

We called Celebrity and have booked one for Sept cruise.

I will say, we had booked an alcove while on Silhouette last year...just a heads up; the alcove itself was great! However, many, many people came and either sat and or laid on the lawn OR came and played

Croquet so it was very crowded in the alcove area.

However, many, many people came and either sat and or laid on the lawn OR came and played

Croquet so it was very crowded in the alcove area.

I had the opposite experience on Reflection last week. The alcoves block so much of the access to the main lawn I think many people believe the large center lawn is for the exclusive use of alcove guests. We spent no time there (and usually do when on Eclipse or Equinox) due to the access/egress issue. The alcoves were also rarely used from what we saw.

We were on the Reflection last week and rented an alcove the last two sea days.

They were a very relaxing place to be. We found them comfortable.

Although they may appear to be unoccupied people come and go a lot during the day. At the very least I know they were all booked because our first sea day I went to book it for the next day and they added me to a wait list cause they were all booked. We only got one for the 2nd sea day when someone cancelled the night before.

On the Reflection the price for a sea day was $149 not $249 and it didn't come with a bottle of booze, just bottled evian or san peligrino. We had the drink package so it was simple to order a drink from the servers who would get our cocktails from the sunset bar.

They also included a platter of cheese and crackers and a separate one of sliced fruits.

We were on the Reflection last week and rented an alcove the last two sea days.

They were a very relaxing place to be. We found them comfortable.

Although they may appear to be unoccupied people come and go a lot during the day. At the very least I know they were all booked because our first sea day I went to book it for the next day and they added me to a wait list cause they were all booked. We only got one for the 2nd sea day when someone cancelled the night before.

On the Reflection the price for a sea day was $149 not $249 and it didn't come with a bottle of booze, just bottled evian or san peligrino. We had the drink package so it was simple to order a drink from the servers who would get our cocktails from the sunset bar.

They also included a platter of cheese and crackers and a separate one of sliced fruits.

I pulled the information directly off the website for Solstice. Perhaps each ship with this convenience has a different package for "alcoves" seating. :)

I pulled the information directly off the website for Solstice. Perhaps each ship with this convenience has a different package for "alcoves" seating. :)

From what I understand, the ones on Solstice are different and have different amenities - like the bottle of liquor.

We've done alcoves on Silhouette when traveling with family, as it gives us a home base during the sea days.

http://www.celebritycruises.com.au/life-on-board/onboard-facilities/restaurants-cafes/speciality-dining/the-alcoves/

This is the link for alcoves on Solstice.

Celebrity Solstice Alcoves:

Port Days - US$99 per alcove

Sea Days - US$249 per alcove

Fresh fruits skewers / fruit popsicles

All day Room service menu available

Choice of : Veuve Rose, Grey Goose, or bottle of white wine

Bucket of 6 assorted beers

4 Bottles of Evian Ltr

Butler service (phone available)

Chilled towels

Complimentary viewing of films of the Lawn Club (if booking on a Taste of Film evening).*

*Prices vary by ship, and whether you are hiring on a sea day or port day.

Once onboard you can reserve an Alcove between US$99 - US$249*.

:o

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're going to Alaska this summer and I was interested in getting one of the alcoves for a port day. I had trouble reserving on line, so contacted them directly. They had alcoves available and it was $99 for the day (even though we don't actually get off at the port till 6 pm that night). Thought it would be a fun and relaxing way to pass the day with friends. I'll post after to let people know if I felt it was worth it.

We're going to Alaska this summer and I was interested in getting one of the alcoves for a port day. I had trouble reserving on line, so contacted them directly. They had alcoves available and it was $99 for the day (even though we don't actually get off at the port till 6 pm that night). Thought it would be a fun and relaxing way to pass the day with friends. I'll post after to let people know if I felt it was worth it.

Sounds great! Hopefully the weather will be good and warm. Enjoy

• 4 weeks later...
Would be nice if they also added the Lawn Grill and the porch on the other solstice class ships. We have sailed multiple times and have seen the corning glass show. Once is enough in the hot sun on uncomfortable benches. Celebrity should either improve the venue or remove it. They could easily create a large glass wall and have an airconditioned (and heat) environment for guests with comfortable seating. If they did this, you could see the show in Alaska

While I love The Porch for lunch. The Lawn Club Grill does look inviting. I enjoy watching the glassblowing over another place to eat. We just got back from the Solstice. The Corning glass show got a new 3 year contract. :confused: They have added alcoves. Also added a big screen for watch movies. They use the same seats as the glass show, but the screen is across the lawn on a wall of the ship.

In our 27 cruises with Celebrity. We have eaten 2 times in each Murano, Tuscan Grill and The Porch. Once in Qsine. We did not like Qsine.