The Grand 10 days out of SF.

cruiselvr1

Have they been having ukulele lessons on this cruise?

Yes they had ukulele lesions, my DW and I were wondering why on a Mexician cruise, but it appears to be very popular. I forgot about Mazatlan, we had a very enjoyable tour with a private company, at half the price. We were always leery, worried that we would have to run to make the ship. No problems, at half the price. We will be back in SF tomorrow, my DW is more sad than I am. The staff in Sabatini's was first rate for breakfast.

Yes they had ukulele lesions, my DW and I were wondering why on a Mexician cruise, but it appears to be very popular. I forgot about Mazatlan, we had a very enjoyable tour with a private company, at half the price. We were always leery, worried that we would have to run to make the ship. No problems, at half the price. We will be back in SF tomorrow, my DW is more sad than I am. The staff in Sabatini's was first rate for breakfast.

Yes, Dave Cole is the CD and he has done ukulele classes on a Mexican cruise. Not on this one, but cruiselvr1 said so. The last time he did this, it was a huge success. Dave Cole Rocks!

Thanks

Thanks for coming. My DW and I met a lot of new friends,

Last night was one of the rockiest nights of the cruise. My DW got very little sleep. I don't know if it was part of hurricane that is near Mexico, or what. Not bad for 10 days of cruising. Taking Bart home, we ran into others who were on their way to the Grand, for 15 days in Hawaii (wish we were taking a b2b). What was crazy was we stayed on mountain time, until the night before we arrived back in SF. We had a lot trouble knowing what time it was, I was constantly calling for the time.

Last night was one of the rockiest nights of the cruise. My DW got very little sleep. I don't know if it was part of hurricane that is near Mexico, or what. Not bad for 10 days of cruising. Taking Bart home, we ran into others who were on their way to the Grand, for 15 days in Hawaii (wish we were taking a b2b). What was crazy was we stayed on mountain time, until the night before we arrived back in SF. We had a lot trouble knowing what time it was, I was constantly calling for the time.

The trip up from Mexico to San Francisco, or even to L.A. is usually pretty rocky.

When we did the same cruise last year, we actually cleared immigration on board. When we got to San Francisco we just walked off, collected our luggage and left the port. What a pleasure! I wonder if they are still doing that?

Immigration coming aboard the ship to clear the pax is usually done when the ship stops in a USA port before returning to its home port. We had this done on our southern Caribbean sail when we stopped in St Thomas, USVI before returning to San Juan, PR and again on our cruise from Quebec to NYC with a stop in Bar Harbor, ME. They had to clear us before we could go ashore in a USA port after being out of the country. Did you ship stop in San Diego before returning to SF?

The Pacific off the western shore of the USA is know for being rocky so no surprise the OP had a rocky ride the last night.

The toilets appear to be a problem on cruises these days. Last year on the Star Princess, with a 15 day cruise to Hawaii we had issues about half the cruise. They told us that someone had flushed non flushable wipes in the toilets and this caused the problem. It was inconvenient and intermittent. They would work, not work, but we dealt with it. We didn't let it affect our cruise. They never were off an entire day, but often at night... I only recall needing to leave the cabin twice to use the restroom.

Looking forward to going on the Grand in December... 22 more days!!:)

The 10 day Mexico trip out of San Francisco is a cool one. Those of you doing it bring some warm clothing. About 5 days out of 10 the weather was cold and windy.

They also keep the ship very cold. The theatre was freezing and parts of the dining room had frigid air coming down on the passengers. The horizon court is also cold.

The warmest port is Manzanillo it is tropical and humid.

The 10 day Mexico trip out of San Francisco is a cool one. Those of you doing it bring some warm clothing. About 5 days out of 10 the weather was cold and windy.

They also keep the ship very cold. The theatre was freezing and parts of the dining room had frigid air coming down on the passengers. The horizon court is also cold.

The warmest port is Manzanillo it is tropical and humid.

Good to know. It has been getting way down near freezing for this past week here in the SF area at night....even pretty cold during the day. I think I packed a few too many t-shirts but have a warm fleece jacket to wear over just in case it is going to be chilly. It looks like it is going to be chilly!