Bayou Cafe

bigchid

Does the Bayou cafe on the Island compare with Crown grill on other ships?

We were on the Ruby earlier this year and were really impressed with Grown grill. We're leaving on Island on the 3rd and hope to have a similar experience.

We were on the Ruby earlier this year and were really impressed with Grown grill. We're leaving on Island on the 3rd and hope to have a similar experience.

Bayou Cafe and Crown Grill are two different styles of menu . Bayou Cafe is New Orleans (Cajun ) style restaurant . Crown Grill is a steak House . Both restaurants are great but portions are to much.

Not really. The Bayou does have a great filet though. ;)

Love Cajun style food but did not find the Bayou particularly memorable. Would likely skip it myself. Generally do the Crown 1 night in a cruise. Of course food likes and dislikes are totally subjective.

Thank you all for your input, and thanks to BigGuy25 for the menu. We have a free specialty restrant dinner the first nite and need to make a choice. It looks like we have a winner!

Edited by bigchid

Thank you all for your input, and thanks to BigGuy25 for the menu. We have a free specialty restrant dinner the first nite and need to make a choice. It looks like we have a winner!

If you don't want to go the first night you can reschedule when you get onboard. Have a great cruise:)

If you don't want to go the first night you can reschedule when you get onboard. Have a great cruise:)

I prefer not to have the dinner on the first night. Last time I had a complimentary dinner I just called and changed it to a different night and a different venue.

My wife and I had a very nice dinner at the Bayou Cafe on Coral Princess but many of the passengers didn't really feel much like dinner that night. The outer decks were blocked off and the ship was rocking and rolling. The captain was skirting a tropical storm rather than missing the next port. Thanks to my good friend - the little patch behind my ear - I didn't have an issue with the motion of the ship but even a lot of folks who normally don't have problems in that regard had adjourned to their cabins to lie down on that particular evening. :)

My filet was very tender and cooked to perfection. :D