Signature Collection?

newbie60

We just had of our upcoming cruises repriced to take off all the air credit, having just jumped on a great price with Delta. When I reviewed the new booking documents, checking to make sure all other credits, etc were still on the new documents, I found a new benefit listed with the others that were already there.

"Signature Collection SBC Credit $200/person" for a total of $400

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but has anyone else run into this?

We just had of our upcoming cruises repriced to take off all the air credit, having just jumped on a great price with Delta. When I reviewed the new booking documents, checking to make sure all other credits, etc were still on the new documents, I found a new benefit listed with the others that were already there.

"Signature Collection SBC Credit $200/person" for a total of $400

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but has anyone else run into this?

The signature group is a travel consortium. Your TA evidently works with them. Ours works with them as well. We often get extra perks from them.Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The signature group is a travel consortium. Your TA evidently works with them. Ours works with them as well. We often get extra perks from them.Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! I did send my TA an email inquiring so hopefully he'll get back to me with the same answer!

The fact that you got it without asking, shows you have a great TA and that's very important. Have a great cruise.

The two big TA "consortia" I know about are Virtuoso and Signature. Apparently, some TAs join them for certain efficacies.

Mailings (or web search) you get from various TAs will often identify "recommended" cruises, which may be one of their own arranged groups and/or the consortia's group (e.g., a "Signature Series" sailing, which I'm guessing is associated with the Signature Travel consortium).

We have an upcoming cruise that qualified for a Virtuoso/Oceania booking deal. It's a few hundred dollars in added OBC above the TAs own OBC, which was automatically added to the invoice. I don't think the TA actually needed to do anything to make it happen (other than being in O's database as a Virtuoso member).

BTW, remember that O also has it's own Connoisseurs' Club for selected TAs. And those club TAs with whom we've worked are privy to occasional O/TA partnership "private" sales with fare discounts akin to booking onboard.

If price (including "best deal") is important to someone considering a cruise (or any travel) my best advice is to do your own research so that, at a minimum, you will be a knowledgeable consumer.

Thought I'd close the loop on this issue -- my Travel Agent got back to me with the confirmation that the Signature Collection OBC OF $200/each was because the parent organization that he works with had that designation for that particular sailing.

This OBC credit was not added until the cruise was recently repriced taking out the air. Perhaps it wasn't designated as a Signature Collection cruise earlier.

The cruise in question is part of a B2B and we didn't get the credit for the second cruise as it's not part of the collection. There has been a lot of commentary on these boards about the virtue of a Grand Voyage vs B2B. I insisted that our TA book these as a B2B as I feel we have missed out on many variations of price reduction, OBC incentives, etc because we were booked on a Grand Voyage where one half of the sailing was not selling well. This $400 OBC reconfirms that sometimes it is best to insist on two booking numbers. This FYI - and may not always work out so well.