PH suite on SOLSTICE

docmark

WE are booked on PH 1611 on SOLSTICE, 2 couples,4 total,and plan to split 6 nights each in bedroom and sofabed. Appreciate any suggestions for sofabed comfort such as mattress top or extra mattress?

Also any measures for added privacy.....

and anything else from those who have been in similar suite.

I can tell you that the sofa bed in the adjoining Sky Suite (to the PH) is very uncomfortable on the M-Class ships. it is also very uncomfortable in Sky Suites on the Solstice class.

When traveling with my two daughters, my daughter and I have both taken turns on these sofa beds. On the Reflection, after sleeping one night on the sofa bed (which was practically new because the R was a newer ship), I asked the Butler to fold the bed back up and bring in a foam mattress topper and make the sofa into a single. Much better!

I can also tell you that I would in no way be paying to stay in the PH and stay on a sofa bed. :eek: I also think it would be weird to change beds with my friends mid cruise. Does the Solstice class have an extra bathroom? On the M-class, there is a separate half bath, but the main bath with shower and tub is located inside the M bedroom.

Edited by Iamthesea

yes,there is extra bath room with shower.

I hope PH sofabed is not as bad as one in SKY Suite you experienced.

thanks for the comments.

That was my point. The sofa bed that we had in the attached SS to the PH looked to be the same as the one in the PH. They are really meant to house children, I believe. ;)

Suggestion. Let the women have the Master and you men share the queen sofa bed! :D

Glad to know that there is now a separate full bathroom. I looked at a video and it appears very nice. An upgrade from the M-Class hall bath. And I apologize, the M-Class PH does have a very small shower in their hall bathroom.

Edited by Iamthesea

WE are booked on PH 1611 on SOLSTICE, 2 couples,4 total,and plan to split 6 nights each in bedroom and sofabed. Appreciate any suggestions for sofabed comfort such as mattress top or extra mattress?

Also any measures for added privacy.....

and anything else from those who have been in similar suite.

Its tough enough for a family to put 3 let alone 4 in a PH... with 2 couples your courting disaster and stand a fair chance by day 3 of seriously considering killings a justifiable ... Better to get 2 interconnecting state rooms with a DOOR between

This is not a good idea unless you never want to speak again with your friends or they you........

Hi Hawaiian

Do you realize we are talking about PH in Celebrity Solstice,with 1300 sqft of space? I hope not..please clarify

Not sure why you posted on the Oceania forum but maybe repost it on the Celebrity forum

I know some people here cruise both lines but you are not comparing lines

Initially I "thought" I was posting on Celebrity board,it was an over-sight,I did post there once I realized my error....however I DO appreciate any suggestions from those who have had the experience now that "my error " committed !

thanks to those who have already replied

Hi Hawaiian

Do you realize we are talking about PH in Celebrity Solstice,with 1300 sqft of space? I hope not..please clarify

Those Celebrity Penthouses are huge and lovely. Although they can accomodate four, it's a decidedly uncomfortable set up for more than two people , unless the two couples are abnormally chummy.

With more than two people, you'll find yourselves splitting closets and drawers for storage (shades of summer camp), and the bathroom setup usually means that the four of you will be spending a great deal of quality time together during your ablutions. :eek:

Your degree of distaste for this problem will necessarily vary, depending on the habits of the other couple. ;)

That said. the grand piano is fabulous, particularly if you import someone to play it (your butler can handle this, but think big tip for the musician!), and having Michaels Club to act as your Concierge is absolute heaven if you like to entertain.

Whatever other failings they may have, Celebrity has the best party planners, and it does not hurt that thirty for cocktails is an absolute breeze in those Penthouse Suites. :D

Thanks JimandStan

I was looking forward to YOUR contribution because I have observed your posts to be helpful,relevant and "appropriate"...based on my few months of browsing on this board.

We are not "abnormally chummy" couples,but all 4 of us are not very picky;I have looked into bathroom situation,the second bathroom has shower,and I am told they will provide extension cords to use ( for hair dryer,etc.) ,so our "ablutions" will not be "jammed"!!

I wish you had some advice for sofabed?

Thanks for your comments..

I wish you had some advice for sofabed?

All that I can tell you is that we shared the room with a single person (Stans dad) who has Gandhi like requirements for his bedding, and he preferred to sleep on the sofabed as a sofa (i.e. not opened as a bed)

If we had been sailing with friends, I believe that I would have had the linens changed mid cruise and switched with them..... it's that bad. :mad:-

Edited by JimandStan

I have never slept on a sofa bed in the Solstice PH - and I never would, even for free, much less paying for it.

I have slept on other sofa beds occasionally, including our own and I can tell you that it was no fun.

By definition sofa beds have mattresses that fold up into thirds - that means that they have to be thin enough to be able to do that. Under the mattress is the metal frame. Most adults are "heavy" enough to feel that metal through the mattress - perhaps some young children are light enough and young enough not to mind this.

If you can manage to put a regular mattress on top of the thin one every night then just maybe it can be doable - that is if the frame can support that weight.

But that's just the bed - what about the privacy issues of the bedroom vs living room, etc, etc.

Not my cup of tea but obviously it is OK for you - which is what matters in the end.

Personally I think it is penny wise and pound foolish.

Good luck and I hope that your friendship survives the cruise :)

Edited by Paulchili