Chops Grille on Allure $49?

I booked Chops next month on Adventure of the seas for $35...today it's showing as $42. I'm not sure when they raised it but it seems like the same time they introduced Ultimate Dining.

I think it's like the beverage package....keep raising prices until everyone takes the package.

On our recent Voyager cruise Chops was open for lunch priced at $19. It was a somewhat reduced menu but not on reduced. I had the shrimp cocktail and 6oz fillet, which were both well prepared. Hubby had same appetiser and the 9oz steak. We shared asparagus and tater tots sides. The desert option was a sampler.

This may be a good option for people who have a credit voucher or who just want to try Chops and see if they like it.

We have a back-to-back coming up in Sept/Oct on the Allure. I just called to ask about 1st Night Done Right. The representative said, "Royal assigns the restaurant; if you want a particular restaurant, you'll have to book it." I said, "That's a problem; we don't eat sushi. If we were assigned there, we simply wouldn't go." His reply was, "You shouldn't book 1st Night Done Right then."

I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

Sadly, this is the attitude that Royal Caribbean is getting and it's really tuning me off. If it weren't for my family going on this cruise, we would be going on Celebrity. This will likely be our last RC cruise.

We did the first Night Done Right, twice as we were B2B, on Oasis in Feb/Mar. They didn't allocate a restaurant but called us in the cabin the first day to ask where we wanted to dine that night. We choose Chops without an issue. When we re-boarded after the first week we went straight to Chops and booked FNDR again.

However I have read that on Allure they allocate your restaurant and you cannot change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for letting us know..since it is the Allure that I will be on!

I do not want to sound cheap, after all we are paying to vacation and cruise, but we have never paid for CHOPS, it has always been comped to us thru the TA.

But, to hear the cost is rising to $49.....WOW

I know, I am the one who pays for the zip line on labadee................

But when you cruise and meals are sorta OK in MDR, it just seems such a shame to pay that amount of money.

To think the 3 of us with tip would be about $175.......again WOW

Guess Coastal Kitchen is looking better and better.

Later

We have a back-to-back coming up in Sept/Oct on the Allure. I just called to ask about 1st Night Done Right. The representative said, "Royal assigns the restaurant; if you want a particular restaurant, you'll have to book it." I said, "That's a problem; we don't eat sushi. If we were assigned there, we simply wouldn't go." His reply was, "You shouldn't book 1st Night Done Right then."

I read on here that if the reservation doesn't suit and they cannot switch you then the price you paid gets added back to your account as OBC.

I reckoned our Oasis experience was more valid than those posted on this thread re non Oasis Class ship experiences but clearly you were not impressed.

We were on FOS in March and ate at Chops for 2 dinners. We got it for "BOGO" special for $30pp. The dinner on the first night was horrible! We ordered the "Bone In Ribeyes" and received T-Bones! When we told the server, he claimed they were "special" ribeyes?! We know our beef! Ate them anyway with no flavor and tough as nails. The next night we ate there, we had the filet which was good. If I paid $49pp and was basically told that I didn't know my cuts of beef, I would pitch a total fit right there. Going on the Oasis in April 2018, so we will see!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on FOS in March and ate at Chops for 2 dinners. We got it for "BOGO" special for $30pp. The dinner on the first night was horrible! We ordered the "Bone In Ribeyes" and received T-Bones! When we told the server, he claimed they were "special" ribeyes?! We know our beef! Ate them anyway with no flavor and tough as nails. The next night we ate there, we had the filet which was good. If I paid $49pp and was basically told that I didn't know my cuts of beef, I would pitch a total fit right there. Going on the Oasis in April 2018, so we will see!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are no longer ribeye steaks on the menu. Only filet and a NY strip or a porterhouse for an extra fee.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/chops.pdf

From what I have read and been told, Allure will only allow a change to be made on the FNDR to Giovannis' if assigned Samba as well as the reverse. You can't be assigned one of the above and try to change to Chops. Allure is the only ship reportedly that does this.

I wouldn't count on changing as the person you were answering was on Oasis, not Allure.

On the other hand, we had the 5 night dining package on Allure in January and we were assigned Samba. We did want to try Samba, but not the first night. We were able to change to Chops with that package. It seems as though FNDR is looked at differently than other packages because the price is low(er) than the DIamond Plus BOGO or if using a 3 night package for example.