Giving up Spa room and just buying the pass.

jnwinos

We have a spa inside room booked for the 2018 Splendor Panama Cruise. My DH loves the spa area, he even paid the deposit but since we can save 1000.00 if we change to a different cabin and just pay $550.00 for the spa pass I am considering this.

We have stayed in the spa cabins on the Splendor before but it has been awhile. Is there any differences between what we get vs. paying for them??

Anybody pro or cons.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cabin isn't any bigger or different in any way. The main perks to a spa cabin are fancier robes, slippers, and towels (yellow instead of blue). You also get upgraded shampoo, conditioner, etc. And priority treatments in the spa. But for a price difference that big I would just go with the cheaper cabin and get a spa pass. On our last cruise a couples spa pass for the week was $249. So the price difference is significant.

In addition to the above, you would get a small discount of services and a few free classes. But again for a difference that big I would change cabins.

We are leaving on the Dream for a 7 day Sunday, and we did just that. A guarantee balcony for 2, for what it would cost pp if we had went with a spa balcony. Used some of that savings and bought the couple's spa pass for $199.

We have booked our first spa balcony on Splendor too.

I have not compared the regular balcony price yet to our spa balcony but I do know that the suite price was ridiculously higher .

Do they always offer spa passes on board? Do you get the same spa privileges as if you had a spa cabin? We have not been on ships that offered that had these special spa facilities so thinking that it would be nice but still wondering if we will stick with this cabin or switch and just buy passes.

Any thoughts??

Love the spa balcony, we had them B2B on our last 2 cruises. We had deck 12 on the Dream and the Magic. You exit the glass door elevator to the smell of eucalyptus. There are very few cabins and we never saw a kid. The Serenity Deck is one stairway on the Dream and 2 stairways on the Magic. We used the spa every day. Before dinner when my wife hogs the bathroom, I walk a few steps, in my robe, to the spa and steam, shower and shave, ahhhhhhhh. We are sold and we usually get the cabin for less than a balcony + a spa pass.

Is this the Jan 14 Panama cruise?

We also have an inside spa. Prices have gone down on other rooms but not so much on the spa's. DH says we will just wait and try out the spa. Maybe (can you hear me upgrade fairy?) upgrade fairy will upgrade us to the spa balcony. XXing fingers but not holding breath.

We have booked our first spa balcony on Splendor too.

I have not compared the regular balcony price yet to our spa balcony but I do know that the suite price was ridiculously higher .

Do they always offer spa passes on board? Do you get the same spa privileges as if you had a spa cabin? We have not been on ships that offered that had these special spa facilities so thinking that it would be nice but still wondering if we will stick with this cabin or switch and just buy passes.

Any thoughts??

Yes they always offer spa passes but they are limited to a certain amount because they don't want it to be overcrowded so it's on a first come first serve basis. It's always been available on the first day for us. The couples pass is cheaper so ask for it. You get unlimited access to the spa with the spa pass but you don't get the upgraded amenities and samples in your cabin, you don't get the plush upgraded robes, the upgraded slippers, the fancier yellow "spa" beach towels, or priority appointments in the spa. But personally I wouldn't pay extra for those things. If a normal cabin is hundreds of dollars cheaper I would choose it and get the spa pass.

Yes they always offer spa passes but they are limited to a certain amount because they don't want it to be overcrowded so it's on a first come first serve basis. It's always been available on the first day for us. The couples pass is cheaper so ask for it. You get unlimited access to the spa with the spa pass but you don't get the upgraded amenities and samples in your cabin, you don't get the plush upgraded robes, the upgraded slippers, the fancier yellow "spa" beach towels, or priority appointments in the spa. But personally I wouldn't pay extra for those things. If a normal cabin is hundreds of dollars cheaper I would choose it and get the spa pass.

I have also seen the spa passes on line before the cruise. Am thinking about booking the couples pass for an upcoming cruise.

I have also seen the spa passes on line before the cruise. Am thinking about booking the couples pass for an upcoming cruise.

Where online have you seen it prior to the cruise? I thought they were available only after boarding?

Where online have you seen it prior to the cruise? I thought they were available only after boarding?

Our upcoming vista cruise was the first cruise we were able to book online, it was on the sign in page.

I'm afraid once this happens "word will be out" about the spa passes and it'll get too busy. Once people click the link to read more about it people will start getting it

One consideration for a spa cabin over the spa pass is location. We had a spa cabin and found that we used the spa lot more because we were so close to it... if our cabin had been further away and we had the spa pass I'm not sure we would have taken advantage of the amenities there as much as we did.

Is this the Jan 14 Panama cruise?

We also have an inside spa. Prices have gone down on other rooms but not so much on the spa's. DH says we will just wait and try out the spa. Maybe (can you hear me upgrade fairy?) upgrade fairy will upgrade us to the spa balcony. XXing fingers but not holding breath.

Unless there is a different Jan.14 Panama cruise, the one we are booking is on the Miracle, which does not have a Cloud 9 Spa.

It can vary from every ship and sailing from what I researched. For ours on the Magic it was cheaper to book spa inside than regular inside and add the couples package. We just recently upgraded to spa balcony when the prices dropped $126 and were still satisfied with the price. Like others have stated the location of the spa rooms are also a consideration to look at. We noticed how quiet that area is compared to other areas of the ship. Looking forward to this new cabin choice this fall. Love to try new things!

Unless there is a different Jan.14 Panama cruise, the one we are booking is on the Miracle, which does not have a Cloud 9 Spa.

I guess you have a different Panama Canal cruise. I will be on the Splendor. Maybe I will bump into at one of the ports!

https://www.carnival.com/itinerary/13-day-panama-canal-cruise/miami/splendor/13-days/jp1?Military=N&PastGuest=N&Senior=N&evsel=j&numGuests=2&roomType=IS&sailDate=01142018

Our upcoming vista cruise was the first cruise we were able to book online, it was on the sign in page.

I'm afraid once this happens "word will be out" about the spa passes and it'll get too busy. Once people click the link to read more about it people will start getting it

Thanks! I am guessing you mean under "Spa and Salon Services" correct? I'm not seeing it for our Magic cruise. But remain hopeful I can purchase it on board. :)

I was able to prebook a couples spa package last November on the splendor. Also look for discount codes that John Heald posts on his Facebook page a couple of times a year.

I just got a 20% off email online only for our November cruise yesterday. I clicked the link and it also took me to up to 30% off 3 select treatments.I think they are trying to get people booked pre cruise (and paid for lol).It takes the sting out of sign and sail final bills

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

My husband and I paid for a Cloud 9 Spa room on a 7 day cruise on the Dream sailing Oct 1 and it was only $75 more/person than a regular interior room. Definitely cheaper than the spa weekly passes I saw. I'm looking forward to the upgraded amenities in our cabin too. Does anyone know if they replenish the special shampoo, conditioner, etc. throughout the week?

My husband and I paid for a Cloud 9 Spa room on a 7 day cruise on the Dream sailing Oct 1 and it was only $75 more/person than a regular interior room. Definitely cheaper than the spa weekly passes I saw. I'm looking forward to the upgraded amenities in our cabin too. Does anyone know if they replenish the special shampoo, conditioner, etc. throughout the week?

They say it's only once per cruise for the better shampoo and stuff.We have never asked for a refill but I'm thinking if you run out and ask they may give you more but they aren't supposed to.

They say it's only once per cruise for the better shampoo and stuff.We have never asked for a refill but I'm thinking if you run out and ask they may give you more but they aren't supposed to.

I will certainly ask them to replenish every day and find out about that lol

I guess for this next trip I should bring some back up just in case