Pizza in Sun Princess???

Cruiserkenn

I had a feeling that there was some pizza available by the slice up on deck where the burger and hotdogs were (Terrace?) but I may be mistaken. I didn't really look that hard. The best pizza IMO is a traditional thin crust tomato and basil as is served in Italy. None of this ham or heaven forbid, pineapple!:)

You don't have to go to Italy to get pizza like that. Next time you're in Sydney look for a Via Napoli restaurant - Lane Cove, Hunters Hill and Surry Hills. Luigi, the owner, is from Naples as are many of his staff. The restaurants are crazy but the Margherita pizza is to die for. http://www.vianapolipizzeria.com.au/

You might be surprised what the Italians put on their pizzas, even hot dogs, French fries, salad, yes ham too!

Absolutely! In Amalfi (not far from Napoli) they had slices of pizza with French fries as the topping which many of the teens were ordering.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the answer and for the thoughts.

Just read your posts.

We have just disembarked in Tokyo from Sun Princess. Yes Pizzeria replaced by Curtis Stone share restaurant and a lot of very unhappy passengers BUT you can get a Pizza from room service during 2 time periods for an additional $3 per delivery not per pizza and they were good!! Also free ice cream replaced by a New Zealand Ice cream at $5 per serve.

I loved the pizzeria menu on the Sun Class ships. I wished they used that menu for Alfredos!

Some new cruisers have no idea how cool this pizzeria was.

Our first cruise was on Sea Princess - a Sun class ship. They had Cafe Corniche and the pizza was wonderful. Imagine our disappointment when our next cruise was on Star Princess and all they had was the cardboard tasting stuff with almost no sauce at Prego's on Lido Deck. We were horrified.

I know many people say that is good pizza but we find it almost inedible. I can get pizza that good for $5 anytime or frozen at the grocery store.

Ships where there is a dedicated Alfredo's or where they serve Alfredo's in Sabatini's at lunch time are much better than Lido deck pizza but still not as good as we got on Sea Princess.

Just read your posts.

We have just disembarked in Tokyo from Sun Princess. Yes Pizzeria replaced by Curtis Stone share restaurant and a lot of very unhappy passengers BUT you can get a Pizza from room service during 2 time periods for an additional $3 per delivery not per pizza and they were good!! Also free ice cream replaced by a New Zealand Ice cream at $5 per serve.

Thanks so much for your up to date information!

Hi Thrak,

How about a pizza and a Ham Sandwich :D I am in the rowboat stuck in the Bermuda Triangle S.O.S. hahaha LOL p.s. Did you get your ham sandwich last night??

Tony

Sigh... I got the Dr. Seuss version: Green Ham! :eek:

PS: You must have the "deluxe accommodations" to get a rowboat. I just got an old inner tube with a slow leak. :D

You don't have to go to Italy to get pizza like that. Next time you're in Sydney look for a Via Napoli restaurant - Lane Cove, Hunters Hill and Surry Hills. Luigi, the owner, is from Naples as are many of his staff. The restaurants are crazy but the Margherita pizza is to die for. http://www.vianapolipizzeria.com.au/

:):DThank you for letting us know!!! We loved the pizza in Naples and will try to get to Via Napoli. We will be staying near the Opera House. Are any of the locations mentioned nearby?

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know if there is pizza available on Sun Princess?

Now that Share has replaced the Verdi's pizza place?

Inquiring minds want to know:) :) :)

I believe that you can still get pizza on Sun via room service. Reports on quality has been mixed.

• 1 month later...
I believe that you can still get pizza on Sun via room service. Reports on quality has been mixed.

The Sun class ships have always had pizza available:

Room Service Pizza

Whole, made fresh to order 12" pizzas are available for consumption in your stateroom via room service from 12 Noon to 2:30pm and 6pm to 10:45pm. Pepperoni, Cheese, and a rotating daily special are available. Please specify choice of extra cheese and chili flakes.

A nominal service charge of A$3.00 per delivery will be applied to your shipboard account.

I just got off the Sun in Fremantle 18 Dec 2016 and Curtis Stone's Share restaurant ($40 per head) has replaced the much loved (free) pizza restaurant. I saw no one at Share when I looked but I didn't hang around to see if anyone showed up.

Absolutely! In Amalfi (not far from Napoli) they had slices of pizza with French fries as the topping which many of the teens were ordering.

It sounds as though the Italians have taken a cue from England - that centre of gastronomic excellence with their chip butty.

The Sun class ships have always had pizza available:

Room Service Pizza

Whole, made fresh to order 12" pizzas are available for consumption in your stateroom via room service from 12 Noon to 2:30pm and 6pm to 10:45pm. Pepperoni, Cheese, and a rotating daily special are available. Please specify choice of extra cheese and chili flakes.

A nominal service charge of A$3.00 per delivery will be applied to your shipboard account.

I just got off the Sun in Fremantle 18 Dec 2016 and Curtis Stone's Share restaurant ($40 per head) has replaced the much loved (free) pizza restaurant. I saw no one at Share when I looked but I didn't hang around to see if anyone showed up.

How was the ship? There are very mixed reviews on the Sun on this forum... I'm boarding on the 8th Jan :)

How was the ship? There are very mixed reviews on the Sun on this forum... I'm boarding on the 8th Jan :)

When you consider the fact that the Sun Princess launched in 1995 and is the oldest ship in the whole princess fleet she is in pretty good shape. My balcony stateroom had a big widescreen tv with on demand viewing. I could watch part of a program and resume at a later time.

There is an Australian power point but it's on the wall in back of the tv. The desk for my laptop is on the other side of the cabin so I brought an extension cord to use it while charging.

The Main Dining Room meals are as good as ever in my opinion. Unfortunately, there were cases of Noro virus so sanitation was in full swing for the last few days of the cruise. In the Horizon Court the staff served everything - you couldn't touch anything. If you just wanted a glass of water a steward had to get it for you. In peak periods the Horizon is packed and slow as it is. As a result, I ate in the MDR for breakfast, lunch when it was open, and dinner. On Sunday the boarding for the next cruise was delayed until 3pm because of a 'deep sanitizing' procedure.

I do miss the great free pizza restaurant replaced by Share, and free Swirls replaced by the surcharge New Zealand Ice Cream. The Dawn and Sea Princess still have the pizza restaurant and Magnum's Bar, with the comfortable sofas and chairs that stretch down the hall to the dreaded Valley of the Photos :eek:.

I do miss the great free pizza restaurant replaced by Share, and free Swirls replaced by the surcharge New Zealand Ice Cream. The Dawn and Sea Princess still have the pizza restaurant and Magnum's Bar, with the comfortable sofas and chairs that stretch down the hall to the dreaded Valley of the Photos :eek:.

I wonder if they will ever convert it back to a pizzeria after the Curtis Stone contract is over. I loved the Sun Princess and the pizzeria on that ship! I will sail the Sun or any of her sisters again!

The Sun Princess is a wonderful ship! My cruise around New Zealand in October was wonderful:)

The buffet was super! The wide and fully wrap-around promenade deck is the very best.

My room steward, Dennis, was also the very best.

And pizza at the outdoor grill, near the buffet, was great!