Pools on the ROYAL

marco

Last year we were on the "Royal" and we will be sailing again Feb 2017. While we were on last year someone said, "Oh, on the "Regal" there's another pool out back. This ship is going into drydock in a few months. I hope they put a pool back there on this ship". Has anyone been on the "Royal" recently and is there now a pool "in the back"?

Last year we were on the "Royal" and we will be sailing again Feb 2017. While we were on last year someone said, "Oh, on the "Regal" there's another pool out back. This ship is going into drydock in a few months. I hope they put a pool back there on this ship". Has anyone been on the "Royal" recently and is there now a pool "in the back"?

The Royal doesn't go into dry dock until end of September. I am on the cruise immediate post dry dock (OCT 8 TA) and will post renovations/changes as soon as I get on the ship. :):)

Marco,

The Regal pool is right by the smoking area and is very small. Not much bigger than a hot tub, but has seating area around it. We enjoyed it once on a B2B turn around day when there were 3 of us in it. I'd hate to see even half the passengers try for that area at the same time. That is small, the main pool has MUTS and the retreat pool is very windy and I still like the Royal/Regal. Alice :):)

Biggest mistake on the Regal and the Royal are a disaster compared to the Grand class ships, if you like pools avoid these ships

I like the Royal Princess but you are right the pools are terrible compared to the Grand class ships. On the Royal the adult pool is marked 4'11" I am 5'8" and I can't stand up in the shallow end of the pool. :eek:

Tony

I actually like the little pool at the back of the Regal, although small I like sitting with my feet in the splash pool and the view off the aft is very nice...However it is right by the smoking area!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

No there is not.

Why they made the Retreat pool as deep as they did is puzzling. It's large enough to accommodate the crowd but there no shallow end and consequently people just congregate at the stairs.

They might as well add the small shallow pool like on the Regal to complete the collection and label it the "smoking pool".:rolleyes: