Weather on the Danube

Bye bye birdie

We are leaving on 10/10/15 going to Prague for 3 days then cruise the Danube. Right now the weather reports are not good. Rain and even snow predicted for Prague. Predictions for rain virtually everyday. We have trip cancellation insurance. Need advice: would you go?, or cancel?

We are leaving on 10/10/15 going to Prague for 3 days then cruise the Danube. Right now the weather reports are not good. Rain and even snow predicted for Prague. Predictions for rain virtually everyday. We have trip cancellation insurance. Need advice: would you go?, or cancel?

We were on a Budapest to Amsterdam river cruise in August (our first and we loved it). That area desperately needs water. Have you checked out the river cruises forum? It is a daily topic and, fortunately, there are a couple of locals who post frequently on the weather in the area. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191.

Does your trip insurance cover cancel for any reason? Unless a typhoon or hurricane in the area prevents you from sailing, most policies don't cover you just because you don't like rain or snow.

I'm sailing the Danube in November, and the folks in the River Cruising forum told me to be prepared for cold/wet/damp weather.

Roz

Does your trip insurance cover cancel for any reason? Unless a typhoon or hurricane in the area prevents you from sailing, most policies don't cover you just because you don't like rain or snow.

I'm sailing the Danube in November, and the folks in the River Cruising forum told me to be prepared for cold/wet/damp weather.

Roz

Our trip insurance would allow cancellation. I was prepared for cold, and maybe some rain, but a little apprehensive of days of rain, not being able to be on deck to enjoy the sites. Guess I was hoping someone in the area could give me a better picture of the weather

Yes, Roz, I certainly agree that river levels should be the main concern over rain / snow. However, I can appreciate that such weather can put quite a damper on the cruise. So, pick your poison: Snow / rain on a boat or on a bus? :)