What are the bathrobes made of?

Presto2

Silly question I suppose, but for anyone who has purchased, or had, bathrobes on P&O what are they made of? Don't mind cotton but would hate that horrible synthetic nylon you get on some hotels.

The ones we bought on the Azura this year were 100% polyester and made by a company called the Engish Trading Co.

Very soft warm and lightweight.

We bought online from the ships gift collection ( P&O Cruises Soft Fluffy Bathrobe – £19.99 or 2 for £29.99 )

The ones used by P&O on-board are supplied by a company called Deckotext,

these could be cotton but not sure .

Edited by kalos

Thanks folks - we are looking at the 2 for £29 ones and as I have long hair, which gets fizzy with static we may need to leave them. Don't want to look like something from the Glam Rock era on our formal night :D:D:D

Thanks folks - we are looking at the 2 for £29 ones and as I have long hair, which gets fizzy with static we may need to leave them. Don't want to look like something from the Glam Rock era on our formal night :D:D:D

Just a did you know and I picked this up on one of the American line boards on here...

Tumble dryer sheets like bounce..I purchased an own store brand, smelt nicer..

If you have static on your clothes or hair, wipe over with one of these and the static disappears.

Now whether you would want to do it on your hair I don't know, but I have done it with clothes that insist on wrapping themselves around me, and it does work.

Just a did you know and I picked this up on one of the American line boards on here...

Tumble dryer sheets like bounce..I purchased an own store brand, smelt nicer..

If you have static on your clothes or hair, wipe over with one of these and the static disappears.

Now whether you would want to do it on your hair I don't know, but I have done it with clothes that insist on wrapping themselves around me, and it does work.

Now if anyone comes across a woman on formal night smelling of Bounce you'll know its me ;) I tend to get static on winter holidays / ski holidays. That's when all of the static appears and I look like I've had an electric shock every day !

We ordered two to be in our cabin on our last cruise.

Have to say we were very disappointing in them and got a refund.

The quality was not great, but the biggest problem for me was, as a big guy, six two and large build I found they tied closer to my chest than my waist so were of little use. We were told they only come in one size.

The quality was not great, but the biggest problem for me was, as a big guy, six two and large build I found they tied closer to my chest than my waist so were of little use. We were told they only come in one size.

Well we are an odd couple. I'm about 5ft and are used to looking like Dopey from the 7 Dwarfs in a bathrobe but Mr Presto2 is 6ft 3 and used to it fitting.

I think I am worried re the quality ------ I would want something cotton --- and something that sort of fits :)

Hubby has said that it looks like we'll be sticking with towels or going naked ----------- wouldn't wish that on anyone though :D:D:D

We bought the pack of two for our first cruise a few years back and yes, they are manmade fabric but lovely and soft and absorbent - plus they wash well, squash down in luggage without creasing and are nice and cosy. Handy too for a balcony in colder climes. But - I wouldn't wear it in warm conditions as it makes me sweat. I take a thin cotton one from home instead. Hubby is 5' 11" and 17 stone - fits him ok as one-size.

We bought the pack of two for our first cruise a few years back and yes, they are manmade fabric but lovely and soft and absorbent - plus they wash well, squash down in luggage without creasing and are nice and cosy. Handy too for a balcony in colder climes. But - I wouldn't wear it in warm conditions as it makes me sweat. I take a thin cotton one from home instead. Hubby is 5' 11" and 17 stone - fits him ok as one-size.

Thanks - we're off to the Med. so seems like a definite no for us. Many thanks everyone. :)

You ordered them, and got a refund . You mean one has to 'Buy' a bath robe on P&0 for use in the cabin ?

Confused dot com.:confused:

You ordered them, and got a refund . You mean one has to 'Buy' a bath robe on P&0 for use in the cabin ?

Confused dot com.:confused:

On pando you only get bathrobes in mini suites or suites, (and deluxe balcony I think on one of the bigger ships, that is the equivalent of a mini suite on the other ships.)

If you are not in one of the above, you do not get a bathrobe.

On pando you only get bathrobes in mini suites or suites, (and deluxe balcony I think on one of the bigger ships, that is the equivalent of a mini suite on the other ships.)

If you are not in one of the above, you do not get a bathrobe.

We had thought of buying them for Oceana, but have changed our minds. Interestingly we are on Venura next year in a deluxe balcony cabin so it seems we may get one then and have the chance to see what they are like.

Thanks again folks:)

I expect some walk around the deck with them on looking ridiculous.

I sometimes wear mine along the corridor if I want to get to launderette first thing. People walk around in a lot worse :eek::eek:

I expect some walk around the deck with them on looking ridiculous.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just in the cabin and on the balcony would be our plan.

If no bathrobe then just a towel . and believe me that is for just 'me and mine' on the balcony unless anyone else can see us and then we cover up more.

To be fair, have only seen anyone in bathrobes in deck on RCI .. the ISO. Have never seen it on P&O or Celebrity

Edited by Presto2

Cannot see the problem walking along the corridor in a dressing gown, I take my own and wear it to the launderette and I've seen plenty worse onsies, boxers doing a spot of ironing!! need I say more

Cannot see the problem walking along the corridor in a dressing gown, I take my own and wear it to the launderette and I've seen plenty worse onsies, boxers doing a spot of ironing!! need I say more

Suppose I am thinking breakfast and up on deck around the pools in a bathrobe. Just doesn't seem right to me

Ugh . sorry makes me cringe

Re the onsies and ironing ............. don't really know what to say