Holiday Inn POM Suite??

Sea saw 56

Would be interested in any comments or pictures from anyone that stayed in a bay view suite here. Trying to decide whether to stay at the Double Tree Biscayne, or whether one of the suites here would serve just as well one night pre-cruise. We know we want to eat at Bubba Gumps, and we will need a separated (by door) sleeping/living arrangement.

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP! The more I read, the more this location appeals to me. I know this will not be 5 star, but still would like to see reviews about suites with a port view, mainly due to location.

After reading lots about DoubleTree, don't think I want to take a chance with them.

Thank you for that info Fishy. Looks like that option is off the table and we're back to the drawing board. I hadn't even been in the booking window for it yet, as our cruise leaves December of 2016.

Time to start reading reviews again. I really do appreciate the heads up.

Too bad they can't make it a mixed use project and have the hotel occupy the first ten floors and put the condo's at the top.

article says: Project would have 400 condos, 240 hotel rooms, more than 500,000 square feet of retail and office space

OP ... just my 2 cents but with so much GREAT food available around Miami .... Bubba Gumps? Red Lobster with southern accent . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

Don't be surprised if this project never gets off the ground.

Downtown Miami is being crazy overbuilt right now and many of my real estate colleagues think the market may bottom out again soon.

$1,000-$2,000 a square foot for luxury condos simply cannot sustain itself for very long with the drop in the Yaun, the Pound, and the Euro.

I would not hesitate to book the HIPOM for the right price.

If you want a really nice hotel room downtown, look at the Four Seasons, The Epic, The Mandarin Oriental, and The Viceroy.

Edited by BlueHerons

We have stayed in one, we didn't pay for it, we got upgrade to it for belonging to therm rewards program, but I wouldn't hesitate to book it again!

It was a very nice room. We had a corner suite, with a bay view. The bed room itself had a bed and a bathroom and then the living room was separated by French doors and had a couch, tv and a kitchenette. It was a very nice and spacious room and would be great for a family!

• 3 weeks later...

Most hotels let you book 11 months out. If they take a reservation I'd make one with a back-up somewhere else just in case.

As for Bubba Gumps we ate there once (Bayside). I'll almost always give a place a second chance but not that one. Below average seafood that was overpriced. Will never visit another Bubba Gumps it was that bad.....:mad:

Most hotels let you book 11 months out. If they take a reservation I'd make one with a back-up somewhere else just in case.

As for Bubba Gumps we ate there once (Bayside). I'll almost always give a place a second chance but not that one. Below average seafood that was overpriced. Will never visit another Bubba Gumps it was that bad.....:mad:

We have the Holiday Inn booked for our April cruise. We fly in late at night and just wanted somewhere close to port. We got a good price. Now you have me wondering if I should book a back up.

That's exactly the kind of room I was hoping for, if they are still in the hotel business in December 2016. Did it happen to have a 1/2 bath in addition to the one in the bedroom?

No, ours didn't. We just had the one bathroom connected to the bedroom. Then a sitting room with a couch and a tv and a kitchenette.