1st timer on Azamara

midlandgas

Hi we are experienced cruisers normally RSSC, but we are looking at the Azamara Quest for May 2016 around Italy

Can we have any advise on best Balcony Stateroom (Not suit) looking for quiet with decent sized bathroom and balcony

Thank you

There is a pretty decent thread on the stickies above that people have reported about the pros and cons of various cabins! It takes a bit of searching and matching up with deck plans, but I found it helpful.

Totally agree. It's a wonderful resource.

In terms of the verandah staterooms, I believe all V1's, V2's and V3's are essentially the same size. The differences in price reflect their location on the ship.

Using the resource above, will help to narrow your selection. I might mention that some of the forward V3's on Deck 6 may have a problem from rehearsals/shows in the Cabaret. But we haven't had an issue.

As for the Vx's, never been in one but I think some may have a larger balcony. I hope others will correct this if I'm mistaken.

Totally agree. It's a wonderful resource.

In terms of the verandah staterooms, I believe all V1's, V2's and V3's are essentially the same size. The differences in price reflect their location on the ship.

Using the resource above, will help to narrow your selection. I might mention that some of the forward V3's on Deck 6 may have a problem from rehearsals/shows in the Cabaret. But we haven't had an issue.

As for the Vx's, never been in one but I think some may have a larger balcony. I hope others will correct this if I'm mistaken.

VX verandas on the stern certainly have deeper balconies. Can't answer for VX staterooms toward the bow, but they will get more wind and motion. All verandas will have the same small bathrooms except the few intended specifically for those with disabilities.

We were in 7062 (V2) on the Journey in October. Nice room, no issues. Probably as good as it gets unless one ups to a suite. We would love to see the "new" Journey and Quest after their planned upgrades. Will have to find another Azamara cruise!

That was our first Azamara cruise, after sailing seven other lines.

The veranda rooms I have stayed in on Azamara are much smaller than on RSSC. All state rooms on RSSC are suites with fairly large bathrooms, even the smallest suites as you know.

The balconies on Azamara are small, the closet small and the bathroom extremely tiny. It serves its purpose, but it is much much smaller than RSSC. I have only stayed in Veranda rooms on Azamara, so I don't know how the suites compare to RSSC.

I havent sailed Azamara yet, but have sailed Oceania Insignia which shares the same design. Yes, cabins are smaller than you may be used to. But these more-luxe cruise lines make up for that with public spaces that are much less crowded, so you can get a "private" space in the library etc. As far as quiet in the cabin, deck 7 is sandwiched between two other cabin decks so all the cabins there should be quiet. Depending on the itinerary, there are 2 cabins that could be real bargains: 7006 & 7007 include the space of the balcony inside the cabin so they are the largest non-suite cabins; but you don't get a balcony and they are far forward so will have more motion [6004 & 6005 are similar but I would worry about noise from the lounge below].

I havent sailed Azamara yet, but have sailed Oceania Insignia which shares the same design. Yes, cabins are smaller than you may be used to. But these more-luxe cruise lines make up for that with public spaces that are much less crowded, so you can get a "private" space in the library etc. As far as quiet in the cabin, deck 7 is sandwiched between two other cabin decks so all the cabins there should be quiet. Depending on the itinerary, there are 2 cabins that could be real bargains: 7006 & 7007 include the space of the balcony inside the cabin so they are the largest non-suite cabins; but you don't get a balcony and they are far forward so will have more motion [6004 & 6005 are similar but I would worry about noise from the lounge below].

Thanks for the information. We have already booked 7006 for December.