Bottled Water

yuvraj

I have read a few comments about the cost of alcoholic drinks but my biggest hang up is the cost of bottled water.

Am I the only one who thinks RCI are unreasonable on what they charge for bottled water?

This is the number 1 thing that annoys me.

I have read a few comments about the cost of alcoholic drinks but my biggest hang up is the cost of bottled water.

Am I the only one who thinks RCI are unreasonable on what they charge for bottled water?

This is the number 1 thing that annoys me.

I could be annoyed by that sitting here in Ohio 1 block from a convenience store and 100 places to buy water within 2 miles of me, but if I was on a ship in the middle of nowhere in the Caribbean heat, sitting by the pool I'd gladly pay $4 to someone who thought ahead enough to provide it and dispose of it for me. I fly in to my cruise and don't want to stop at a store and deal with carrying water on to the ship. What I would find annoying is the supplied refrigerators won't keep it cool.

Ship's water is made by reverse osmosis, the same process used by most bottled water companies. Check the website of your favorite bottled water and see.

So you can just bring a bottle and fill it up.

Cost of water on the ship is less than at Disney for example. Or a sporting event, or almost any resort. A case of 24 bottles, including tip, $3.39 per liter. At the local movie theater, a liter of water is over $5.00.

So, is it overpriced? Sure. And you can always carry it on. We carried water on for years. But when I finally looked at the "big picture," $81 for 24 liters of water delivered to our cabin is just not significant in the overall cost of the cruise. So, that's what we do. Besides, as mentioned, ship water is among the purest you can find. My wife is just fussy about it and doesn't believe me, so it's worth $81 to keep "mama happy." Because as they say "if Mama ain't happy, NOBODY is happy." :)

I refused to pay for water! What's in the bottles is the same as what you'll get on the ship...H2O! Nothing wrong with it....your food, ice and beverages are all made with the water on the ship!

Save your breath.

The bottled water people need their bottled water.

Doesn't matter how good the tap water is, it is NOT in a bottle.:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I sell bottled water and not ALL bottled water is the same

The water I sell is Spring Water bottled at the source and only goes thru a filtration process.

Dasani is water that everything is taken out to make it distilled and then minerals are added and then bottled.

Just FYI

I sell bottled water and not ALL bottled water is the same

The water I sell is Spring Water bottled at the source and only goes thru a filtration process.

Dasani is water that everything is taken out to make it distilled and then minerals are added and then bottled.

Just FYI

And since Dasani is a Coco Cola product.....

For some reason there are just "a few" Coke drinkers around. ;)