I am a Seabourn Apostille but.....

Rivercove10

... I love everything Seabourn but DH (Husbank - lol) complains that the television is too small and off centre when watching the vast supply of entertainment on the interactive television in the Veranda Suites.

He also agrees that Seabourn has everything up there to a faultless experience. He hates the size of the TV. So much so that he has insisted that we have a penthouse suite on our next sailing which has been booked. I believe the veranda suites are awesome.

I have sort of said that the new Encore ship will get this right. Oh dear, I cannot find anything about what size television is going to be installed. I hope that the new suites will have a slightly bigger screen.

Isn't it wonderful that we have to find such a small issue to complain about.

BTW (by the way for less geeky persons - lol) I was so appreciative when hubby and I had a bit of sea sickness on the Antarctic Holiday Cruise 2014 - we were so entertained by the latest films on offer to keep us from feeling a little green.

I am surprised that the new Encore has so few Penthouse suites when the vibe has it that they sell out the quickest.

All the opinions are my own and I am not an expert in cruise travel other that I am a Seabourn cruiser ...seriously once a Seabourn Sailor, how can you go back??? ( And this forum needs some stimulation of argument - lol)

We leave for our very first Seabourn cruise next month and love movies. We live an hour from the nearest movie theater so always need to catch up. May I ask how current the selection is in the on demand system? Does it contain things recently out on DVD or a similar selection to in-flight films for instance? Foks will see us in bars, trust me, just wondering how the selection will be if we opt for an afternoon in-suite movie.

I bet the poster was being serious. Really! Hubby did not appreciate having to look sideways from his bed to watch TV...

So what to do?! The Grand Salon has 3 large high tech video screens wired to show films. Why not arrange slumber parties where you can recline on pillows at the foot of one or another screen? The sound system is likewise excellent and you can make new friends, order catering, and hold slumber parties (remember them when you were what is now called a " pre-teen "?) with people you have met at your deck's " howdy doody neighbor " corridor block party?

Or stay in your cabin and suffer the indignity of viewing your own TV screen. Even if it's not at the foot of your bed.

Happy sailing!

This will certainly start a CC controversy!:eek:

I hope not - I am afraid I am too pedantic!

If this is a serious topic, might I suggest the OP tries Regent Mariner - we were on her a while ago and the suite had the most enormous TV, however far away you tried to get it was not far enough, plus it did not retract, so almost impossible to get past it from the bed area to the sitting area. We watch TV very rarely on board, so it was more the nuisance value of it being in the way of moving round the suite.

Is it just me, or does a 42" TV sound a bit too large for a normal suite on Seabourn? Maybe in a penthouse or larger. I think the one we had on Regent was that size, and the picture seemed too big - perhaps I am just being British, not used to a 'cinema room' at home.

It might be nice to have a larger TV. But then it would not fit in the cabinet from which it extends and swivels so as to be seen from the bed or the couch, would it.

And please, no comparisons to Celebrity, if you don't mind - I want to keep down my breakfast cereal. That's really taking things too far.

We will all see soon enough how Seabourn designs the amenities on Encore. But if you are not satisfied with the results, given that you will have demonstrated a meaure of patience, you can then return to Celebrity. Or maybe take up the other recommendations offered above on this thread.

Happy sailng!

Is it just me, or does a 42" TV sound a bit too large for a normal suite on Seabourn? Maybe in a penthouse or larger. I think the one we had on Regent was that size, and the picture seemed too big - perhaps I am just being British, not used to a 'cinema room' at home.

I agree, the room dominated with a large black screen when off. You know, it doesn't seem all that long ago that most people had an 18" or 20" tv in a big cube. :eek::D

... I love everything Seabourn but DH (Husbank - lol) complains that the television is too small and off centre when watching the vast supply of entertainment on the interactive television in the Veranda Suites.

Solution to this one is easy ... and also solves your Christmas list problem.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-HMZ-T3W-Personal-Screens-Virtual/dp/B00EXDUEEC

You can leave him happy in the suite watching the movie and you can go out and have fun dining & dancing (without breaking the Husbank).

Erm .... don't wish to be offensive, but do you mean Apostle or pastille, a kind of sweet??

This will certainly start a CC controversy!:eek:

Apostille - to legally certify a document.

Apostle - follower or messenger

An apostille is used to certify and authenticate international documents. If you have a document that needs to be certified to be accepted in another country (for example, marriage certificate, corporate records), the country of origin certifies it with an "apostille." This is done by the consulates if you are already in the second country or by the foreign office (state department) or other approved notaries or courts in the country of origin. This is regulated by a Hague convention. Countries that are not parties to this convention have a cumbersome process called "legalization" to certify documents to be used in other countries.

Here is a good definition.

"An Apostille is a certificate issued by a designated authority in a country where the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalization of Foreign Public Documents, Apostille Convention, is in force. Apostilles authenticate the seals and signatures of officials on public documents such as birth certificates, notarials, court orders, or any other document issued by a public authority, so that they can be recognized in foreign countries that are parties to the Convention."

Edited by marazul

We leave for our very first Seabourn cruise next month and love movies. We live an hour from the nearest movie theater so always need to catch up. May I ask how current the selection is in the on demand system? Does it contain things recently out on DVD or a similar selection to in-flight films for instance? Foks will see us in bars, trust me, just wondering how the selection will be if we opt for an afternoon in-suite movie.

I was wondering about the movie selection also. Anyone have any information? Thanks

Movie selection is fantastic. Think what you gain on business class flight entertainment, you will experience similar or better. We were blown away with the latest offerings. Plus there are so many movies, national geographic and programmes relating to your voyage. Too much to watch for the time onboard even though my DH would like a bigger screen, amazing entertainment and experience.

I love the movie selection and new movies get added periodically through the cruise as well as the system updates itself so it's worth checking the selection mid-cruise.

One of my favorite things to do mid-cruise is unwind with a movie night in the suite. Since room service will deliver The Restaurant menu during dinner hours, it can be quite relaxing to enjoy a nice meal, a bottle of wine, and a movie I missed in the theatre. It's like being at home - only someone else does the dishes!