Has anyone cancelled a pre-booked excursion?

trvlwrld

what is the time frame for cancelling a reserved (but NOT paid for) ship excursion? can i still cancel the excursion if i change my mind once i get on the ship?

Yes you can cancel onboard........

As long as it's not a non refundable one you can either cancel it in your personalizer or cancel as soon as you can once onboard. The tour desk will post a date/time that tours need to be canceled by.

Usually 24-48 hours before the tour depending on the tour.

what is the time frame for cancelling a reserved (but NOT paid for) ship excursion? can i still cancel the excursion if i change my mind once i get on the ship?

Be aware that if the excursion involves airplanes/helicopters, you usually have to cancel on the first or second day. Check with the shore excursion desk to find out your options.

I cancelled on the second day after we got on the ship. My wife was not able to attend. It involved wearing a helmet and walking under the water. She couldn't go because it would affect her ears. We did not know this when we booked the excursion. There was no problem and we were not charged.

Tony

The Princess policy on cancelling shore excursions is in FAQ: EXCURSIONS on their website under "Excursion Cancellation".

As stated, excursions not involving flights, private vehicles, or hotels can be cancelled onboard prior to the "Closing Time for Cancellations" listed on the excursion reservation forms and on the Patter onboard. Be careful about excursions on the first few days - the cancellation deadline may be the day of embarkation. If you cancel before that Closing Time, you will receive a full refund of the charge.

Princess will cancel the excursion and refund the charge after the Closing Time if you are too sick to go on the excursion. This requires a note from the ship's doctor, and you will have to pay for the visit to the medical center (reimbursable by most travel insurance policies).

• 4 months later...

I recently (June) took a Cruise/Land tour with Princess, pre-booking through Princess on line web site, several excursions during the land portion of the tour. One of the excursions, a flight for 2 over Mt. McKinley on June 20th, cost over $800.00, was cancelled by the flight tour company due to weather and I was told a refund would be forthcoming. I patiently watched for this credit to appear on my credit card, the same used to pay for the excursion. I spoke with our land tour guide and was told it "should be coming". The tour ended June 22nd, I waited a couple days and still no refund. I began calling Princess and was then told that they had to wait for the "vendor" to submit their report to Princess showing them the cancellation. I was told to try again in a couple weeks. I did and was again given the runaround. No one seemed to know how to handle this, a simple refund (in my opinion, after all, they did take the money from me within 2 days of reserving). It has now been over a month and after 6 phone calls to Princess, I still do not have any satisfaction. Yesterday, I stayed on the phone with Princess for 45 minutes only to be given a "land excursion credit card dispute phone number to call". That phone number turned out to be the wrong one. I had to call them back only to be given a "correct" phone number. I called that number which ended up being a "busy circuit" phone number. I tried again today with the same results. I AGAIN called Princess, AGAIN explained my dilemma and AGAIN was on the phone with them for over 45 minutes, this time being given to "pre-cruise customer relations representative. She finally told me that she would get me an answer no later than tomorrow. This has been extremely frustrating. Note: I also booked some excursions directly through another agency, one of the excursion was again cancelled by provider due to weather and received the refund the next day. Also note, these Princess booked excursions to not have any "Vendor" phone number nor name for contacting them directly.

Edited by slime8

I recently (June) took a Cruise/Land tour with Princess, pre-booking through Princess on line web site, several excursions during the land portion of the tour. One of the excursions, a flight for 2 over Mt. McKinley on June 20th, cost over $800.00, was cancelled by the flight tour company due to weather and I was told a refund would be forthcoming. I patiently watched for this credit to appear on my credit card, the same used to pay for the excursion. I spoke with our land tour guide and was told it "should be coming". The tour ended June 22nd, I waited a couple days and still no refund. I began calling Princess and was then told that they had to wait for the "vendor" to submit their report to Princess showing them the cancellation. I was told to try again in a couple weeks. I did and was again given the runaround. No one seemed to know how to handle this, a simple refund (in my opinion, after all, they did take the money from me within 2 days of reserving). It has now been over a month and after 6 phone calls to Princess, I still do not have any satisfaction. Yesterday, I stayed on the phone with Princess for 45 minutes only to be given a "land excursion credit card dispute phone number to call". That phone number turned out to be the wrong one. I had to call them back only to be given a "correct" phone number. I called that number which ended up being a "busy circuit" phone number. I tried again today with the same results. I AGAIN called Princess, AGAIN explained my dilemma and AGAIN was on the phone with them for over 45 minutes, this time being given to "pre-cruise customer relations representative. She finally told me that she would get me an answer no later than tomorrow. This has been extremely frustrating. Note: I also booked some excursions directly through another agency, one of the excursion was again cancelled by provider due to weather and received the refund the next day. Also note, these Princess booked excursions to not have any "Vendor" phone number nor name for contacting them directly.

I am sure this is very frustrating for you. I know I would be upset.

In the meantime........

Why not dispute the charge with your CC and provide the cancellation info you were given about the tour?

I am sure this is very frustrating for you. I know I would be upset.

In the meantime........

Why not dispute the charge with your CC and provide the cancellation info you were given about the tour?

Update, Princess customer service maganger called be back shortly after I posted this, apologizing for my woes and said she would get to the bottom of this by tomorrow at the latest. CC company would have been my next stop however, I do want to let Princess people know that it seems like they have an internal communication problem. The service manager acknowledged that and said she would also address that issue on her end. Happy ending in site Thank you.

• 1 month later...