Royal Princess Lido Deck Balcony Cabins L301/302

mathgeek1978

Two questions:

1. These 2 cabins are in the same class (BC) and therefore, same price, as their neighboring cabins but the picture shows that it has a much larger balcony. Does anyone have experience staying there and can comment on the size of the balcony?

2. At this location, I would assume that noise is a major issue -- coming both from the pool area as well as the stairs/elevator right outside the cabin. Could anyone comment on the noise issue or share your experience?

Thanks in advance!

Royal%20Princess_zpsl6wpuw3m.jpg

I have stayed in it and yes it is slightly larger, but quite a bit of noise coming from deck 17 and also from the crew access / service area near the access to the lido deck. A lot of cart movement (towel racks ) etc. It is also obstructed as you really only have a 90 degree view as you cannot see aft.

Edited by ltcal94

I have stayed in it and yes it is slightly larger, but quite a bit of noise coming from deck 17 and also from the service area near the access to the lido deck. A lot of cart movement etc. It is also obstructed as you really only have a 90 degree view as you cannot see aft.

I agree. Also smells from the grill/pizzeria.

I took my family on the British Isles cruise last June and we had L301 and L302 and LOVED these cabins. I don't recall ever being disturbed by any noise from above (sanctuary), hall noise the same as any other cabin, don't remember any food smells, but loved the closeness to pizza, burgers, pool, buffet, Mutts (never heard from cabin), forward elevators and/or stairs. The large balcony was great, but mostly the view from the front of the ship, seeing where you are headed, was breathtaking. I would always pick these cabins again anytime.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I call these two rooms the dream rooms. They are hard to book because they sell first. I have booked both rooms on the Regal. The bar is only 50 paces away, I've counted. The balcony projects out so if you place your lounge chair facing forward you get the feeling of flying on air. Never could hear MUTS or smell pizza nor hear noise from above @ retreat pool entrance. There is a service entrance across the hall, but no big deal. Also no noise from sliding doors from other side of wall. The balcony and the location make these rooms a must for me.

• 1 year later...

Looks like an old post -- but the information is priceless :)

Looking at these cabins for my Majestic Princess cruise in Australia. BOTH are available right now -- and I'm leaning towards grabbing one.

Anyone else have any insight? Opinion?

Thanks!!

Looks like an old post -- but the information is priceless :)

Looking at these cabins for my Majestic Princess cruise in Australia. BOTH are available right now -- and I'm leaning towards grabbing one.

Anyone else have any insight? Opinion?

Thanks!!

Better grab one!! :D

We have L302 booked for our November cruise on Regal. We are super excited to stay in this cabin. We always stay on Lido. We love being so close to all the activities, bars and food on Lido. We talked to a couple on a previous cruise that were in L302 and they said it was the best balcony cabin they have ever stayed in on any Princess ship. It made us want to try it.

We stayed in L301 for a transatlantic in April of this year. The balcony is quite a bit bigger, the only problem was the weather as it rained a lot and even though the balcony is cover it was unuseable on those days, without getting wet. Never any smell from grill and the noise didn't bother us. We have booked L302 for our next transatlantic for this coming April.

had one of these before and have again for Caribbean in Feb of 2018 and 2019, we travel with another couple and we open balcony dividers.

opps wait don't get this cabin, it sucks, avoid at all costs, don't book especially in February for the Caribbean !!!!!

LOL

thanks for info in this thread. some minis are open on lido deck and i was wondering the noise from the pool. or any other activities in the area.

i dont know the hours of the grill /pizza etc but being close to them seems like win/win. i'm assuming they are open even in october when cold out?

i'm making another inquiry into lido deck rooms. another posted has said you hear deck chairs etc in the morning and they have parties late at nite in sanctuary that they heard.

whats your experience? with my gf's bad knee we wont be using the steps at all so lido seems the place to be for us. close to the grill and pizza and buffet.

Edited by luckyinpa

BUMP....

I also might be interested in these...

Can't tell whether the good is as good as mentioned... Or if the bad is as bad!!!

I am thinking to get a regular balcony a few doors back, to get this location, but no drawbacks...

Not sure we really need the diagonal balcony??? Hhhhmmm????

I can't imagine the comments about the Sanctuary... This area is farther forward and should be silent at night.

Now, if princess holds any deck/pool parties right outside on Lido... and they last later into the evening or at night.. That would probably be an issue.

We try to get this cabin whenever we can, BUT to be honest there was a late nite party on lido that did keep me up with noise one night. However it was only once in over four different cruises that they had a late nite party 🎉 on that part of lido deck. Good luck, to us it is still worth getting.....wife takes sleeping pills = no noise

• 5 years later...

After seeing all the comments, I took a chance on L302 on the Sky Princess May 2023. This cabin is very noisy and would not recommend despite the location and extended balcony. I didn’t see personally but think it was the large towel / blanket carts coming through the door at 12:30 am & 6:30 am causing most of the noise. Anything rolling over the metal threshold can be heard. 

Also, if you’re on a cold weather cruise, the glass doors provide extra wind blockage but bang with the wind gusts. 

Earplugs worked a bit but the cabin was shaking from some of the noise. Happy cruising! Back to Aloha deck for me…