Windows buffet sample menus

katykrol

Hello - my husband and I are going on our first Azamara cruise in March. I'm very excited since this will be the smallest ship we have ever been on. We are Emerald on RCI and love the line, but we have cruised Oceania Riveria twice and loved the food, especially the grill buffet in the evenings. I know the buffet on Azamara has "theme" nights. My husband is super picky (meat and potatoes man) and loved the Riveria because he could get grilled meat/shrimp and mashed potatoes every meal. I have tried to find sample menus for the buffet but only can find some for Discoveries. While Discoveries looks delicious to me, I'm afraid he might find the food too rich. So, long story short, two questions: Can he get a plain steak and baked potato every night in Discoveries and does anyone have sample Windows Buffet menus.

thank you - we are really looking forward to the ambience that everyone seems to love on these ships.

Hi katykrol and welcome to the Azamara board.

Yes your husband can have a New Strip Steak with mashed or baked Idaho potatoes every night if he so wishes. There is an "always available" menu in Discoveries every night with steak, chicken and salmon on it, apart from the many other daily delicious courses, which I'm sure you will both want to try.

If your husband doesn't like rich food, they will happily simplify the food for him, omitting rich sauces and substituting potatoes. Prime C steak house does wonderful steaks too....I personally think they are better than Oceania's Polo Grill.

I don't have a sample Windows menu....I'm not sure there is one as it changes so often and it's a case of what speciality night is it tonight. There is always a large roast meat joint available, even for lunch, so your husband should have no problems in being well fed! :)

Can he get a plain steak and baked potato every night in Discoveries and does anyone have sample Windows Buffet menus.

Another dinner option is the new Patio Grill, with grilled meats/fish every night with various side dishes (potatoes and veggies).

We are mainly in the buffet every night and he had a filet, lobster and mashed potatoes. I'm glad to know about the patio option. Since he typically enjoys the food on RCI I'm sure the food on the Quest will be even better.

The real fun aspect of the buffets on Azamara are the changing cruising offered in the buffets in the evening ranging from German to Italian to French to American, to Asian, to many other options. Add in the choices available in the new Patio Grill, the offerings available in Discoveries and the two specialty restaurants and there is more than enough options for any palate. The international options are truly delectable to the point where we usually forgo a specialty restaurant for the buffet even as CC quests.

We are mainly in the buffet every night and he had a filet, lobster and mashed potatoes. I'm glad to know about the patio option. Since he typically enjoys the food on RCI I'm sure the food on the Quest will be even better.

A nice thing about The Patio is you can go into the buffet and carry buffet items out to The Patio in addition to ordering off The Patio menu. That allows one person to enjoy the ethnic menu (French, Italian, etc.) in the buffet while the other can get meat and potatoes from The Patio menu, if those are their preferences.

Edited by marinaro44

A nice thing about The Patio is you can go into the buffet and carry buffet items out to The Patio in addition to ordering off The Patio menu. That allows one person to enjoy the ethnic menu (French, Italian, etc.) in the buffet while the other can get meat and potatoes from The Patio menu, if those are their preferences.

Excellent point.

I thought about taking pictures of the themed nights in Windows. Wish now that I had so I could post them.

Hello - my husband and I are going on our first Azamara cruise in March. I'm very excited since this will be the smallest ship we have ever been on. We are Emerald on RCI and love the line, but we have cruised Oceania Riveria twice and loved the food, especially the grill buffet in the evenings. I know the buffet on Azamara has "theme" nights. My husband is super picky (meat and potatoes man) and loved the Riveria because he could get grilled meat/shrimp and mashed potatoes every meal. I have tried to find sample menus for the buffet but only can find some for Discoveries. While Discoveries looks delicious to me, I'm afraid he might find the food too rich. So, long story short, two questions: Can he get a plain steak and baked potato every night in Discoveries and does anyone have sample Windows Buffet menus.

thank you - we are really looking forward to the ambience that everyone seems to love on these ships.

I've already said elsewhere that my wife and I were extremely disappointed with the dining in both Discoveries and Windows. Yes they have mash but also an overload of couscous, pasta, rice and risotto. Yes they have a New York broiled steak in the Discoveries but never a rump, fillet, sirloin, steak Diane etc. We expected much better and didn't receive it.

Your cruise must have been unusual. In October/November on the Quest we had fillet steak (filet mignon) in Discoveries several times. Beef was offered most nights - roast or grilled - as well as the New York Strip steak that is on every night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app