P&O Summer 2018

FatBoy20

P&O have just announced that Summer 2018 Cruises will be on sale from Mid September this year.

Yeah, bringing it in line with Celebrity now - I think they start to sell theirs in the Autumn now.

Where did you see this announcement ? Nothing on the P&O website or facebook page...

I've received an email from them today; here's the link to their website page.

http://www.pocruises.com/new-summer-2018-collection/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=explore_16julpp&utm_campaign=explore_newsletter&sisearchengine=536&siproduct=explore_newsletter&utm_content=summer2018

Joan

I dont recieve emails from P&O - but rang them up and got through straight away and the lovely woman told me the brochure will go from April 2018 through to Winter 2018 so I assume she meant up to Christmas 2018...

The info we got said from April 18 through to October 18.

Sue

We got the mail and were quite surprised at being so early. We have Oceana booked for December this year but we haven't managed to tie down our cruises for 2017 yet because we are looking for something before the one on Oceana.

I will end up confused if I start looking at 2018 in September.:);)

Yes ive seen the communication. How strange. This is 7/8 months early.

Realistically if one operator gets his product to the market place eight months ahead of the competition he will have an eight month period when he can sell whereas his competitors sell nothing. The only risk is selling off your product too cheaply. Most cruise lines that sell early do so at quite a high price so this does not happen. In the US when prices drop everybody gets the revised later deal on a price amendment basis and therefore confidence is maintained.

I cannot see people being offered excellent bargain price deals this far ahead in the UK market.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Exciting! I have had the e-mail too today. I can't book my 2017 holidays yet at work until September but at least it gives me an idea - such as "if I do this one next year I can do that one next" :D :D I wouldn't have booked this year's one when I did when I saw the better month they had the same cruise on for 2017!

Daft question - Will it be in September that we get to see the actual summer 2018 itineraries ?...

Thinking now I would like to move my Britannia Fjords cruise to one in 2018 but would love to know WHEN so I know when to book for in September.

Daft question - Will it be in September that we get to see the actual summer 2018 itineraries ?...

Thinking now I would like to move my Britannia Fjords cruise to one in 2018 but would love to know WHEN so I know when to book for in September.

It says booking goes on general sale 19th September! (High tiers earlier)

Edited by P&O SUE

It says booking goes on general sale 19th September! (High tiers earlier)

That's incredibly early ---- what am I going to do with those March / April evenings researching now ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Dates for your diaries !!

Monday 5th September 2016 - Pre-Registration opens.

Wednesday 14th September 2016 - Pre-Registration closes.

Thursday 15th September 2016 - Collection on sale to Caribbean, Baltic and Ligurian tier Peninsular Club members.

Monday 19th September 2016 - Open for cruises sailing April, May, June 2018.

Edited by cruisefan2012

• 2 weeks later...