Transfers to Regent Hotel?

I'm wondering if I could buy transfers with Regent to their post-cruise hotel even if we're not staying there, or if we booked that hotel independently.

The reason I ask is that I've read that Callao (Lima) disembarkation is fraught for those with independent arrangements.

Don't really want to stay in Regent's hotel, but might consider it, although the hotel I have currently booked is in the same district, about 6 blocks away. I would not consider booking the Regent post-cruise package, since the prices are outrageous (double.)

While I am not sure if you can buy post-cruise transfers to a Regent hotel, I'm certain that the price would be outrageous -- at least twice the cost of what you would pay by taxi in most cities.

Yeah but it might be worth it. Anyone else done a private transfer from Callao? I've been reading a thread about it over on the Oceania board.

Wendy, have you checked the port section on CC? We have picked up great transfer suggestions there and on Trip Advisor. If you book it with a short Lima tour you could come out ahead. We did this in Santiago. They just put our luggage in the trunk while we toured and it gave us an orientation to the city.

I've considered doing that, for sure, thanks. Been haunting the South America board here, but will do another search. A tour would be nice, since we won't be able to check into our hotel for a while.

The main "fraught" part is apparently just off the shuttle bus from the ships, where there is a great gaggle of touts trying to get you to choose them. I just had this fantasy of getting on a bus and going straight to Miraflores.

We disembarked in Calloa 5+ years ago. I always arrange a car through the concierge at the hotel we're staying. We thought they could pick us directly at the ship; when we did not see them, we called the concierge and they were not able to enter the port and were waiting for us at the port entrance. We had to load all of our luggage onto the port shuttle, exit with our bags, and boy, he was very happy to see us. As I recall it's about 30 minutes or less to Miraflores. We loved Miraflores!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When we disembarked in Callao the year before last, we had a private hotel transfer, organised through A&K who met us at the ship and was one of the best transfers we have done. We simply stepped ashore when we had a call that they were there. No problem.

Do you think the car organiser (hotel or whoever?) might need to put a little effort in here and apply for some kind of permit? Maybe tricky, but by no means impossible!

When we disembarked in Callao the year before last, we had a private hotel transfer, organised through A&K who met us at the ship and was one of the best transfers we have done. We simply stepped ashore when we had a call that they were there. No problem.

Do you think the car organiser (hotel or whoever?) might need to put a little effort in here and apply for some kind of permit? Maybe tricky, but by no means impossible!

I doubt it, given that we're not intending to stay at a "top hotel". But I'm sure it'll be alright. If anyone has a specific recommendation for a tour operator let me know, thanks.

We used a company called Tours by Locals in a number of ports throughout the world. They will pick you up close to the ship and give you whatever kind of tour your would like. We have have some of the most special experiences ever, using this company.

We used a company called Tours by Locals in a number of ports throughout the world. They will pick you up close to the ship and give you whatever kind of tour your would like. We have have some of the most special experiences ever' date=' using this company.[/quote']

Not been at this port but I have used. Toursbylocals 4 times and have a 5th one planned. I also have hotels pick me up at ports and airports