Voyager, Copenhagen to Stockholm - live

Gilly

So, I guess we are not the only ones who eyed the other folks on the plane, wondering who was headed for the same destination as us! We are now in Copenhagen overnight and look forward to joining Voyager tomorrow for our cruise to Stockholm via a few Baltic cities. We have done this itinerary before, though not with Regent, and have travelled independently to some of our destinations too. Nevertheless we look forward to a couple of weeks on board our favourite ship in the company of some very sweet friends.

I will blog (of course) and right now, I'm curious about how Voyager will feel immediately prior to dry dock. We have heard so much about Explorer, how is life on board the rest of the fleet, I wonder? Well, we're about to find out.

Life here is good right now, though. The sun is shining and the residents of Copenhagen are out enjoying the late summer warmth and making the most of a weekend in the fresh air; swimming, boating, cycling and just having fun. We are thrilled to be able to join them!

Thank you for good wishes! We've just finished unpacking and are quite at home, with a couple of hours before the lifeboat drill. I thought I'd just offer my initial impressions and say how lovely it is to be back on board. Familiar faces - not quite so many, for some staff have moved ships or left Regent altogether - but even so, the warmth of the welcome and the surprise recognition of several was as special as always. I only just realise that we have no idea who the Captain is, nor who's the cruise director - but can say GM Davor has everything under control and all will be well, I'm sure ;-)

Our suite looks fine. I was a little anxious that it would be tired and shabby, but it is most certainly anything but. There are a few bumps and lumps on the lower parts of the wooden fixtures, but everything else is shipshape and as smart as ever. We happen to like the "quiet" green decor of the suite and were we at home, I'd not be looking to replace the soft furnishings any time soon, for they are still good. Having said that, once the smart new look is launched, the current decor will surely look tired and outdated! Such is life...

So, all is well. We are happy. The sun is (still) shining and we are looking forward to a great cruise. Incidentally, the ship is full.

I won't report further here, unless there is something significant to report, but will blog each day and offer a summary here later. If there are other CC'ers on board, maybe they will chime in with their thoughts.

He he...did I say I wasn't going to post again?! That didn't take long...

I thought I would just add a bit about internet connection. I just wrote a shortish post for my blog, composing and formatting offline using Live Writer (an open source program which used to be part of MS Office) I logged into the ship's network and hit "publish". It took five minutes to upload (including all the edited photos, which I'd already reduced in size before inserting into the post). It dropped the line once and I had to restart it, but otherwise, pretty slick.

So, we appear to have a good connection, but of course we are still in port. Let's see what happens in the next couple of days - or later tonight, when I might post a short update.

Edited by Gilly

If you would not mind, can you ask Davor if he will be on the ship in December? If too much of a hassle, no worries. We sail at the beginning of December and I enjoy having a glass of wine with Davor pre-dinner in the cigar lounge while my wife gets ready.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thanks,

John

Another great Voyager day in glorious weather! I thought I'd just update the info I know interests many:

Captain Daniel Green

General Manager Davor Josipovic

Cruise Director Andy Heath

Andy is doing a great job and may be known to some. He tells us he was with Oceania recently but was with Radisson previously and before that, on the Song of Flower. His wife Tammie is the hostess.

The ship goes into dry dock at the beginning of October, when I think there might be some crew changes.

Sorry, I don't know if Davor will still be on board in December. I'll let you know if I find out.

Life is good! (We won Trivia ;-)

Thanks Gill for the update and Voyager leadership update. Have been told by FDR that Franck will be the HD once the Grand Voyage begins in 2017 (Auckland to Hong Kong).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you would not mind, can you ask Davor if he will be on the ship in December? If too much of a hassle, no worries. We sail at the beginning of December and I enjoy having a glass of wine with Davor pre-dinner in the cigar lounge while my wife gets ready.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thanks,

John

John the sailor, I am sorry but I think you will need to find another pre dinner companion in December :-(

We are really enjoying our cruise and are envious that you will experience the 'new look'.

Ten days go remarkably fast when we are enjoying ourselves, and enjoy ourselves we did. I can honestly say that this cruise reminded us of why we sail Regent - a very comfortable ship indeed, a great itinerary and the highest standards of service we could wish for. I'll write a review once we are home and I've had time to reflect, but for those about to board in Stockholm today, you are in for a treat. No need to worry about the condition of Voyager pre-dry dock - all is shipshape.

As I type, sitting looking out of our window, there is a semicircular rainbow in the clouds. I could get all poetic ;-)

I have been blogging about the whole journey on my Elegant Sufficiency page http://www.elegantsufficiency.org/ and will add that since we'd been to most ports previously, we chose the included excursions. Without exception, every one was super. Not only that, until today, I had no problems with the wifi.

So sad to leave today, then, but it's someone else's turn to have fun.

Ten days go remarkably fast when we are enjoying ourselves, and enjoy ourselves we did. I can honestly say that this cruise reminded us of why we sail Regent - a very comfortable ship indeed, a great itinerary and the highest standards of service we could wish for. I'll write a review once we are home and I've had time to reflect, but for those about to board in Stockholm today, you are in for a treat. No need to worry about the condition of Voyager pre-dry dock - all is shipshape.

As I type, sitting looking out of our window, there is a semicircular rainbow in the clouds. I could get all poetic ;-)

I have been blogging about the whole journey on my Elegant Sufficiency page http://www.elegantsufficiency.org/ and will add that since we'd been to most ports previously, we chose the included excursions. Without exception, every one was super. Not only that, until today, I had no problems with the wifi.

So sad to leave today, then, but it's someone else's turn to have fun.