Ncl ship time vs port time?

cbowls30

Hi

On escape in September stopping Cozumel where we have booked a private excursion departing at 11am, does NCL have a different ship to local time? We were on a Royal Caribbean ship last year in the Caribbean and they had ship time and this was different to local but I've read conflicting reports that some lines change to local? Thanks, we're a bit confused and don't want to miss the excursion or the ship departure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL changes to local time.

Edit: Just to say, before this heads off into a pointless discussion over minute details, that I have read the occasional report of this not happening in some ports for specific reasons, so my answer probably doesn't pass the pedant police. However, for almost all cruises this is the case.

I was on the Escape Western a few weeks ago, and the time went back 1 hour on the first night. When we got to Roatan, we were 1 hour ahead of "local time" and the same for Belize... Costa Maya and Cozumel were the same as ship time, then we set the clocks forward on Thursday night to match local time back in Miami... Also, they would remind you of cases where "ship time" and "local time" were different...

Couple of hints I have picked up from researching this forum since 1st of the year:

• Clock on the room phone is always correct for ship time
  • The reputable private excursion companies/operators are very aware of the ship's time and local time so no worries!

With a ship's excursion, you don't have to worry about time at all. They will tell you when and where to meet, you show up and have fun...that's the only responsibility you have. They will go by SHIP'S time...all the clocks will be set to SHIP'S time. Go when you are supposed to. Very easy!

I think the only time I have ever seen NCL not adjust to local time was at a private island, where it doesn't matter.

We have been on several NCL cruises to Atlantic Canada and the Western Caribbean where no adjustment to local time was made in certain ports.

In the Western Caribbean that can happen because certain countries observe Daylight Saving Time while others do not and depending on the order of the port visits NCL may not change to local time if it means changing the clocks ahead and immediately setting them back on multiple days in a row.