SUMMIT 2018? 1ST Quarter of the year being chartered?

Lois R

Looking through the search feature and at the "new Celebrity Website"......it seems there are only 2 SUMMIT cruises from

Jan---April that are open to the public........is that correct?:eek:....1 sailing in January and 1 in April......nothing else for

us "regular folks".......Jan, Feb and March (and even part of April)....she is being chartered for almost 12 weeks?:eek:

I am researching a cruise for my 60th birthday and always loved SUMMIT.....guess she is no longer in the running.

I know Summit has been chartered over the years but I don't recall the entire quarter being gone..........oh well.

Looking through the search feature and at the "new Celebrity Website"......it seems there are only 2 SUMMIT cruises from

Jan---April that are open to the public........is that correct?:eek:....1 sailing in January and 1 in April......nothing else for

us "regular folks".......Jan, Feb and March (and even part of April)....she is being chartered for almost 12 weeks?:eek:

I am researching a cruise for my 60th birthday and always loved SUMMIT.....guess she is no longer in the running.

I know Summit has been chartered over the years but I don't recall the entire quarter being gone..........oh well.

Can't be right Lois, has to be your 50th.

Jeanne and I are looking at the end of June sailing that goes north and does Boston overnight on the 4th of July.

Hi Don,:)...thanks;).........60.....where has the time gone?

Hope you and Jeanne have a wonderful cruise:D I am going to Europe in August.......first time on a "luxury line".......trying

Silversea..........sailing from Barcelona to Rome.

Hi! There's one more, the one we're on for our first ever cruise. :) Feb. 17, 2018. 7 Night West Caribbean: Ft. Lauderdale, Nassau, Punta Cana & St. Thomas.

Hi! There's one more, the one we're on for our first ever cruise. :) Feb. 17, 2018. 7 Night West Caribbean: Ft. Lauderdale, Nassau, Punta Cana & St. Thomas.

Enjoy your cruise:)....I am not looking to go on a charter.

• 3 weeks later...

I know the 80's cruise is the week of March 17th because I really wanted to go, but it coincides with my ds's spring break.

I saw a commercial for a 70's cruise the first week of March also on Summit. So yes, there are a lot of charters on her the beginning of the year.

Hi Lois -- I can confirm that Feb. 10-17 and Mar. 10-17 are Smooth Jazz Charters. That same company may have Summit chartered for other music cruises. I just know about the two SJC's, as we are booked on the second one. No word yet about the winter/spring dates in 2019, yet.

Hi Suzanne....I gave up looking. Will find something else for the BIG BIRTHDAY:)

Stargirl, thanks......I am not interested in a 4 nighter and I cannot sail at the end of the month due to work.

I will continue to do my research and will book another cruise....as much as I have always loved SUMMIT, I will find something else.

Edited by Lois R

The Summit has 7-day public cruises on 1/6/2018 and 1/13/2018 from San Juan. The Celebrity web site is only showing the 1/6/2018 cruise. Perhaps 1/13/2018 is sold out. Also, there is a repositioning cruise from San Juan to Ft. Lauderdale on 1/20/2018 to get the Summit to Ft. Lauderdale for the charter season. In addition, there is a public 7-day Summit cruise from Ft. Lauderdale on 2/17/2018. Otherwise, Summit appears to be chartered until mid-April except for several 2 and 4 day cruises in March. We are on the 1/6 and 1/13 cruises from San Juan - hope to see you!

Hi Don,:)...thanks;).........60.....where has the time gone?

Hope you and Jeanne have a wonderful cruise:D I am going to Europe in August.......first time on a "luxury line".......trying

Silversea..........sailing from Barcelona to Rome.[/quote

NICE !!! Enjoy

Just got an e-mail today from the charter company that does Smooth Jazz Cruises. It looks like they are going to be chartering Infinity (instead of Summit) for next year's two SJC's. Dates tentatively released are: 2/2/19-2/9/19, and 2/23/19-3/2/19. The company will be releasing more details, next month.