Amsterdam Celebrity City Stay package help please!

ebs0303

I am booked on the July 30 sailing from Amsterdam and signed up for the pre-cruise City Stay package. Seemed like the easiest and efficient way (though maybe not the most economical) to take in Amsterdam prior to our cruise. Day one is on our own, Day 2 with an AM & afternoon tour (looks like outside the city), and Day 3 with an afternoon/evening tour with meal.

My issue is Ive been trying to get from Celebrity a more detailed itinerary - I dont want to duplicate things on our own that we might do with the tour, and I wanted to get more specific times so I could plan tours, etc. Ie, I booked tix to the Anne Frank House @ 845 on the Day 3, but want to know what time they meet in the afternoon, as we might want to take a food tour that starts @ 1030am. However, Celebrity cant/wont give me this information - they say Ill get it when we check into the hotel. Well, that prevents me from really planning out our free time and Im not pleased about the lack of information Im getting from Celebrity.

Anyone go on the Amsterdam City Stay that can give me a better, more detailed itinerary???!

Thx!

I don't know if this will help as I don't know about the Amsterdam city stay tour with Celebrity. We got off a river cruise in Amsterdam about 10 days ago. While we were on a canal cruise there (this is a great thing to do in Amsterdam) we observed the line-up for Anne Frank House. it was down the block and around the corner. Some said 3 hours! I would stick with the tickets you have as you might not be able to change the time when you get to your hotel. As I understand it, you are doing Anne Frank House on your own? Could you do the Food tour on another day?

Quite apart from the tours, WATCH OUT FOR THE BICYCLES! THEY STOP FOR NOTHING AND NO ONE!

Enjoy your cruise.

I planned the Anne Frank house early in the AM on Day 3, since I know that day doesnt start (on the City Stay plan) til after lunch. But the food tour Im thinking goes til 1230 - Im pretty sure this would be before the Day tour starts - since it starts in the afternoon and lunch is on our own that day - but I cant get anyone to actually confirm that with me. Frustrating!

However, Celebrity cant/wont give me this information - they say Ill get it when we check into the hotel. Well, that prevents me from really planning out our free time and Im not pleased about the lack of information I'm getting from Celebrity.

Have you spoken with just one Celebrity rep? If so, call back and speak with another one.

Have you spoken with more than one Celebrity rep? If so, call back and ask for a supervisor.

Since you are on your own the first morning check out the hop on hop off canal boats. We found it a great way to get a quick overview of the city by riding the entire loop and then picking where we wanted to hop on and hop off later. Keep your Anne Frank tickets, it is well worth seeing and having advance tickets is a huge time saver. Celebrity's tours? no clue on that one but I like caribill's advice.