I hate to point out the obvious: Travel =P
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Let me try a few before I decide

Recent Profile Visitors

2,573 profile views

ilikeanswers's Achievements

5,000+ Club

5,000+ Club (9/20)

1. It actually has been running for a few weeks now. It is quite interesting as it goes through the history of how cruising has evolved. Unfortunately the S1 episodes have expired but you can still catch up on S2 episodes: Secrets of the Lost Liners catch up
  2. On that list I have done Aranui around the Marquesas, it is an interesting and unique cruise and more affordable than most expedition style cruises. I noticed they have expanded their itineraries, would love to do their Austral cruise.
  3. Is that considered a big ship? I assumed that was medium. When I think big I'm thinking over 4000 pax. I guess that is another issue with the question what constitutes a "big" ship😂.
  4. You must have found one of the few hold outs😂. I love an expedition cruise but I am finding myself increasingly priced out as they keep adding more luxury items. I get it cruising demographics change but I couldn't help putting a tease at the change😜. I don't know these new mega ships are really restricted in how many ports they can stop at and despite this the demand for them is only growing so I guess to me that does suggest that destination isn't really important to those customers because otherwise they would chose a ship that can stop at a more variety of destinations🤷‍♀️.
  5. Four years ago I was part of a test group that looked into three digital versions of the incoming passenger card. I have to say the ones we tested did make it easier to understand our quarantine rules on the the other hand you would need a phone or computer to fill it because it is meant to be done before you board your flight.
  6. I ended up tagging behind a walking tour for a bit in Tallinn just because they were taking up the whole street and they were stopping at all the places I wanted to take a photo. While I was waiting for the crowd to pass so I could take my photo I ended inevitably listening in. Once we got to a square I finally was able to break free from the group and raced ahead straight into another walking tour group😂.
  7. I feel like this is a apple and orange comparison because to me big and small ships serve two different purposes. Big ships are for those who want that resort/theme park experience. That is why it does not matter if they are so big they can't fit in most ports since destinations mean little to those customers. Small ships are for those who have at least some interest in the destinations and want to spend some time off the ship so they don't need as many facilities as a big ship needs to keep everyone entertained While the really small so called expedition ships are for those who think they are adventurous but still want champagne and caviar for dinner while having a personal butler to service their room😜.
  8. If you need further help navigating this site check out the help board: Need Help Using The Forum Check Here There are lots of "how to" threads if you find yourself stuck on anything else.
  9. A lot of those guides are doing it as a side hustle for extra money or even out of enjoyment. It is rarely their primary income. Also they price their services to make a profit. You make it sound like they underpricing their tours to make up in tips.
  10. Coffee Creamer does not deserve to be in the category of food🤢.
  11. Even if Australian cruising is booming it isn't going to be the same numbers as a booming North America. Our industry is tiny in global figures.
  12. I wonder if the trend towards mega ships is part of the issue. I remember an article this year someone from Carnival saying something about smaller ships not being profitable enough and that they don't attract new cruisers so they don't see a reason to invest in them 🤔.