• Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Royal Caribbean, Celebrity
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Cozumel

Recent Profile Visitors

3,706 profile views

mac_tlc's Achievements

1. You left out my favorite…. French onion soup ! mac_tlc
  2. Certainly not a scientific sampling, but I have seen prices on many Ascent sailings in spring 2025 drop from prior levels, especially Sky Suites. Rarely less than $500 pppd, many are now around $420 pppd. I enjoy hunting for a bargain, my strike price is $400pppd. You can get a Prime Veranda, no perks, on Equinox TA next spring for just over $100pppd. mac_tlc
  3. We can certainly agree with your description of Flam. It was one of our highlights too! And the waterfalls were really running last June! The scenery from the train was also wonderful. How can this be real….
  4. Looking forward to your thoughts and observations. We will be on the Edge 8/16 for our second trip to Alaska -- but the first was 18 years ago! No suite for us this time , just a lowly sunset veranda...... I'll miss my Bourbon and Peaches in Luminae 😔. mac_tlc
  5. The short ribs is one of our favorite Luminae dishes of the entire week. That --- and a Bourbon and Peaches -- and I'm all set.
  6. Ohhhhhh….Dang! We are on 8/16!!!! Bummer we will miss you and Mr_Tiki!!! About that 4/4/2026 Silhouette to the ABC islands…🤔🤔 mac_tlc
  7. We are in a similar position, I think. E+ on Celebrity and have our first O cruise booked for November 2025, a TA on Vista. We enjoy the entertainment on X so have similar concerns with O. But, we will never know if we don’t try it. We haven’t discarded X, just a little more selective. Prices have jumped a lot on Retreat so we bargain hunt. Found a decent deal in November 2024, January 2026 and April 2026, all under $400pppd for Retreat. Trying HAL and O in 2025. Also searching SS and Viking to try them out too, although SS prices have jumped a lot in the past couple months so they have moved off the front burner for us. We are looking forward to trying something different. mac_tlc
  8. Looking forward to following along. We will be on Edge in August in Alaska. mac_tlc
  9. It truly was a trip of a lifetime. We all talk about it often and would love to go back. We had a 2:10PM flight from Amsterdam to Reykjavik, then on to Newark. We used Royal transfers from the cruise terminal. Normally we would use a third party, but with four of us + 6 bags plus two backpacks + a wheelchair, we wanted to play it safe. Left terminal around 8:30 and actually got to the airport about 10 or so --- too early to check our bags, which is three hours before departure. Checked in at 11:10 and Security was no problem and we were at the gate with about 90 minutes to spare. Schiphol is huge with a lot of shops etc before security. I would plan on arriving early so there is no stress. We actually had time to go to one of the grocery stores in the airport -- had to get some Dutch Gouda for home !!! You never know about crowds, traffic, security, etc. I am not one to try to get the earliest possible flight, I'd rather get a slightly later flight and lower the stress level. Have a wonderful time -- I hope the weather cooperates !!! mac_tlc
  10. That would be great! The 4/9/2023 Beyond had us, @GenerationX. @Mrs_Tiki. @Silkroad, @KKB, and @Irishredhead21. Let's get the group together in 2026!!! mac_tlc
  11. I have only two words: Pancakes Amsterdam
  12. @Stem2stern, On my 4/9/2023 Beyond cruise, I chimed in on a thread started by @GenerationX. That one was fun….. Two other Edge cruises were in 2021 and affected by Covid protocols, although sailing on a 1/3 full ship was glorious. mac_tlc
  13. Here is the Apex from way back in January 2022: mac_tlc
  14. Here is the Beyond January 29, 2023 sailing: mac_tlc
  15. I can do that… This is for the 1/21/2024 Ascent sailing: mac_tlc