New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Here's the additional information. I hope this is helpful :

===================================================

Captain’s Club Triple Play: get three big offers for a summer vacation in Europe.

We have an exciting—and exclusive—first time offer for our valued Captain’s Club members; we call it our Captain’s Club Triple Play. Simply book a Europe summer vacation—sailing from June to August of this year—and you’ll receive three big offers: Free Beverage Packages, Free Gratuities, and up to $300 to spend on board.

But hurry, this is a limited time offer. So, book your Celebrity Cruises summer Europe vacation by February 18, 2013, and start planning a vacation that will transport you far from the ordinary with three exciting and valuable offers.

Offers

Free Beverage Package

Receive Classic Beverage Packages for two,

including spirits, valued at $88* per day, with beverage gratuities covered by us—a 12-night sailing has a total value of more than $1,056.

Free Gratuities

Receive pre-paid gratuities for two, value of up to $30* per day

Onboard Credit

Receive $100* for 3- to 5-night sailings

Receive $200* for 6- to 9-night sailings

Receive $300* for 10-night or more sailings

50% reduced rates for additional guests on Europe sailings June – August 2013

for a savings of up to $500* per person

Plus, enjoy 50% reduced deposits*

============================================== ===============

Here's the terms & conditions as of 1/23/13, which is always subject to change :

Sidenote : I've noticed an item in the fine print which needs clarification, so I'm guessing the following might be updated.

To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Jan. 7-Feb. 18, 2013 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding Celebrity Xpedition cruises, that departs between Feb. 2013 – Apr 2014. Offer excludes Feb. 2013 sailings booked on or after Jan. 28, 2013, and all Celebrity Xpedition sailings. Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Extended Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings." Qualifying Bookings for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options (all other Qualifying Bookings may choose any one of these options): Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, or Onboard Credit. Limit of one Offer per stateroom. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by Jan 27, 2013 for Feb. 2013 sailings, or by Feb. 18, 2013 for all other sailings. All Guests in stateroom must select the same option.

50% Reduced Deposit Offer applies to new individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposits begin Jan 17, 2013. Reduced deposit is not applicable to groups. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb 18, 2013, unless sailing is within final payment period. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount.

Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, and teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Terms of Celebrity’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Guest must provide date of birth by Jan. 27, 2013 for Feb. 2013 sailings, or by Feb. 18, 2013 for all other sailings. Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities (amounts based on gratuity guidelines). Onboard Credit is per stateroom and amount based on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking. Captain’s Club members are eligible to receive each of the three Offer options. Loyalty offer applies to new individual and non-contracted group bookings named and deposited Jan. 23 – Feb. 18, 2013, for Europe Jun. – Aug. 2013 sailings only. Unless stated otherwise, all other terms of the Offer apply. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book onboard without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Feb. 28, 2013. To redeem offer contact your Travel professional, or Celebrity Cruises at 1-866-212-2702. For information on this offer visit Celebritycruises.com All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled. Offer not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offer based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer. Refer to Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Travel partners can request the offers by visiting www.cruisingpower.com and selecting the coupon redemption tool available from the booking tools global navigation (booking tools>coupon redemption) and choose the offer(s) from the drop down menu. ©2013 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships registered in Malta and Ecuador. 13032581 • 1/2013

Edited by Host Andy

I hope it would, I got two out of three when I booked our Norway tour for June 24th, but the third would be nice. If anyone finds out they let it be retroactive let me know

Hi Johnny,

I've asked - stay tuned !

Ummm, what is Captains Club?, is that the same as Elite?

Also, I am not a drinker and I am reading that most non drinkers are still going for the beverage package, am I missing something? Wouldn't on board credit and gratuities be worth more:confused:

Ummm, what is Captains Club?, is that the same as Elite?

Also, I am not a drinker and I am reading that most non drinkers are still going for the beverage package, am I missing something? Wouldn't on board credit and gratuities be worth more:confused:

If you are Elite, you should be in Captains Club, it's just the means they track your sailings/credits with

But it does include soda, specialty coffee, bottled water, as well, so even if it saves me the price of the soda package, if can get it included at no charge figured would give it a shot.

Obviously the big savings are when you drink beer and liquor, can save you $15-25/day based on a few a day, but even with soda/coffee/water it could probably save half that

Edited by johhnnyt

You can be a member of the CC after just one cruise.

For us - non-drinkers to the extent that we do not over induldge - we thought it would be fun to try the package and not have to penny pinch. It's free!

I got another email from my TA explaining the conditions of the new promo as the conditions came after the announcment to her by her rep. She appologized. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

Hi Everyone,

I've received several answers to our questions, and I've added some new questions. I'm posting them all in 1 lot, as my Day is jammed, and we are preparing for our Constellation sailing on Saturday.

Thank You to Celebrity for the replies. Here's the questions.

Q: I've noticed several comments asking if Celebrity would consider allowing Guests to "downgrade" to the Premium non-alcoholic Package. However, as this package costs $18.00 pp per day, as opposed to the $44.00 pp per day for the current beverage package offered, it would make many guests happy.

A: Due to system limitations we are unable to "downgrade" a guest to a non-alcoholic package. However, within either the Classic or Premium Packages the guest still has access to complimentary bottled water, smoothies, frappes and non-alcoholic frozen drinks. The difference between the Classic and Premium Packages when it comes to non-alcoholic beverages is Pellegrino, Evian and Red Bull are included in the Premium Package.

Here are the Classic Package inclusions: all fountain and canned soda, juices, premium teas and coffee, specialty coffees, smoothies and non premium bottled water. Includes beers priced up to $5. Includes wines by the glass, cocktails, frozen drinks and spirits priced up to $8.

In summary, technically we cannot "downgrade," however, the guest will still have unlimited access to non-alcoholic beverages with the choice of either package.

===========

Q : If a Guest selects 123 Go with the beverage package, and the premium upgrade... and then wishes to purchase a $14.00 beverage, would they be permitted to pay the difference ? In this case, I believe the limit is $12.00 per drink. Would they would be allowed to pay a $2.00 surcharge ?

While I'm asking, if a Guest elects the standard beverage package, and wishes to purchase an alcoholic drink higher than $8.00, would they be allowed to pay the difference ?

A: In answer to both questions above, happy to say the answer is yes, we would allow the guest to pay the difference. As a matter of fact we are permitting this onboard today.

=========

Q: A Guest has the 123 promotion. 3 months from now, the price goes down. Would they get the price drop and keep the package ? Must the old and new rates be FIVE STAR for this to work ? Or, would they not be able to obtain the price drop without losing the package ?

A: They lose the offer unless the lower rate is still five star or a group rate.

============

Q: What if a Guest pays 1599 pp with the package. 3 months from now, a higher category cabin price drops to $1699 pp. Could they upgrade to the higher category, pay $100 pp price difference, and keep the package ? Must the new rate be FIVE STAR for this to work ? Or, would they lose the promotion if they upgrade ?

A: It still has to be a five star or group rate.

Edited by Host Andy

I am starting to feel more comfortable that the classic package offered in the promo is going to cover my needs. Thanks again Andy, for doing your best to clarify things for us, it is very much appreciated!:)

Edited by wednesday

Here are the Classic Package inclusions: all fountain and canned soda, juices, premium teas and coffee, specialty coffees, smoothies and non premium bottled water. Includes beers priced up to $5. Includes wines by the glass, cocktails, frozen drinks and spirits priced up to $8.

Andy you are the best!!!

so happy CC told me about the 123 deal and I got my TA to switch us. I have a better room, free bev package all for only 400 more dollars bw hubby and I. nice.

thanks CC!!!!!!!

What about me Andy and the non-drinker question? Also what is five star?:confused:

Hi Zales,

I'm sorry I missed your question. My eyes are killing me from being at the PC Non-Stop since 6:30 am LOL

I'm not sure if there's a definitive answer to your non-drinker question. It's totally subjective. There are MANY wonderful offerings in the beverage package, and it includes many items in venues like Cafe Al Bacio, smoothies and more. I'm a non-drinker myself, but I'd probably opt for the beverage package. It seems to offer the most bang for the buck - so to speak. Then again, if you are on a 10+ sailing, you have the option of choosing a $300 OBC, and that's very generous as well ! If you ask me, it's a huge "win-win" for the consumer.

As for Five Star Rate - I've never received an exact definition of it, but my take on it, is that it's a Standard Rate, as opposed to a Special Rate, such as a Senior or Resident Rate etc. When making your booking, just make sure you explain that you desire the 123 GO offer, and your TA or Celebrity agent will know what to do.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

I have book a transatlantic jan 8, using my open futures passage

Sihouette Aqu class

$999, I got $300 obc + $150 obc from the travel agent

Under promo restriction , it not applicable and five star

My travel agent say I can get the classic package unless I pay $2200 for Aquclass

But since it indicates I am 5 star could I get the classic package and keep my price of $999, but loss the obc

:confused:

Hi Everyone,

FYI, Celebrity has updated the 123 GO FAQ : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876 . This includes several questions posted on this thread, so I'm posting their reply. Our thanks to the wonderful folks at Celebrity for the updates.

==============================================

123, Go! Offer updates

We've updated our FAQ to provide more answers for you and the promotion is extended through 2/18.

Will Guests be able to upgrade to the premium package after the promotion ends ?

Yes, they can upgrade when they arrive on board, or any time during the cruise.

Will Guests be able to upgrade to the premium package onboard the ship ?

yes

If Guests can upgrade to premium when onboard, will only 1 Guest be allowed to upgrade ? Must both Guests upgrade to premium if they do so onboard ?

Yes both must updgrade

If the price drops before final payment, will Guests be eligible for the reduction, while retaining their 123 GO selection ?

Guests can maintain the offer if they keep any Five star or Group x rates, however, if they convert to another price program such as a senior or resident rate they will lose the offer.

I just booked a 2014 cruise and took advantage of the "free" classic drink package. How long before it will show up in my reservation with Celebrity?

Hi Rid891,

It should appear on your booking within 10 days. I hope this helps !

I just booked a 2014 cruise and took advantage of the "free" classic drink package. How long before it will show up in my reservation with Celebrity?

For what it's worth I booked a cruise on Jan 7 directly through Celebrity and the drink package is still not showing up on my reservation.

For what it's worth I booked a cruise on Jan 7 directly through Celebrity and the drink package is still not showing up on my reservation.

Hi Kookforkatz,

I suggest calling your TA (or Celebrity if you booked direct) and give them a gentle reminder :). Have you requested a copy of your booking confirmation ? Hopefully, it will appear on there.

Hi Andy, Thank You so much, I understand that you are very busy here on Cruise Critic:D I also want to Thank You for posting about getting all three of the 123go, I was able to get that tonight:cool:

Also, in your personal opinion, I think my sailing will drop significantly after final payment with this great deal do you think it would be worth the risk to lose the 123 for the price drop:confused: It is Norway or Eastern Med and the ship Infinity and Reflection both are not even 3/4 sold for late June and early July.

Hi Andy, Thank You so much, I understand that you are very busy here on Cruise Critic:D I also want to Thank You for posting about getting all three of the 123go, I was able to get that tonight:cool:

Also, in your personal opinion, I think my sailing will drop significantly after final payment with this great deal do you think it would be worth the risk to lose the 123 for the price drop:confused: It is Norway or Eastern Med and the ship Infinity and Reflection both are not even 3/4 sold for late June and early July.

You were already booked with the 1-2-3 package, right? Did they act like it was a big deal to add the 3rd option? My TA is calling tomorrow to take care of mine.

Hi Wednesday, love your screen name, how did you come up with it:p Yes, I was booked with the 123 already, I just happened to upgrade today and they said that was the only reason why they were giving it to me. I was ready to fight tooth and nail and call back several times to talk to different agents had they said no.

Hi Wednesday, love your screen name, how did you come up with it:p Yes, I was booked with the 123 already, I just happened to upgrade today and they said that was the only reason why they were giving it to me. I was ready to fight tooth and nail and call back several times to talk to different agents had they said no.

My name is Wendy and I have a cousin who used to jokingly call me Wednesday:p

:( I hope my TA can convince them to give it to me, sounds pretty difficult. Thanks!

Edited by wednesday
clarify that my cousin is still among the living