Elite

doublemm16

While for most of you this is probably not a big deal, but currently I have a lot going on at home and this morning when I logged into the My Celebrity site, there is was....Elite! It brought a huge smile to my face. And while I have enjoyed all of my Celebrity cruises regardless of status, this just made me feel good this morning!! :D

Looking forward to these benefits and my first time in a suite on my upcoming cruise on the Summit!

We don't cruise for the perks but having said that, it *is* nice to have all that free internet (for my husband who couldn't cruise if he couldn't stay in touch with his business) and the free laundry. A few drinks have been great too, in the evenings. We've never in all this time had a drinks package but this time not only do we have one, we have a crazy amount of OBC so we're upgrading. Guess we can still enjoy the happy hour but just order what we want?

Anyway, congratulations and I do hope you enjoy your elite perks. To some they're meh but let me tell you that laundry deal is great!!

We don't cruise for the perks but having said that, it *is* nice to have all that free internet (for my husband who couldn't cruise if he couldn't stay in touch with his business) and the free laundry. A few drinks have been great too, in the evenings. We've never in all this time had a drinks package but this time not only do we have one, we have a crazy amount of OBC so we're upgrading. Guess we can still enjoy the happy hour but just order what we want?

Anyway, congratulations and I do hope you enjoy your elite perks. To some they're meh but let me tell you that laundry deal is great!!

The laundry is the part I like most. The rest I really do not think will impact my cruise experience too much. We just paid $45 for a laundry special on the Equinox, and I did my best to jam at least $100 worth of clothes into that paper bag. lol :D

You will find that you life has really changed and will never be the same again. :rolleyes: Please take the following as all in fun and enjoy your new status as the perks are really nice.

Being Elite now means more worries and responsiblities.

You can now proudly wear your sea card on a lanyard and expect to get special treatment if anyone can see the fine print "Elite." ;)

You can now announce on every post that you are Elite. :cool:

Will they have vouchers or open bar in the Elite lounge

Where will the Elite lounge be?

Will the morning coffee break be served buffet style or small plates?

Who is the host?

Will others traveling with us be able to share our perks and join us at our functions?

If I have the drink pack what should I do with the the vouchers, can I use them to buy others drinks and can I share my vouchers?

Will I have to TIP to get drinks in the lounge?

Should I leave a TIP at the breakfast?

How many more cruises to become Elite PLus?

Will I ever get to Zenith?

happy cruising 🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

I am also going to be Elite on my next cruise, but historically I usually find myself looking forward to the cruise more than how the benefits will improve my cruise. I'm sure they can (and will) have a positive impact, but I will appreciate it from an "unexpected" point of view. ;)

I am also going to be Elite on my next cruise, but historically I usually find myself looking forward to the cruise more than how the benefits will improve my cruise. I'm sure they can (and will) have a positive impact, but I will appreciate it from an "unexpected" point of view. ;)

Us too, our next cruise in 2 weeks will be our 6th on celebrity and to be honest the main thing for me will be the Internet as I do normally buy a package to get me through so that will be a nice saving...

As for the free drinks we have the drinks package anyway so I doubt we will use that perk as I doubt we would want to be stuck up in the sky lounge for a couple of hours anyway... We'd rather be at the martini bar or the new bar in place of the molecular bar...

Might have to give the elite tea a go though! 😋

I really hate to say this but those free bags of laundry really stop me from showing up the family by pegging out our clothes on the veranda..... seriously though the elite perks are well worth having. We really enjoyed our elite breakfast service on the Equinox recently even though Luminae was up and running for suite guests.

Congratulations on getting elite! It is a fun thing to see on your online account!

To us the benefits of elite/diamond(RCI) are very nice. As far as elite, the laundry, internet (even though it is slow), the happy hours with nibbles and nice company, the breakfast (on Solstice in the Tuscan Grill - beautiful location!), the booking discount (category upgrade) are all very much keeping us from going to another cruise company.

People get bent and twisted about people with loyalty levels expecting special treatment. As far as we can see, we have been treated as special from our first trip, and I get a bit sick of the carry on about people that reach a loyalty level thinking they are better. The people we mix with just appreciate the extras. I just don't understand the snarky comments about a word on your seapass or a diamond badge. We pay for our cruises and we earn some loyalty benefits, and we enjoy having those benefits. It is really quite simple.

Someone is happy, so if you can't say something positive....

Edited by goodycruising