Blue lagoon island deluxe beach break

My family and I are sailing on Harmony of the Seas in July. has anyone done the BLUE LAGOON ISLAND DELUXE BEACH BREAK excursion? How was it, is it worth it? Can it be done on our own and not through the cruise line?

We have done the Blue Lagoon Deluxe Beach Break twice, and are booked for the third time on our June cruise. It is a very nice excursion to do with kids. The water is clear and calm (kid-friendly). Our kids LOVE the water bouncy-trampoline park (an additional $15 per person for whoever wants to do it). The water bouncy-trampolines are also very close to shore (unlike Playa Mia in Cozumel or some others where you have to swim a long way out). Lunch is included (very basic burger, hot dog or chicken). They do have a cash bar with pretty good drinks. Adults can relax, float on the calm water. Nice sand. They have multiple return times on the hour (they will let you know when the last ferry for your ship is). You can do it yourself however you will have to take a cab to the ferry dock (can only get on the Blue Lagoon ferry right at the cruise dock if on a ship's excursion). You will however be able to take the return ferry back to the cruise dock. When we looked at it, wasn't much of a savings when taking into account the additional cab fare. Our ship's excursion has a 8:30 leaving time (our other ship's excursion had a 10 AM leaving time), so no benefit doing it on our own to get there earlier. We purchased the June excursion during one of their "25% off sales" so got a really good deal. Highly recommend.

We have done the Blue Lagoon Deluxe Beach Break twice, and are booked for the third time on our June cruise. It is a very nice excursion to do with kids. The water is clear and calm (kid-friendly). Our kids LOVE the water bouncy-trampoline park (an additional $15 per person for whoever wants to do it). The water bouncy-trampolines are also very close to shore (unlike Playa Mia in Cozumel or some others where you have to swim a long way out). Lunch is included (very basic burger, hot dog or chicken). They do have a cash bar with pretty good drinks. Adults can relax, float on the calm water. Nice sand. They have multiple return times on the hour (they will let you know when the last ferry for your ship is). You can do it yourself however you will have to take a cab to the ferry dock (can only get on the Blue Lagoon ferry right at the cruise dock if on a ship's excursion). You will however be able to take the return ferry back to the cruise dock. When we looked at it, wasn't much of a savings when taking into account the additional cab fare. Our ship's excursion has a 8:30 leaving time (our other ship's excursion had a 10 AM leaving time), so no benefit doing it on our own to get there earlier. We purchased the June excursion during one of their "25% off sales" so got a really good deal. Highly recommend.

Do you happen to know if there was a separate area on the island for the excursion called "VIP Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day"?

Thank you :)

We have done it twice, the first we loved it...the second was last year and it will be the last time we go. It seems to have gone downhill and wasn't worth the price we paid. I think it was last years hurricane season...half the beach was washed away. It felt more like a sandbar rather than a lagoon.

Anyway, that's just our opinion...I really loved it the first time and so wanted to love it the second visit but things change.

Do you happen to know if there was a separate area on the island for the excursion called "VIP Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day"?

We have never done/gone over to the VIP side as it is adults only. It is on a separate/other side of the island (I believe closer to the ocean-side vs. the lagoon side). We really like the lagoon side because the water is very calm, the sand is soft, and the beach bar/music is right there. Of course, also a lot of kids.

We were there last June and it still looked nice.

We have never done/gone over to the VIP side as it is adults only. It is on a separate/other side of the island (I believe closer to the ocean-side vs. the lagoon side). We really like the lagoon side because the water is very calm, the sand is soft, and the beach bar/music is right there. Of course, also a lot of kids.

We were there last June and it still looked nice.

We just did this excursion off the Allure a few weeks ago (3/10 to be exact). There where changes made during the week to our ports which brought us to Nassau on Saturday rather than Monday as planned. The excursion time was 1:30, and there were at least 4 other ships in port with us. There were a bazillion passengers going in all directions to take one excursion or another, it was chaos. Anyways, by the time everyone was lined up, wristbands on, follow the leader to the ferries, 20ish minute ride to Blue Lagoon it was already 3:00pm. We paid $40 for a clam shell (came with 2 towels to keep, 2 drink tickets, 3 chairs) mostly because at quick glance there weren't any or many loungers available. A quick dip in the water and off to lunch where it was a buffet but a one visit only buffet and you get one sandwich of a burger, hot dog, chicken, then sides, and a drink. The water was very calm, clear, and shallow. The sand was clean and most of the staff we encountered were friendly. But the place closed promptly at 5:30. I mean like store closed, bar closed, staff all but disappeared. The last ferry this day was 5:45 and the lines were intense to get off (no you won't get left behind-it's a private island resort- no one lives there-at least accroding to Al the bartender).

Long story short our experience there was super rushed, but it became the high light of our trip (because other ports were cancelled/changed). I would go again to see more for sure. We got it during a 30% off sale. I don't think it's worth the full price which is $95 if I remember correctly.

For the question about the VIP section. The VIP section we saw was right where the ferry lets off at the end of the dock. Unless there is another on it isn't very private, just has it's own bar and beach area. I have a picture ill try to find it and post it.

For the question about the VIP section. The VIP section we saw was right where the ferry lets off at the end of the dock. Unless there is another on it isn't very private, just has it's own bar and beach area. I have a picture ill try to find it and post it.

If you can find and post a picture, that would be great :) I went ahead and booked the VIP Blue Lagoon anyway. The meeting time is at 8:30 am, even though there will be 6 ships in port that day, 2 ships will arrive in Nassau at 9 am, I'm thinking there'll be less people (for a while) on the island when we arrive.

Update on my post above. I just re-checked tripadvisor reviews and Blue Lagoon no longer has the water bounce park! I just emailed them to see if/when they are planning on putting back the water bounce park. This will be a deal-breaker for us.

Update on my post above. I just re-checked tripadvisor reviews and Blue Lagoon no longer has the water bounce park! I just emailed them to see if/when they are planning on putting back the water bounce park. This will be a deal-breaker for us.

You may like Pearl Island. We've done Pearl Island quite a few times and enjoyed it each time. Would have done it again in a few weeks, but the excursion time left much later than I wanted. Don't know how old your children are but on Pearl Island they can use (all complimentary) kayaks, stand up paddle boards, 2 huge floating mats, play volleyball in the sand and a lighthouse you can climb with great views. Plenty of lounge chairs, some in the sun, some in the shade.

Beach was small, food was good and plentiful which included, BBQ chicken, fish, coleslaw, rice and beans, complimentary punch, very friendly staff along with the water taxi crew that took us over to the Island. Everyone was given one complimentary drink (rum punch or non alcoholic drink) also a 5X7 photo of themselves, taken when you arrive on the Island.

There's also a separate excursion to Pearl Island that includes snorkeling which is done on the other side of the Island.

I would definitely go back to Pearl Island at a later date.

I posted some photos a while ago in the Nassau thread, copy and paste the link below.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2548890

I have the pictures but I can't seem to upload them. Keep getting error message saying a security token is missing. What the heck does that mean. I've tried on 2 computers and my cell phone.

If you are trying to upload photos with the Cruise Critic app, that function has been disabled. However, Tapatalk still allows photos upload from your phone.

If you are trying to upload photos with the Cruise Critic app, that function has been disabled. However, Tapatalk still allows photos upload from your phone.
Thank you Bob! I can't say I'm a fan of having to use an app to do pictures but meh, it is what it is.

Anyways, Life is Good Cruising, here are the pics I have. The first is of the VIP loungers-they look comfy. The second shows the map of the property which you can see the Princess VIP section is right at the end of the ferry dock. And the last one is of the Blue Lagoon sign but off to the left is the VIP bar area. I don't think you can go wrong no matter what section you end up at. It's a nice way to spend the day.

IMG_3730.JPG.079bdb44035ac25a9e72a16c55757450.JPG

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

IMG_3804.JPG.b4e4d7a903cdcab4955af1b8b5c9ea06.JPG

IMG_3731.JPG.6b093262caaf9b3aae8872b03001c156.JPG

Anyways, Life is Good Cruising, here are the pics I have. The first is of the VIP loungers-they look comfy. The second shows the map of the property which you can see the Princess VIP section is right at the end of the ferry dock. And the last one is of the Blue Lagoon sign but off to the left is the VIP bar area. I don't think you can go wrong no matter what section you end up at. It's a nice way to spend the day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you so much, I really appreciate you taking the time to post the pictures, I'm looking forward to enjoying a day on Blue Lagoon in the VIP section :D

• 7 months later...

Hi, all. To those who experienced both, VIP and Deluxe Blue Lagoon trips. What is the difference between the two other then VIP being adults only? On my Cruise Planner VIP is currently $114 and Deluxe $77 ($37 difference, $74 for two people). Cruise Planner is barely functioning for me ( Black Friday?). Thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2018 at 7:44 PM, olya1972 said:

Hi, all. To those who experienced both, VIP and Deluxe Blue Lagoon trips. What is the difference between the two other then VIP being adults only? On my Cruise Planner VIP is currently $114 and Deluxe $77 ($37 difference, $74 for two people). Cruise Planner is barely functioning for me ( Black Friday?). Thank you.

The VIP area has an upgraded lunch, a lot less people, 2 areas for swimming, plenty of umbrellas, beach service for drinks for a fee and unlimited complimentary mimosas.

16 minutes ago, parothead said:

a couple of you mentioned a 25% and 40% discount on this excursion. Where did you get those?

Royal Caribbean runs occasional sales in the Cruise Planner.  Sometimes that includes shore excursions.  Sometimes an excursion you are looking at is included.

• Like 1

Also watch the add-ons.  For example, the stingray encounter/beach has actually been cheaper than the beach only.  We have this one booked at $50pp after a couple of cancel/rebook sales on the Planner.  Dolphin is higher even with the sales.

Blue Lagoon is one of our favorite beach days. It’s large, with calm waters on one side and waves on the other.  It’s beautiful and clean and large enough for lots of people. 

I dnt don’t think the VIP section is needed. I didn’t see anyone in there on our last trip.

034A84E2-481E-4BB3-83D8-929D6767A033.jpeg

11 hours ago, Sotermarler said:

Blue Lagoon is one of our favorite beach days. It’s large, with calm waters on one side and waves on the other.  It’s beautiful and clean and large enough for lots of people. 

I dnt don’t think the VIP section is needed. I didn’t see anyone in there on our last trip.

034A84E2-481E-4BB3-83D8-929D6767A033.jpeg

Thanks for the information as we sail on the 27th January 2019 on the Empress, and visit Nassau on the last day of the cruise. How long is the trip? We would like to have a little shop in the market before we get back to the ship.

Roy 

Edited by Rickshaw, Cabs & Taxis