Alaska 2016

jjmsbu09

Hi Everyone!

Considering an Alaskan cruise next spring for my wife and I. I've had several recommendations for HAL and I've read a few reviews the ships look beautiful. Does anyone know when 2016 itineraries be posted? Thank you in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

March or April, but we know them all mostly already (dates available via the sail schedule linked on HAL's site somewhere).

Amsterdam and Westerdam will sail from Seattle, going to Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka, Victoria and Glacier Bay. They might flip routes and go to Tracy Am too.

Maasdam will be sailing from Seattle on the 14 day cruises all the way to Homer and Anchorage and back.

Nieuw Amsterdam and Volendam will sail round trip from Vancouver, stopping at Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay (and/or Tracy Arm or Hubbard).

Noordam and Zaandam will sail Vanouver to Seward (or reverse).

You might want to consider a trip this year.... low oil prices means no airline fuel surcharges.

Departing from Vancouver, Canada? Everything in Canada is on sale with the depressed currency right now.

March or April, but we know them all mostly already (dates available via the sail schedule linked on HAL's site somewhere).

Amsterdam and Westerdam will sail from Seattle, going to Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka, Victoria and Glacier Bay. They might flip routes and go to Tracy Am too.

Maasdam will be sailing from Seattle on the 14 day cruises all the way to Homer and Anchorage and back.

Nieuw Amsterdam and Volendam will sail round trip from Vancouver, stopping at Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Glacier Bay (and/or Tracy Arm or Hubbard).

It will be great to see the Nieuw Amsterdam in Alaska--finally!

It will be great to see the Nieuw Amsterdam in Alaska--finally!

I agree! We have basically settled on sailing her the Saturday before Memorial Day. Maybe the week prior, we'll see.

We were going to do a one-way but I think we'll instead do one more r/t ailing and then do all land trips out of Anchorage. Stupid work getting in the way ... :)

If you have the time you might want to look into an Alaska cruise that includes a land portion too. We did and it added so much to the experience. They take care of everything for you on the land tour including the transportation, hotels, and your luggage. :)

We did the land part first, flying into Anchorage, and then the cruise from Seward to Vancouver.

Great information.

I had pretty much figured that out as we kept hearing about which ships were going here and there.

Thanks for this. I was curious which ship,was doing the 14 day round trip Seattle. My PCC said she didn't know. We are looking at the 14 day cruise and would like to get it booked.

Thanks for this. I was curious which ship,was doing the 14 day round trip Seattle. My PCC said she didn't know. We are looking at the 14 day cruise and would like to get it booked.

As always, these things can change. Like the 14 day cruise might not be all summer and only offered a few times. The sailing scheduling only goes to the end of May 2016.

As always, these things can change. Like the 14 day cruise might not be all summer and only offered a few times. The sailing scheduling only goes to the end of May 2016.

I wholeheartedly agree. It's why I'm antsy to see the schedule. 2014 was very limited with this itinerary and 2015 had quite a few since 2014 sold so well. The 2016 schedule could very well hinge on how well this 2015 schedule goes.

14 day return? Why not spend a few days in Anchorage?

Since it began, the 14-night Alaska cruise has been a round-trip out of Seattle, with a required stop at the "near" foreign port of Victoria.

Passengers cannot complete the cruise, if it's out of a US port, in Anchorage as it has not stopped at a "distant" foreign port first. That would be a requirement of the PVSA.

If you have the time you might want to look into an Alaska cruise that includes a land portion too. We did and it added so much to the experience. They take care of everything for you on the land tour including the transportation, hotels, and your luggage. :)

We did the land part first, flying into Anchorage, and then the cruise from Seward to Vancouver.

We did the same land/sea tour and it was wonderful. doing the land part first let's you relax on the cruise. Loved it. They handled everything. Great way to do it.

You might want to consider a trip this year.... low oil prices means no airline fuel surcharges.

Departing from Vancouver, Canada? Everything in Canada is on sale with the depressed currency right now.

HAL did not charge fuel surcharge at any point even when the price of oil reached it's peak. They likely are busy buying fuel futures just about now. :)