Balcony Quad Cabin E702 on Regal

Strange Lady

I am looking at Emerald deck #702 on Regal for two of us but notice it is a quad cabin Does anyone know if the the bunks are going to get in the way or are they totally recessed? This is classed as an obstructed balcony but from what I can see there should be no obstruction as it is back of the last of the lifeboats.

I am looking at Emerald deck #702 on Regal for two of us but notice it is a quad cabin Does anyone know if the the bunks are going to get in the way or are they totally recessed? This is classed as an obstructed balcony but from what I can see there should be no obstruction as it is back of the last of the lifeboats.

I think its listed as partially obstructed because of the lifeboats outside the balcony at floor level?

Or some have a berth that drops down near the balcony door, the description will specify this though. ;)

Someone correct me if I am wrong on this. :confused:

We stayed on same on the Royal. The extra beds are totally recessed and it is a fabulous view, no obstructions! The beds down are the obstruction to the balcony - no view obstruction! We loved it! Right by elevators and can walk to stairs for most decks. We had the dining room assigned right below us on deck 6 and we went to Platinum/elite party by walking down one flight each afternoon at five!

• 6 months later...
Thank you for your input. Based on your comments, I think we'll be happy with that cabin choice.

do you mind telling me if there is any obstruction as we are planning to go on the e702 cabin in regal. Or if anyone else have been near or on this particular cabin on the regal then pls advise.

Edited by hack_stael

E702 is on the otherside so i fear there may be minor differences. Are you sure that there are exactly the same both sides?

I was in E711 (over entrance to the Vista Lounge) however those providing input in that other discussion know better than me. Slamming doors going outside on Promenade deck was mentioned & looking at the deck plans E702 and E701 appear to be identical quad cabins. The great photos provided by Dave may also be helpful in that other discussion.

No noise at all when we were on the Royal!

thanks for the input

Im more worried about some sort of obstructed views on the regal however if the ships are indeed identical then i can book it now?

thanks

Edited by hack_stael

thanks for the input

Im more worried about some sort of obstructed views on the regal however if the ships are indeed identical then i can book it now?

thanks

Picture = 1000 Words.

E702 is four cabins aft (to the right) of the marked cabin; it is not the balcony right above the promenade doors -- that's E704.

[photo/annotation credit: dmwnc1959]

13583387684_b912f5fa65_b.jpg

Edited by rdsqrl

Correct! We had nothing in front of us. The deck was below and we saw the white boxes on the deck! We loved the room and view. I would not recommend for 4 people as the pull down bed would block the sliding door. We were told that was the obstruction!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was in E711 (over entrance to the Vista Lounge) however those providing input in that other discussion know better than me. Slamming doors going outside on Promenade deck was mentioned & looking at the deck plans E702 and E701 appear to be identical quad cabins. The great photos provided by Dave may also be helpful in that other discussion.

I have booked E711 a delux balcony. I choose it because it has a sofa. What can you tell me about this cabin. Is there noise from the Vista lounge?

I was in E703 on the Royal and heard nothing from below. Great views out and to the aft. Unobstructed. Only obstruction was looking forward. Only not se I heard was the slamming of the door to the Promenade. Further aft, you wouldn't hear it. For me, the location (and price) was definitely worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
Astro flyer - Also booked E711 next month, any further info on room or noise would be great!

We enjoyed it & only occasionally would hear some music from the Vista Lounge in the evening but nothing that affected our enjoyment. I'll attempt to locate our photos & will post them if I find them (my wife is the "keeper of the photos").

Welcome to Cruise Critic "sunny AZ"! :)

Astro flyer - Also booked E711 next month, any further info on room or noise would be great!

We enjoyed it & only occasionally would hear some music from the Vista Lounge in the evening but nothing that affected our enjoyment. I'll attempt to locate our photos & will post them if I find them (my wife is the "keeper of the photos").

Hopefully this works & you can view these small images taken from E711 and if you click on them you may be able to view a larger image.

• The 1st one is looking forward

• The 2nd one looking aft with the cylinders (emergency rafts?) in the photo on Promenade deck.

• The 3rd photo is looking down from our balcony & to the left of those cylinders where you can see the open Promenade deck although the loungers (teak?) have been put away for the day.

594047829_20141030Cruise(5).jpg.0f4d22dab4e0263ff370fa80de3f1c31.jpg

1212093838_20141029StThomas(9).jpg.fce946d04f83b934d1ae620023a5a2a6.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg.32f95b4a7a942ef02f4b6f5bfab5ba68.jpg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thank you for the pictures astro flyer! Looking forward to our 1st cruise next month!

Have a great 1st cruise but one word of caution...they're very "addicting"! :p

Hopefully like me you'll be able to learn some things on this forum. I find helpful info by using the search function for specific info or when I see a current discussion about something of interest to me. If you can't find an answer, then ask it on a current thread or create a new thread yourself. :)

Buon Viaggio...we're on the Regal the month after you & expect to enjoy it as much as we've enjoyed sailing on the Royal. :D

We researched E702 quite a bit and were convinced it was a good location for our next voyage coming up this week. Glad to see the photos which confirm that the only view obstruction was looking forward. Wouldn't matter if there was some obstruction because we would go anyway. The ship is full....good thing for our Carnival stock.