Extend your stay On Board

Jo42

While perusing the Shore Excursions for my up coming cruise I came across the option to stay onboard on disembarkation day until 90 mins before the ship leaves again. The cost is £30 GBP. Useful if you have a night flight home :)

Here is the info:

An ideal option for guests with later flights, Extend Your Stay gives you ample time to remain on board and unwind until 90 minutes before the ship leaves port. Let us store your luggage while you enjoy amenities such as access to the pool deck, select dining, and spa services. Options for private or group transportation to the airport can also be arranged for an additional fee. Don't end your vacation in a rush. Take your time –grab a bite to eat, relax by the pool, and go home rejuvenated with Celebrity's Extend Your Stay.

Hello,

Yes, the Extend Your Stay program has been around for a couple years, but as stated above, only available on select European sailings...more printed info below:

Extend Your Stay

This optional program allows you to extend your cruise vacation, remain onboard and enjoy some of the ship services up to 90 minutes prior to the ship's next departure. Guests can enjoy breakfast and lunch in the Oceanview Café, access to the pool, fitness center and select public lounges. Options for private or group transportation to the airport can also be arranged for an additional fee. Enroll at the Shore Excursions Desk on Deck 3 onboard. Credit cards accepted all day for bar and spa purchases. Available on select European sailings

BBL

Edited by BourbonNBluesLuvr

When my Equinox cruise returns to Barcelona [i'll have a double overnight there at the start of the cruise and have visited several times in the past] in early October...

At the time that I purchased my airline tickets through ChoiceAir in March, the best flights in terms of getting back to Miami at a reasonable hour--and by far, the best priced flights--were scheduled for very early morning... As I wasn't confident that I could make the outbound flight with ease, I decided to book a hotel near the Barcelona Airport for the evening--using reward points--and to return to The US the next day...

When I contacted the hotel to request an early check-in, they indicated that they would do their best to accommodate me but that the hotel is sold out--largely as a result of a conference--starting two days before and continuing through my stay...

Not relishing the prospect of hanging around the hotel lobby for five/six hours awaiting a room assignment and having previously toured extensively, I was thrilled to find that Celebrity is offering the "Extend Your Stay" option following my sailing... It is a very welcome--and seemingly perfect; I'm always comfortable on a Celebrity ship--solution to the alternatives!

With that in mind, we will be ending our cruise in San Juan and staying at a hotel for three more days. Check-in at the hotel isn't until the afternoon. Can we linger on the ship?

When is check out time?

No, it's selected European sailings only. US and territories are not part of the program. Latest check out probably 9.30am.

Phil

What I read is that you are able to stay one until embarkation - which for us would be 5pm. I did see this in the cruise planner when I originally logged on but I've subsequently nothing regarding this - maybe they limit it? I'm going to look into it further so I'll let you all know if I get further info.

We are on the constellation arriving back in venice on sept 29th. If you book the 'extend your stay' you can stay on board until 90 mins before the ship departs. Great for us as our flight doesn't leave until 17.30. You can find the option on the shore excursion section of your cruise planner. Just look at the final day and if it's available to you it will be there. We booked it this morning and can stay on board until 1400 hrs.

Just to say we took advantage of this on our cruise on reflection in Rome. We still had to be out of the cabin by 8.30am but got given a pass to wear and were able to have free non-alcoholic drinks in any of the bars and cafe al Bacio (we had premium drinks package but that didn't get extended) and we were able to have lunch in the oceanview cafe. It cost us £50 each I think but we would probably have spent similar on a days worth of coffee and lunches etc in the airport and it was so much nicer spending the day on the ship then waiting all day for a our flight in Rome airport (which is rubbish for cafes and things).

Worth every penny.

Just to say we took advantage of this on our cruise on reflection in Rome. We still had to be out of the cabin by 8.30am but got given a pass to wear and were able to have free non-alcoholic drinks in any of the bars and cafe al Bacio (we had premium drinks package but that didn't get extended) and we were able to have lunch in the oceanview cafe. It cost us £50 each I think but we would probably have spent similar on a days worth of coffee and lunches etc in the airport and it was so much nicer spending the day on the ship then waiting all day for a our flight in Rome airport (which is rubbish for cafes and things).

Worth every penny.

Thats interesting as when I read it it did you that if you have had the drinks package it would be extended.

Thats interesting as when I read it it did you that if you have had the drinks package it would be extended.

It is now showing again:

Guests cannot remain in their staterooms after 8:30 a.m.

Guests will have access to all public lounges and the pool deck.

Guests who have previously purchased a beverage package will have the package on departure day.

Guests who have previously purchased an internet package will continue to have access on departure day.

Please note that no exit and re-entry to the ship will be permitted on departure day.

For your convenience, personal credit cards will be accepted for onboard purchases throughout the day.

Luggage will be given a special tag and will be handled by the staff onboard; guests should only keep small bag with personal belongings.

Private and group transportation is available.

Guests who have booked transfers through Celebrity Cruises will have the option to request a later transfer upon signing-up for the Extend Your Stay program.

and yes it is 90 minutes from embarkation that you have to leave the ship.

Worth every penny.

Just got back from a British Isles cruise on X. Cost was $30PP to stay on the ship until 3:30pm. Our hotel wanted 35 Euros. Turns out when we went to the hotel at 10:30am they let us check in at no extra cost.

I've just double checked with my partner in case I'd misremembered but he's confirmed our drinks package didn't continue. Note though that it also said in the spiel before we bought it that we would be able to have lunch in the lawn club grill, but once we purchased it that part got removed (it literally has a white sticky pasted over the top of it to blank it out). I'd take the description with a pinch of salt. We couldn't be bothered to argue as the lawn club grill wasn't the reason we chose it (we just wanted to avoid sitting in the airport all day).

Just got back from a British Isles cruise on X. Cost was $30PP to stay on the ship until 3:30pm. Our hotel wanted 35 Euros. Turns out when we went to the hotel at 10:30am they let us check in at no extra cost.

showing as $51 Canadian..... that's quite the exchange.....

Glad to read about this. We've used this on other sailings with RCI in Barcelona. Really helps when you have a later flight departure.

Good to know that your beverage package continues too.

Even if we stay until after lunch before we make our way to Fiumicino airport for our flight home next May we reckon it's worth it for us. I know it's £60 for the 2 of us, but we reckon we can easily spend half of that on lunch in Civitavecchia, and there's not much to occupy us there.

The other thing that the official description states but that turned out not to be the case was that they didn't organise a late transfer to the airport. They said that if we wanted that we'd need to organise it ourselves.

Like I said, I'd take the official description with a pinch of salt. Thinking back, that's the drinks package, the lawn club grill and the late transfer to the airport that they didn't deliver on so we should have complained I suppose. Can't think why we didn't. I think we were just so tired by the end of the holiday and glad to be able to stay on board.

The other thing that the official description states but that turned out not to be the case was that they didn't organise a late transfer to the airport. They said that if we wanted that we'd need to organise it ourselves.

Like I said, I'd take the official description with a pinch of salt. Thinking back, that's the drinks package, the lawn club grill and the late transfer to the airport that they didn't deliver on so we should have complained I suppose. Can't think why we didn't. I think we were just so tired by the end of the holiday and glad to be able to stay on board.

I hear you - I went through the same thing on our last RCL cruise - we bought the cruise DVD because we were in the newlywed contest and a few other things but the quality was horrendous, found out after the cruise we we had been entitled to a bunch of things we didn't get (long story) but it also takes time and energy to complain...don't have much of either when we get home

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Currently I'm on the Connie and was interested in the extend your stay excursion. The excursion is currently on the Celebrity website as CVS9.

I inquired at Guest Relations about differences in the extended benefits of the drink and internet packages as described in the ship program versus the Celebrity website. Guest Services indicated the internet and beverage packages would end at 9am on your extension day. They also indicated there w/b set time frames when you could leave the ship. Additionally, they also indicated that Miami was notified that the ship's systems could NOT executed the described program.

It looks like it is easier write up an excursion than to deliver on it in the real world.

Currently I'm on the Connie and was interested in the extend your stay excursion. The excursion is currently on the Celebrity website as CVS9.

I inquired at Guest Relations about differences in the extended benefits of the drink and internet packages as described in the ship program versus the Celebrity website. Guest Services indicated the internet and beverage packages would end at 9am on your extension day. They also indicated there w/b set time frames when you could leave the ship. Additionally, they also indicated that Miami was notified that the ship's systems could NOT executed the described program.

It looks like it is easier write up an excursion than to deliver on it in the real world.

I did purchase this excursion for Civitavecchia. Guest Relations indicated as above, internet and beverage packages cease at 9AM and Seapass cards will be collected at an 8:45 meeting. So there will be no status benefits such as specialty coffees at Cafe al Bacio during the rest of the day. We will however be able to leave the ship at anytime we want up till 3PM.