Hump Balcony?

I know this is probably a dump question but what is a "hump" balcony???

The hump is what Cruise Critic people call the area of staterooms on the part of the ship that bulges out.

The "humps" are near the elevators and ass stated above, the ship "bulges" out to make more room for the elevators.

Hmm, I don't think this is right Jim. I had a hump JS on the Oasis (7240) and it is not near the elevators. Check out the deck plans. Maybe that's the case though on the older ships.

Ok would a D1 or D2 be better on 9th deck? Superior stateroom 9608 D1 booked - think of changing to a D2 hump balcony 9640....opinions????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which ship? :)

Edited by APDMOM

The "humps" are near the elevators and ass stated above, the ship "bulges" out to make more room for the elevators.

Hump balconies are usually bigger and have a better view.

Only the cabins at the very front end and back end of the hump are larger....the other balconies on the hump are standard size, but you are right about the view!:)

Hump balconies are usually bigger and have a better view.

Only the cabins at the very front end and back end of the hump on some ships(Radiance class for sure) are larger....the other balconies on the hump are standard size, but you are right about the view!:)

Ok would a D1 or D2 be better on 9th deck? Superior stateroom 9608 D1 booked - think of changing to a D2 hump balcony 9640....opinions????

Definitely need to know which ship and the price for both

I assume that you will be on the Liberty. We were just in Cabin #9640 which is a D1 Balcony Hump cabin. There are no D2's on the hump. Cabin #9608 is a D2 just down the hall from the hump. Both are very centrally located.

Our balcony gave us a great view fore and aft without obstruction. This is the first time being mid-ship and close to the elevators. We loved it, and would book that cabin and location without hesitation.

Edited by Roce48

we have found from just one experience the Liberty has the largest balcony's generally speaking. So was your even more than the 66 sq. feet?

Once you've had a balcony on Liberty I don't think you can ever go back!

Have you ever had the hump balcony on the Brilliance (namely 9014?). Does it pale in comparision?

9514 which isn't an actual hump room. Are the larger balconies ONLY on the 7th deck or the true "hump cabins" or are all in the bow (in front of the stairwells) larger?

I totally got the extention of the floors of the middle balconies. See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41876344&posted=1#post41876344

for pictures and a better description of problems with the centrally placed balcony cabins of the Radiance class ships.

Just changed our room to 9642 on FOS and I think that is a hump balcony can anyone confirm? If so will it be larger? It is the Superior Balcony Stateroom D2

Do the hump balconies usually come with a lounger since they are bigger. Or does it depend on the category (D1, D2, JS) etc?

We usually find a lounger on the JS balcony. On the rare occasions that we don't, the stateroom attendant will usually bring one for us.

We were on a hump on MOS. The balcony didn't seem to be bigger, however there was extra space between the curtain and balcony door that was odd shaped to conform to the angle of where on the hump the room was. Think of the extra room like a triangle. One side was 0 ft the other about 2 ft.

Only the cabins at the very front end and back end of the hump on some ships(Radiance class for sure) are larger....the other balconies on the hump are standard size, but you are right about the view!:)

A fore and aft view from our Liberty cabin #6640 hump balcony.

IMG_0134_zpsf533c999.jpg

IMG_0136_zpsbece1fe1.jpg

We were just in 9640 on the Liberty which is a Freedom Class ship also. Yes it is a true hump, but the balcony to us was not noticeably larger, and it did not have a lounger. We loved the location, and the view from the balcony the few times we used it.

Just changed our room to 9642 on FOS and I think that is a hump balcony can anyone confirm? If so will it be larger? It is the Superior Balcony Stateroom D2

If it is a larger balcony you want and can give up ~15 square feet of inside space, look into 7408 and 7708... They are category E1 and the balconies are huge. Enjoy your cruise :)

e428f6aa34ba52f61a005fecea89f6bd_zpsb527b240.jpg

dbb3334c842de528b105d4cf983a72b1_zps0d414bd7.jpg

6640 isn't a true hump.

Questiom:

is 9630/9330 or 9632/9332 considered the hump cabin?

Wonder if since the Freedom class balconies seem larger then the rest of the ships I've been on is that why hump cabins arent any bigger?

I do like that 9642/9342 sounds like the cabin space 15 sq feet larger?

All balconies on Freedom class ships other than suites are the same size including those on the hump. It is Radiance class ships where the balconies at the very front and back of the hump are larger. If I am wrong on this, please let me know...it wouldn't be the first time!!!;):)

I'm trying to find out also but it looks to me that on the 9th deck unless you want a suite the foreward cabins 9632 and 9332 MAY???? be the "hump" cabins on the Liberty.

Anyone can confirm this to settle the hump cabin once-and-for-all???