Detailed Luggage Direct Information

jayisgerman

The question about "Luggage Direct" comes up on this board every so often. I thought it might be helpful to post the actual flyer we were given on our recent Westerdam cruise, since it spells out airlines, costs, etc.

Please bear in mind that things may differ slightly for your airports and itineraries, but this should give you a good idea overall. (I hope the attachments work - first time I am doing this with attached files. :confused:406242352_LuggageDirect1.jpg.c30260e812f059b1b8c13abd893edfc6.jpg

1356674723_LuggageDirect2.jpg.85f291006c9a0e82f84fe3cfcb93b77c.jpg)

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you and have a nice day.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if you have to be off the ship between 7:30 & 8am? Or can you eat a leisurely breakfast and disembark later?

If you use Luggage Direct, you are in the second group to disembark, after the self-disembarkers. That comes shortly after 7:30, or thereabouts.

But that doesn't mean you can't have a leisurely breakfast! You certainly can have a lovely last meal. It just means you have to start that breakfast earlier than if you were leaving the ship at a later time. You cannot delay leaving, for a variety of reasons.

The question about "Luggage Direct" comes up on this board every so often. I thought it might be helpful to post the actual flyer we were given on our recent Westerdam cruise, since it spells out airlines, costs, etc.

Please bear in mind that things may differ slightly for your airports and itineraries, but this should give you a good idea overall. (I hope the attachments work - first time I am doing this with attached files. :confused:[ATTACH]296521[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]296522[/ATTACH])

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you and have a nice day.

Would you consider sending this in to the HALfacts.com website? It would be helpful information for those considering it. If your original documents a jpeg they can be enlarged on the website when someone double clicks. The email is pictures@halfacts.com

If you use Luggage Direct, you are in the second group to disembark, after the self-disembarkers. That comes shortly after 7:30, or thereabouts.

But that doesn't mean you can't have a leisurely breakfast! You certainly can have a lovely last meal. It just means you have to start that breakfast earlier than if you were leaving the ship at a later time. You cannot delay leaving, for a variety of reasons.

Thank you.

I am attaching as a PDF, and I hope it might be a better result. :confused: If not... I am so sorry. Is there anybody out there that can help me make it bigger?

Darn those modern technology issues, LOL! :mad:

[ATTACH]296565[/ATTACH]

zwksc6.jpg

4u78xv.jpg

I downloaded the PDF version. Opened it with Adobe Reader. Then when it comes up in a window I had the option of increasing the %age 50% gives a one page readable document that prints very readable-y.

• 1 month later...

FYI, just as a follow up, we tried to use Luggage Direct. However, we were not allowed to do so. If you have a connection and it's a split carrier reservation, you may be denied.

In our case, our first leg was with Southwest, and the second leg was with Air Tran. We were denied use of the service, and the concierge indicated others with similar flight plans were rejected as well.

FYI, just as a follow up, we tried to use Luggage Direct. However, we were not allowed to do so. If you have a connection and it's a split carrier reservation, you may be denied.

I'm sorry you couldn't use Luggage Direct. But I do appreciate the information re: split carrier reservation, especially since I Luv Southwest, and use them on domestic flights.

In our case, our first leg was with Southwest, and the second leg was with Air Tran. ...

That would seem to be because of the requirement that "Any connecting flight must be with the same airline", with exceptions only for international connections.

We are just back from our partial transit on th Zuiderdam and used luggage direct. It cost $19.95 per person and was well worth it. We will use it again whenever we fly.

First of all your flight home must leave later than 11:30AM and as stated flights must be on the same airplane. Since we were flying Delta we did have to pay for checked luggage which we would have done at the airport anyway.

The afternoon before we docked they delivered a packet to our room which had identifying tags for what group we were in and the actual airline luggage tags and our boarding passes. So put out the luggage that night and we didn't have to deal with it until in arrived home in San Diego.

At the airport all we had to do is go thru security and then to our gate. For us it was really worth the money.

Any other questions I would be happy to answer.

Nan

That would seem to be because of the requirement that "Any connecting flight must be with the same airline", with exceptions only for international connections.

Southwest & Air Tran have merged, but the computer systems haven't been fully integrated which was her problem. (She's my DSIL which is how I knew. Just in case you were thinking "creepy airline stalker guy.) :eek:

Southwest & Air Tran have merged, but the computer systems haven't been fully integrated which was her problem.
They're still operating as different airlines, though, aren't they? (That is, separately using WN and FL prime flight numbers.) That seemed to me to be the reason why the itinerary wouldn't meet the requirements listed on the sheet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...