Piano Man Jimmy Maddox

Oceanwench

Update:-

• Westerdam: to 5 April 2014 (7-night eastern Caribbean)
  • Eurodam: 23 May to 20 July 2014 (12-night Baltic x 4)
  • Oosterdam: 7 September to 5 December 2014 (7-night Alaska x 3, repositioning to Sydney, 14-night Australia/New Zealand x 3)
  • Nieuw Amsterdam: 4 January to 29 March 2015 (7-night alternating eastern/western Caribbean x 12)

Listening to his new CD today with songs from the piano bar took me back to the Westerdam 2008 ... he even mentions meeting someone in the Lido in a Speedo on the song Chantilly Lace! :eek:

Anyone who has heard Jimmy on HAL ships [he was in the piano bar for the Eurodam inaugural, I believe] knows he sets the bar high for any other piano bar player! He's at home in Georgia now, but he'll be aboard the Ryndam Feb. 26-April 4; the Statendam Aprill 11-July 11; and the Niew Amsterdam Sept. 12-Nov. 7.

When I met Jimmy, he was part of an incredible entertainment team on the Westerdam, which included Julie Barr and Joel Mason. I hope to find them all together on some future cruise! :)

You can find Jimmy's cruise blog at http://www.jimmymaddox.com. It's fun to go along with him on the various HAL ships!

A special shout-out to Jimmy for including Hang on Sloopy on his CD!!! ;)

That's enough to make me want to cancel my Noordam TA and book the NA TA instead! Jimmy is awesome...he was on our Med & TA cruise last October.

• 5 months later...
Update*:-
  • Oosterdam: 7 September to 4 December 2014 (7-night Alaska x 3, repositioning to Sydney, 14-night Australia/New Zealand x 3)
  • Nieuw Amsterdam: 4 January to 28 March 2015 (7-night alternating eastern/western Caribbean x 12)
  • Oosterdam: 10 May to 1 August 2015 (7-night alternating northbound/southbound Alaska x 12)
  • Eurodam: 7 September to 7 November 2015 (17-night westbound trans-Atlantic, 10-night Canada/New England, 14-night repo to Florida, ? two weeks Caribbean – no further details)

* His website has had a revamp - this is a new URL.

Copied from his web site ...........................

Join the piano bar nation at sea!

2014-2015 Cruise Ship Schedule:

Oosterdam Sep 7 - Dec 4, 2014 Australia and New Zealand

Nieuw Amsterdam Jan 4 - March 28 2015 Caribbean

Oosterdam May 10 - August 1 2015 Alaska

Eurodam Sept 7 - Nov 7 2015 Viking Passage & Canada

Copied from his web site ...
Yes, that's where I got the information in my post above: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43993075&postcount=29 !

It's a new update, as I'd only checked the site about three or four days ago. And then the site was down for a day or two, presumably while he was reorganising it.

An update* from Jimmy Maddox:-

• Oosterdam: 7 September to 4 December 2014 (7-night Alaska x 3, 24/25-night repositioning to Sydney, 14-night Australia/New Zealand x 3)
  • Nieuw Amsterdam: 4 January to 28 March 2015 (7-night alternating eastern/western Caribbean x 12)
  • Oosterdam: 10 May to 1 August 2015 (7-night alternating northbound/southbound Alaska x 12)
  • Eurodam: 7 September to 7 November 2015 (17-night westbound trans-Atlantic, 10-night Canada/New England, 14-night Atlantic Coast repositioning to Florida, 7-night alternating eastern/western Caribbean x 3)

* His website has had a revamp - this is a new URL.

Re-posting this because the Caribbean itineraries in October/November 2015 have now been published.

• 2 months later...

An update from Jimmy Maddox:-

• Oosterdam: 7 September to 4 December 2014 (7-night Alaska x 3, 24/25-night repositioning to Sydney, 14-night Australia/New Zealand x 3)
  • Eurodam: 7 September to 7 November 2015 (17-night westbound trans-Atlantic, 10-night Canada/New England, 14-night Atlantic Coast repositioning to Florida, 7-night alternating eastern/western Caribbean x 3)
  • Westerdam: 12 December 2015 to 13 February 2016 (7-night eastern Caribbean x 9)
  • Volendam: 17 March to 4 May 2016 (14-night Singapore to Hong Kong, 16-night Hong Kong to Yokohama, 18-night Yokohama to Vancouver)

Edited by Globaliser

Just spent 38 days with Jimmy (Oosterdam) and he was in fine form. What I really like about Jimmy is that he is a true classic piano bar man who does a great job interacting with his audience. And his knowledge of music from around the world is quite amazing.

Hank

• 1 month later...
Updated information from Jimmy Maddox:-
  • Nieuw Amsterdam: 4 January to 21 March 2015 (7-night alternating eastern/western Caribbean x 11)
  • Westerdam: 12 December 2015 to 12 February 2016 (7-night eastern Caribbean x 9)
  • Volendam: 17 March to 3 May 2016 (14-night Singapore to Hong Kong, 16-night Hong Kong to Yokohama, 19-night Yokohama to Vancouver)

• 1 month later...
  • Eurodam: 7 September to 7 November 2015 (17-night westbound trans-Atlantic, 10-night Canada/New England, 14-night Atlantic Coast repositioning to Florida, 7-night alternating eastern/western Caribbean x 2)
  • Westerdam: 12 December 2015 to 12 February 2016 (7-night eastern Caribbean x 9)
  • Volendam: 17 March to 3 May 2016 (14-night Singapore to Hong Kong, 16-night Hong Kong to Yokohama, 19-night Yokohama to Vancouver)

Have to share that one reason I love Jimmy is that he has less hair than moi :). But for anyone who has not had the pleasure of spending some evenings with JM, the man is a delight and was born to work in piano bars.

Hank

• 1 month later...
Again - another great 2 weeks in the PB with Jimmy! We had a great time as always and are looking forward to our next cruise with Jimmy. There is no one better to get the crowd acting crazy than this man!

Yep, Jimmy can actually be crazier then the crowd, but when he gets a good crowd they play off each other and it can be a great time. We have seen Jimmy play for 3 hours without a break when he had a lively crowd (and a cooperating bladder). We love this man and if it were not for HAL's smoking policy would be on a cruise with him quite often.

Hank

• 6 months later...
  • Eurodam: 7 September to 7 November 2015 (17-night westbound trans-Atlantic, 10-night Canada/New England, 14-night Atlantic Coast repositioning to Florida, 7-night alternating eastern/western Caribbean x 2)
  • Nieuw Amsterdam: 18 June to 18 August 2016 (7-night Vancouver round-trip Alaska x 9)

• Nieuw Amsterdam: 18 June to 18 August 2016 (7-night Vancouver round-trip Alaska x 9)

well DAM - he's on the Westerdam at the wrong time. Too bad he isn't on for the south Pacific.

oh well

seriously, thanks for the update ;)

Love,love,love Jimmy Maddox! Saw him on our b2b Carribiean on the Nieuw Amsterdam this past March! Standing room only!!!

Hope he will be on our Eurodam cruise in the Mediterranean on Oct 9th!

Tried to see if he would be on but I guess the schedule does not go out that far in 2016!

Denise:)