Chair hogs - beware

coiran

Just returned from the Dawn Princess SFO - Sydney 31 days. Early in the cruise:

Two women were put off the ship for shoplifting in the boutiques!!

Two men assaulted a deck staff member when he removed personal items from their SAVED deck chair after 30 minutes - they were put off the ship!!

Two men involved in a battle in the laundry room were put off the ship.

We had a VERY GOOD Captain!!

Ron

Two men assaulted a deck staff member when he removed personal items from their SAVED deck chair after 30 minutes - they were put off the ship!!

Ron

I'll say. Who was it?

I AM very happy to hear this,and it should be done all the time,people always feel that the law goes away when you are at sea,the sheriffs office is always happy to pick up passengers with social problems:)):rolleyes:

Ron

Was it Captain Marco Fortesse? He was our captain a few months back on the Dawn Princess and even though he had his share of headaches (two people died in the dining room on separate nights, a ship-wide search was initiated at 5am for a kid who was missing and later showed up in another passenger's cabin) he was a great guy and always had time to talk to passengers.

Oh at last standards and decorum are beginning to creep back. Well done that man, I hope his employers appreciate him. I don’t want to sound snooty, but standards have dropped over the last 3/4 or years quite dramatically and it’s not just the young some older cruisers need to look in the mirror.

Please name that man and let us all praise him :)

Oh at last standards and decorum are beginning to creep back. Well done that man, I hope his employers appreciate him. I don’t want to sound snooty, but standards have dropped over the last 3/4 or years quite dramatically and it’s not just the young some older cruisers need to look in the mirror.

Please name that man and let us all praise him :)

The only bit that worries me is that the OP stated that 2 people in a battle in the laundry room were put off - one of those 2 people could have been the victim and has been unfairly put off the ship.

I have seen a lady knocked over in the elevator by a teenager rushing in and the Father ( who was not a witness to the original incident) of the boy asserted it was the lady who assaulted the boy.

That was a nasty incident and the lady was later given a severe grilling in front of other passengers by the security crew until luckily an actual witness came forward.

All I can say is that its probably rough justice at sea and they just chuck everyone concerned off, victim and perpetrator alike,and all one can do is be very passive and back away from any confrontation and just let the bullies have their way however unfair it seems.

Why would anyone fight over laundry (or chairs for that matter)? I know they do, my 6'5" husband was accosted by a little old lady (about 70) in the laundry room when he made the mistake of putting a laundry bag on her machine (he was not paying any attention and set it down. He quickly apologized, but made me collect the laundry later). She was furious and raged at him the entire trip - why? Some folks get so territorial with stuff and it rather baffles me. To me, chairs and laundry are pretty low on my confrontation lists. Of course, now we get suites and have our laundry done and our own chairs, so its moot, but really...is that what you go on vacation for?

Ron

I say Bravo. I'd like to sail on his ship!

Ron

Mixed feelings: Sad that this sort of behavior happens, but happy that someone is doing something about it!

Archived