Queens Grill dining is it better

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:29 AM.
Edinburgh
213 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
Originally posted by autumn lass
We enjoyed Queens Grill in the summer. I have allergies and that was our main reason for opting for Queens Grill and the staff ensured that every meal was fine for me.
Sent from my iPad using Forums
This is one of the reasons we book Queen's Grill too. Our experience on QM2 wasn't completely up to scratch when it came to dealing with the allergies, but QV this summer were truly excellent.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QM 2 Transatlantic Eastbound 24/07/16 Q5
QV Venice and the Adriatic Q718a 29/07/17 Q4
QE Bruges - Q832 30/11/18 Q4
QE Norway & The Northern Lights Q928 08/10/19 Q4

Save
4 Posts
Joined Oct 2017
Hi just to say thanks, we choose queens grill for the larger cabin, and Cunard for the benefits that come with it . I'm not being precious as was suggested in one answer, I was however peturbed at changes that seem to make a very good strategic positioning being undermined by what looks like penny pinching . Cunard differentiates itself from other carnival products by it's more luxurious and more formal core product in Brittannia. It then adds further differentiation with the grills concept. It could have stuck at Brittannia and Grills, but they purposefully split grills into two dining rooms. Once you differentiate two products this must be at all levels. As queens and princess grills are two differentiated dining rooms then it is logical that the food offering should differ, starting with the core menu. The can't be bothered reply I recieved from Cunard to the obvious question why are the menus the same , i.e. that " all our food is great", started it all off
16 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by Bigmike911
What you will get in Queens Grill accommodation and dining are the following (there may be some I don't remember):
A larger suite at 500 square feet and up
A butler who will unpack your bags and repack them if you desire
Provide you with complementary wine and or spirits
Serve you dinner en suite with the evenings QG menu if you choose
A concierge who can make travel arrangements, print out boarding passes for flights, and make reservations for dining in the ships specialty restaurants. The Concierge lounge also has coffee, tea and pastries in the morning, and newspapers and is on nine deck, mid ship as most of the QG suites are also on nine.
The Concierge will provide you with custom personalized stationary to use on board to to write to friends ashore.
In the Queens Grill restaurant you will have a daily menu, and an ala carte menu and you can order off menu with usually a half day notice, and the staff with endeavor to fulfill your request is the goods are on board.
You will share the Grills lounge across the hall from the QG restaurant with Princess Grills passengers. You can take tea in the afternoon if you wish.
You will also share the Grills Terrace on eleven deck aft with Princess Grill passengers loungers, two hot tubs, and staff that will bring you refreshments.

I think you have made a very good choice in your booking. Enjoy

Plus when you are having lunch/dinner in the Princess or Queens Grill restaurants, you get to stare at the lower class passengers walking by outside on the deck.

I say that with humor!

I had my first TA crossing last June in an outside Balcony cabin on Deck 11. Had an amazing time! Doing another one in January.
Mississauga, Canada
1,369 Posts
Joined Oct 2000
Originally posted by Bigmike911
What you will get in Queens Grill accommodation and dining are the following (there may be some I don't remember):
A concierge who can make travel arrangements, print out boarding passes for flights, and make reservations for dining in the ships specialty restaurants. The Concierge lounge also has coffee, tea and pastries in the morning, and newspapers and is on nine deck, mid ship as most of the QG suites are also on nine.
The Concierge will provide you with custom personalized stationary to use on board to to write to friends ashore.
In the Queens Grill restaurant you will have a daily menu, and an ala carte menu and you can order off menu with usually a half day notice, and the staff with endeavor to fulfill your request is the goods are on board.
I don't mean to be picky, but the above three excerpted points apply to those in Princess Grill as well as Queen's, except that off-menu ordering is not encouraged in Princess very often, but the occasional request will be honoured. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from Queen's, which was a most impressive experience, but having been in both Grills a few times I am just relating my experience.