On Zuiderdam now...no music by the pool.

ConnCruise

How is the Zuiderdam doing just out of dry dock? Any pictures of the new signature suite cabins posted yet? Would love to see some of the new areas too. Looking forward to see the other new areas. Hope the ship is done and ready for our 26th Panama Sailing. For what it matters.......no music or quiet music, at least.

I would also love to see pictures, especially of Signature suites. We will be on Zuiderdam in January again and I cannot wait to see improvements.

My vote is music by the pool. I feel it contributes to the fun. If I don't like the songs I just put in my ear buds. I've never experienced loud music on a HAL ship at the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So they should ban all music in all public spaces? Even some funeral homes play soft music.

Trying to please everyone pleases no one.

Well we sure would not want HAL ships to feel like funeral homes! Guess you made the case for no piped in music.

Hank

Good news - there is music by the pool on the Zuiderdam! Today there was Imagine Dragons and Taylor Swift so your persuasive approach must have worked[emoji126]🕺[emoji474]*♀️

Good to hear! Not a Taylor Swift fan, but like Imagine Dragons and as I said before, if there's music I don't care for I can easily put in my ear buds. I love music by the pool. If I want peace and quiet I can find many other places on the ship.

I like hearing acoustic music, or music without vocals playing. Don't laugh, on a recent Carnival cruise they had a CD playing in Lido; like Samba/Lounge covers of rock music and just the right volume to hear it, but not have it overpower conversation or even if you wanted to sit quietly. It was actually really nice and relaxing.

For those saying no music; I'd wager a safe bet that if there was some low audible music playing versus just total silence you'd prefer it if asked after which way was better. It's just the way people are.

I would also love to see pictures, especially of Signature suites. We will be on Zuiderdam in January again and I cannot wait to see improvements.

My vote is music by the pool. I feel it contributes to the fun. If I don't like the songs I just put in my ear buds. I've never experienced loud music on a HAL ship at the pool.

I don't have any Sig suite pictures, but if the results of our Neptune suite is any indication, you'll be pleased. Overall, the ship looks pretty good. New carpeting throughout, big new changes in the music venues and I think new furniture in the Lido buffet.

Now if they could only pump some life into the pool area.

I don't have any Sig suite pictures, but if the results of our Neptune suite is any indication, you'll be pleased. Overall, the ship looks pretty good. New carpeting throughout, big new changes in the music venues and I think new furniture in the Lido buffet.

Now if they could only pump some life into the pool area.

Thanks for the info! So you found the pool too quiet?