Ship stateroom bathrooms.

keiann

Actually some ships do. Just got off the Oosterdam and there was one in the bathroom. Think some NCL don’t have them perhaps older HAL ships... problem with having them if folks leave door open to the room, then the AC dosnt work wells.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will assume that since we are on a Carnival board, the OP was asking about Carnival ships.

Every cabin, on every ship has a bathroom exhaust fan. There is no switch for it, it runs continually, and is not an individual fan for each bathroom, it is a large centrally located fan that exhausts an entire bank of cabins. The HVAC system is designed to remove 20% of the cabin air volume, per hour, via the bathroom exhaust fan. This is balanced by providing 20% of the cabin air volume, per hour, of fresh outside air that has been air conditioned (partly through being cooled by the exhausting air from the bathrooms). 80% of the cabin air volume is recirculated around the cabin, each hour, through an individual chiller that is controlled by the cabin thermostat.

I only came back in here to see what chengkp75 was going to tell us. It's seriously great having a resident expert.

Hell, I said the same thing as he did. Just don't like to add all those words to my typing fingers .:cool:

There is a passive exhaust vent...but not a "fan"....it simply draws air from the bathroom...many hotels have that style of vent, as well.

This probably explains why in some hotels and ships I have seen this round thingy in the bathroom ceiling that kind of looked like a fan but there was no switch for it so I didn't know what it was. Now I know.

That was a very sexist comment. My wife can peel the walpaper of the bathroom walls on an average day.

No, not really, in my house there are more men and only one of me...so in a situation where there is only one restroom available to us in the cabin....my men will leave the cabin and leave me the cabin bathroom as a courtesy...;p