Recent Haven upgrades on the Bliss to Alaska

umpisoccer

The sailing for July 7 is showing full except for inside staterooms. All of my upgrade bids from balcony to Haven have been marked Expired. I called this week to double check if there was one available to upgrade out right and was told they are still full. The Mini suite upgrade I won was gone by the time my account was clear to charge. So planning to stay in our balcony with the angled balcony.

For those of you that received the upgrade for the Bliss. What time of day at 2 days out did you receive notification that your bid was accepted? Did you get it early morning or late afternoon? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I was already in the Haven was upgraded to a higher Haven category 60 days before sailing! Haven is now sold out (and has been for every sailing from first Alaska until Sept 8)

I was already in the Haven was upgraded to a higher Haven category 60 days before sailing! Haven is now sold out (and has been for every sailing from first Alaska until Sept 8)

Does that mean all bids for upgrades are in vain for the Bliss through September?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been talking with my booking agent and she keeps assuring me that the upsell team has unlisted inventory that the agents can not see nor can regular passengers.

Is there any evidence that Haven rooms are held back just for upsell bidding or is all inventory available for purchase directly?

Hi, I've been talking with my booking agent and she keeps assuring me that the upsell team has unlisted inventory that the agents can not see nor can regular passengers.

Is there any evidence that Haven rooms are held back just for upsell bidding or is all inventory available for purchase directly?

From a fiscal standpoint, there is no benefit for NCL to 'hold back' haven cabins for upsell bidding. If you understand pricing and the bidding process that is very obvious.

Why would corporate hold back anything? Of course it is going to be for sale. Makes no financial sense on a product that expires.

Hi, I've been talking with my booking agent and she keeps assuring me that the upsell team has unlisted inventory that the agents can not see nor can regular passengers. Is there any evidence that Haven rooms are held back just for upsell bidding or is all inventory available for purchase directly?

Sorry, that’s just incorrect. NCL is selling the rooms for $7000-$10000 per person, why would they hold back room to sell for $1500? If you’re booking agent is giving you that information, they are just incompetent. Time to get a new booking agent.