Atw 2020 itineraries posted

cbb

Many have enquired about the official booking of the 2020 Around the World cruise. I am currently on Insignia doing Cape Town to Singapore segment. Have several friends back home interested in the 2020 cruise. I went to the wonderful Oceania Ambassador, Chantelle who says: Insignia guests get first crack at the rooms on March 7th. Vista and higher suites require a 10% non refundable deposit, the rest of the cabins require a deposit with $500 per person being non refundable should the need to cancel present itself. That is the benefit and curse of being onboard. Reservations open on the 8th to everyone, including Insignia guests that may have dallied in the decision making process.

I did ask if I could prebook for friends not on board early and the answer was a resounding no - I would have to wait until March 8th.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many have enquired about the official booking of the 2020 Around the World cruise. I am currently on Insignia doing Cape Town to Singapore segment. Have several friends back home interested in the 2020 cruise. I went to the wonderful Oceania Ambassador, Chantelle who says: Insignia guests get first crack at the rooms on March 7th. Vista and higher suites require a 10% non refundable deposit, the rest of the cabins require a deposit with $500 per person being non refundable should the need to cancel present itself. That is the benefit and curse of being onboard. Reservations open on the 8th to everyone, including Insignia guests that may have dallied in the decision making process.

I did ask if I could prebook for friends not on board early and the answer was a resounding no - I would have to wait until March 8th.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the info.

hmmm, O's website, and all info from O through TA indicate that Mar 7th is the date one can reserve a cabin

cbb,

Do you remember if they did the booking and deposit this way when you were onboard? When we booked, on the opening day last year, the deposit was 20% for all cabins with the usual refund/cancellation policy.

My TA was told by Oceania the date was Mar 7. What I'm curious to see is when the segments come out.

Cbb..tell Dave his photos of PR are great. Thanks. Looks like some places are getting back to normal, except the electricity of course! Did you miss a port on this cruise?

Non-refundable deposits - yikes. Too bad there is not even just a 7 day allowance. If you purchase Travel Insurance and want pre-existing medical condition coverage I would get some quotes now so are ready when booking the cruise. I don't know for a fact but would expect it not to be easy to find coverage for 160+ days. Some Canadians cannot be out of the country over 6 months and still have medical coverage from their province and medical policies often require that. Many policies pre-condition waiver have time limits to buy after first non-refunable payment, though I have also seen by first payment period and heard of no time limit up to final payment, to get the waiver. So the timing of the deposit could start that clock ticking.

I can't imagine all the planning that must go into such a voyage. The repeaters will be a great resource.

David says, "thanks" in response for the PR photos, but says "cynthia took a bunch of those" pictures posted.

as for deposits for ATW16 we did not book these on board, but rather through our TA. We put down a sizeable deposit, could have been 20% but we believe in was refundable...up to a certain date of course.

remember, we were the first ATW. Yes, there was 2015 but Insignia had a fire on board, so everybody kind of started over in a way...one could get a refund or apply it to 2016.

we're just waiting for Mar 7 to put in our cabin hold and put down our deposit for ATW2020. Several of us from '16 want this cruise and several of the '16 are signed up for ATW19--we all love it that much. There's still discussion of 2021 for our 5th anniversary!

the problem some of you may have is that your US medical insurance might give you additional steps to do to get a 6 months supply of prescription drugs.

US Postal System also only holds mail for 30 days so you're going to need someone to collect your mail or to forward it to....so be nice to your kids and/or neighbors!

as for deposits for ATW16 we did not book these on board, but rather through our TA. We put down a sizeable deposit, could have been 20% but we believe in was refundable...up to a certain date of course.

remember, we were the first ATW. Yes, there was 2015 but Insignia had a fire on board, so everybody kind of started over in a way...one could get a refund or apply it to 2016.

In my question, I was meaning did you have the same offer onboard as the current worldies have been offered.....were you able to book RTW 2018 before the public and for a smaller deposit? Just curious. :cool:

I have no idea of what people on board were offered for 2018 or 2019 if one was currently on board, since I wasn't on board when those announcements were made.

I can ask some people currently on board Riviera with me who were on 16 and 17 and who are going on 19 if they got to make cabin reservations early.

Certainly we've not received any advance notice nor offer to reserve early for 2020 as alums of ATW16...we have to wait just like everybody else for Mar 7.

Since we're not trying to reserve either a suite or an inside we're hoping we'll be able to obtain the cabin we want.

I have no idea of what people on board were offered for 2018 or 2019 if one was currently on board, since I wasn't on board....

Sorry, it's no big deal. I just thought if you were on the ship for RTW 2016 that you might have been given that opportunity for the 2018 world cruise. The early booking must be something new.

Sorry, it's no big deal. I just thought if you were on the ship for RTW 2016 that you might have been given that opportunity for the 2018 world cruise. The early booking must be something new.

On the 2017 RTW, I remember the Club Ambassador/Future Cruise Consultant mentioning at the sneak preview that those interested could sign up with her and make cabin selections in advance. But I don't know if those interested needed to put a deposit down to get on the list ... I would imagine they would have. I vaguely recall something being said about getting a jump on bookings before those not on the ship could book. We knew we weren't going to book it ourselves, so I paid little attention to it. There was no mention of RTW alums not on the ship getting any type of special offer.

On the 2017 RTW, I remember the Club Ambassador/Future Cruise Consultant mentioning at the sneak preview that those interested could sign up with her and make cabin selections in advance. But I don't know if those interested needed to put a deposit down to get on the list ... I would imagine they would have. I vaguely recall something being said about getting a jump on bookings before those not on the ship could book. We knew we weren't going to book it ourselves, so I paid little attention to it. There was no mention of RTW alums not on the ship getting any type of special offer.

I was just curious. It won't be of any importance to me as this will be the only world cruise I'll ever be able to afford. I'm hoping not to have to eat Alpo during retirement, so all future cruises/vacations will need to be quite inexpensive. :')

I am sure some people will like it,but I would definitely PASS till next one...

Same here....

I am still wait listed for the 2019 cruise, and now more than ever hope I will clear that list.

If not, I may reluctantly switch to another line, or wait yet another year to see what O will offer in 2021...

And yikes! Will have to be on my toes to jump on a reservation the minute they are posted...

We are booked for 162 day SFO - SFO -how many cruise credits will we receive? Also, since we will move at least 1 level and perhaps 2 levels in Oceania Club....will we receive the benefits upon boarding?

Thanks in advance

We are booked for 162 day SFO - SFO -how many cruise credits will we receive? Also, since we will move at least 1 level and perhaps 2 levels in Oceania Club....will we receive the benefits upon boarding?

Thanks in advance

According to the O Club documentation at present, you would receive 10 points, but I don't know if they make special accommodation for the "ATW" voyages regardless of whether 162-180-or-195. Maybe someone else will chime in.

You will receive the amenities for the level you achieve on the first day. In fact, your invoice (Oceania not Travel Agent) might already reflect this. We had only one cruise on O before the RTW, became instant gold and received those amenities as of day 1 of the voyage.

If you have not already seen it, check out the thread on amenity changes effective 1 Nov 2019. Unless O revisits its plans, it is these amenities that you will receive, not the ones currently on the website.

According to the O Club documentation at present, you would receive 10 points, but I don't know if they make special accommodation for the "ATW" voyages regardless of whether 162-180-or-195. Maybe someone else will chime in.

You will receive the amenities for the level you achieve on the first day. In fact, your invoice (Oceania not Travel Agent) might already reflect this. We had only one cruise on O before the RTW, became instant gold and received those amenities as of day 1 of the voyage.

If you have not already seen it, check out the thread on amenity changes effective 1 Nov 2019. Unless O revisits its plans, it is these amenities that you will receive, not the ones currently on the website.

Thank you for the information, we will move up 2 levels(WOO HOO)......I already understood the proposed amenity changes but lots of things can change in the next 2 years so not going to get too excited about it now...

We are booked for 162 day SFO - SFO -how many cruise credits will we receive? Also, since we will move at least 1 level and perhaps 2 levels in Oceania Club....will we receive the benefits upon boarding? Thanks in advance

Can't speak for the 2020 RTW, especially with the new amenity rules......but for the 2019 RTW, all worldies (whether 158, 161, 174 177 or 180 days) get 15 credits and the amenities of whichever loyalty level those credits put them into.

I've only had 1 Oceania cruise so have 1 credit. But when I board the ship next January I'll be Gold....16 total credits. And I'll get the current amenities, which are on my invoice.