MSC for Me App and Wristband

Avril

You all were super helpful when I was getting ready to go on my 1st MSC cruise this past December/January and I'm hoping you'll be just as helpful as I get ready for my 2nd. :D I'm sailing on the Meraviglia in September 2019 (going on the Transatlantic from Germany to New York) and am wondering about the MSC for Me App (which I've already downloaded) and Wristband. A few questions. What does the app do and do I need to sign up for it or pay for it when we board the ship? Do you have to somehow connect your wristband to your phone/app for it to work? What can you do with the wristband? How do you get the wristband and does it cost anything? We have an Aurea Balcony if it makes a difference. Thanks!! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

App uses free intranet/hot spots throughout ship.

Not using wrist bands so will not speak to that.

We use app for gps/deck plans and how to get from place to place.

Reserve shows, dining, spa, etc...

Look at menus, excursions, my itinerary and bookings, weather, port details...dailies and other shipboard info.

Very easy to use on android, iphone and ipad.

Cheers

Avril,

NMsunset covered the App.

The wrist band has an RFID chip. The cruise card also has an RFID chip inside. So basically you can use the wristband the same way you use the card (except for leaving/boarding the ship). You can open the cabin door, pay anything onboard and use it for the lockers in the Thermal Area. The advantage of the wrist band is that it´s water resistant and you can wear it on the slides, in the pool, in the Thermal Area... and don´t have to worry where to put your card.

On the MSC Seaside it was included for Aurea, Wellness and Yacht Club. Bella and Fantastica were able to buy it for 4.99 USD.

steamboats

We'll be on Seaside in 2 weeks in an Aurea balcony. My GF often sends me to get her drink and I'm used to the common rule on other cruise lines of "1 card, 1 drink," so I'd usually take her card with me. If I only have the wristband, will they see we both are Aurea and let me order two drinks? Or would I need her room card or wristband to get drinks for both of us at the same time?

To add on to the original questions, is the wristband and app working together (able to see where your children are on the ship) when worn by children? I

No...that is called the kids club. Seriously, I've read other threads this is a future rollout by MSC using the technology already on the ship.Haven't read anything recently stating they are ready to beta test or rollout

EDITQUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

Edited by lcpagejr

To add on to the original questions, is the wristband and app working together (able to see where your children are on the ship) when worn by children? I

There is a "kids locater" in the app. This one only works with the special kids wristbands. Those are different from the regular wristbands for adults. The "watch" part is much thicker so I assume there´s a battery and GPS inside. The adult wristbands are just RFID.

steamboats

There is a "kids locater" in the app. This one only works with the special kids wristbands. Those are different from the regular wristbands for adults. The "watch" part is much thicker so I assume there´s a battery and GPS inside. The adult wristbands are just RFID.

steamboats

Nice!! Were you able to use it while on board? These are the wrist bands that you get when you register your children at the kids club, correct?

Nice!! Were you able to use it while on board? These are the wrist bands that you get when you register your children at the kids club, correct?

Its an added charge. $18 for the week IIRC.

I figured that it was likely enabled regardless and if I actually couldn't find my kids they would use it to find them for free anyway.

That said. My kids are pretty young and aren't going to be wandering the ship on their own.

Its an added charge. $18 for the week IIRC.

I figured that it was likely enabled regardless and if I actually couldn't find my kids they would use it to find them for free anyway.

That said. My kids are pretty young and aren't going to be wandering the ship on their own.

Very good point. My children won't be wandering around on their own yet either, but it's good to know.

App uses free intranet/hot spots throughout ship.

Not using wrist bands so will not speak to that.

We use app for gps/deck plans and how to get from place to place.

Reserve shows, dining, spa, etc...

Look at menus, excursions, my itinerary and bookings, weather, port details...dailies and other shipboard info.

Very easy to use on android, iphone and ipad.

Cheers

Thanks!! [emoji3] WOW, is the ship so big you need a GPS to get around? I've never felt the need for that and I've been on some huge ships. I love the sound of being able to reserve things and check the dinner menus on the app!! I already have it downloaded on my iPhone, can't wait to try it out!! [emoji3]

The wrist band has an RFID chip. The cruise card also has an RFID chip inside. So basically you can use the wristband the same way you use the card (except for leaving/boarding the ship). You can open the cabin door, pay anything onboard and use it for the lockers in the Thermal Area. The advantage of the wrist band is that it´s water resistant and you can wear it on the slides, in the pool, in the Thermal Area... and don´t have to worry where to put your card.

On the MSC Seaside it was included for Aurea, Wellness and Yacht Club. Bella and Fantastica were able to buy it for 4.99 USD.

steamboats

Oh, ok!! Awesome. [emoji3] I don't have to worry about carrying my card around then? Not that it's ever been a problem, I just put it on a lanyard and wear it. Haven't lost a card yet!! I think I'd be worried about the wristband coming undone and falling off though. How secure is the buckle/clasp? That's great to know it's waterproof!! Not having to worry about where to put the card while swimming is great.

Do you know if it's free for Aurea cabins on the Meraviglia as well? That's the one we're going on!! [emoji3]

Yes, these are provided through the kids club. We couldn´t test it as we weren´t traveling with a kid (and the one we have just turned "adult" anyway). But we could see that feature in the app and I saw that the kids´ wristbands were different.

steamboats

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned.

The wristbands are giving to the children for free, with the option of the $18 GPS tracker, which is available by the kids club in an emergency if you didn't purchase the GPS. Our 7 year olds was setup to open the cabin door (and given the option to check themselves out of kids club) where our 3 years olds wasn't

On the last day you must return to the kids club to take out the chip. The children are given the rubber casing to take home as a souvenir. You can keep the chip for $12.

Adults in the Aurea category are given them for free, or they can be purchased in the MSC shop for non Aurea guests.

• 1 year later...