Dining package possibly!!!!

Hello to all......

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Sailing on Royal Caribbean for the first time this September for two weeks. Very interested in the 5 night dining package, not really a fan of main dining rooms, well if the Navigator is similar to NCL Getaway. In my opinion is just buffet food served to you directly.

A couple of questions if I may...

You get to choose any of the restaurants that you would like??

It mentions that a booking is made on night 1 or 2, when is this decision made??

We like the look of Chops Grille, Sabor and Giovanni’s is it Starter, mains and desert from each...do you get or can you pay for sides etc....

Thanks again

M

Hello to all......

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Sailing on Royal Caribbean for the first time this September for two weeks. Very interested in the 5 night dining package, not really a fan of main dining rooms, well if the Navigator is similar to NCL Getaway. In my opinion is just buffet food served to you directly.

A couple of questions if I may...

You get to choose any of the restaurants that you would like??

It mentions that a booking is made on night 1 or 2, when is this decision made??

We like the look of Chops Grille, Sabor and Giovanni’s is it Starter, mains and desert from each...do you get or can you pay for sides etc....

Thanks again

M

If you buy the "Ultimate Dining Package", it includes dinner every night and lunch on any sea days.

If you buy the five night dining package, they will make a reservation for you for the first night. Once you board, you make the other reservations. In addition, you can almost always change the first night reservation if the one they made doesn't suit you.

You can have as many of each course as you wish except for entree. The price only includes one entree per person.

Hi-

We've done the five-night package on Allure of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas and loved it. To answer your questions, it's all actually quite flexible. When you sign up for the package, you designate what time you'll be eating in them. However:

* They pick the first restaurant for you, but you can change it when you're onboard to any restaurant, any time, subject to their availability (actually, most people don't do specialty dining the first night, so you have a lot of choice)

* For all the other nights, you can pick where you want to eat, when you want to eat, subject to availability

* You can sign up for the restaurants in advance on the ship or on the same day, through the stateroom phone or TV, or at any of the restaurants

* The price includes a full meal at each of the restaurants, but note that a couple of higher end dishes have an extra fee. You can also order multiple appetizers, etc. There's also some flexibility with the dishes; for example,150 Central Park has a filet mignon for two, but I always want something different from my companion. So, he asks for the filet mignon for one and I get something else

Note that if you're planning to go to any of the shows, you'll need to allow two hours for the meal; in fact, the restaurant won't book you within anything less than two hours from your show (i.e., if you've booked the show in advance).

In short, the specialty package experience is very flexible and extremely enjoyable. Restaurants are quieter, more intimate, the service is better and the food is far superior to what you get in the main dining room. Enjoy! - Musing About Cruising

Hi-

. To answer your questions, it's all actually quite flexible. When you sign up for the package, you designate what time you'll be eating in them. - Musing About Cruising

We have also done the five night package on Allure. The only night you have to designate the time for dinner when you pick the package is the first night you will be using it. On our next cruise we won't start the package until the second night as we want to go to Hibachi the first night and that isn't included in the package.

We picked 6PM for night 2 as the package needs to start on day 1 or day 2. Once onboard we have chosen the restaurant we wanted for each night as well as the times we wanted. I honestly don't know if on our last 2 cruises if there has been a restaurant chosen for us for the first night we used the package as we weren't told what it was, if there was one.

We love Chops and have used it 3 or 4 nights per cruise. We also like Samba which is only available on Allure.

Sailing on Royal Caribbean for the first time this September for two weeks. Very interested in the 5 night dining package...

Keep in mind if your two week cruise is a back-to-back, the dining packages do not carry over to the second cruise. If one cruise for 14 days, then you could use your package anytime.

Note that if you're planning to go to any of the shows, you'll need to allow two hours for the meal; in fact, the restaurant won't book you within anything less than two hours from your show (i.e., if you've booked the show in advance).

In short, the specialty package experience is very flexible and extremely enjoyable. Restaurants are quieter, more intimate, the service is better and the food is far superior to what you get in the main dining room. Enjoy! - Musing About Cruising

Navigator does not have show reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have also done the five night package on Allure. The only night you have to designate the time for dinner when you pick the package is the first night you will be using it. On our next cruise we won't start the package until the second night as we want to go to Hibachi the first night and that isn't included in the package.

We picked 6PM for night 2 as the package needs to start on day 1 or day 2. Once onboard we have chosen the restaurant we wanted for each night as well as the times we wanted. I honestly don't know if on our last 2 cruises if there has been a restaurant chosen for us for the first night we used the package as we weren't told what it was, if there was one.

We love Chops and have used it 3 or 4 nights per cruise. We also like Samba which is only available on Allure.

Radiance also has Samba.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are considering a first time cruise with RCI. Are there set prices for dining packages? Are there several options. Are there other packages that we should consider? We will probably book a suite. Does that fact matter in choosing any available packages?

We are considering a first time cruise with RCI. Are there set prices for dining packages? Are there several options. Are there other packages that we should consider? We will probably book a suite. Does that fact matter in choosing any available packages?

There are very few set prices for anything. After you book your cruise, you will (hopefully) be able to use the Cruise Planner on Royal's website to see the prices at that moment for your sailing. Keep watching because it's not unusual for prices to change. Having a suite does not change the price of packages, unless you book a Star class suite on Oasis or Quantum class, in which case your internet, specialty dining, and drink package are included. Internet is also included on Sky class suites on Oasis and Quantum class ships.