Will the Pride make it to Bermuda?

shof515

On Sunday September 9, the Carnival Pride is suppose to set sail to Bermuda out of Baltimore for a 3 day visit to the island, arriving to Bermuda on Wednesday September 12

On Wednesday September 12, the Norwegian Escape was schedule to dock next to the Carnival Pride. NCL just announced an itinerary change with the ship sailing to Bahamas instead.

With one cruise line changing the itinerary to different port of calls, what will Carnival do?

The weather forecast for Bermuda and the path of the hurricane looks like a awful week to be on a cruise ship :(:( :(

About 10 years ago we had an 8 day cruise out of NY to Bermuda and a hurricane was coming up the coast.

NCL went to Bahamas and we went to Bermuda. Worked out well but the second day on the islan, Bermuda took the brunt of the hurricane and day was a bit of a washout. Overall one of our favorite cruises.

Carnival will decide closer to sail date I would think

I'm sailing on the Pride this Sunday too. I guess I will just keep an eye on the weather. It isn't looking good for Bermuda. I was really looking forward to cruising there for the first time. My husband and I are flying to Baltimore tomorrow. I assume even if the hurricane hits Bermuda, we will still be able to board the ship at Baltimore on Sunday.

Last year we had a cruise booked to the Virgin Islands are were sent to other places instead. That's always the risk of cruising in September.

This is one of the tough decisions in choosing when to cruise to Bermuda. In the Spring there is little chance of hurricanes, but the ocean water is a lot cooler. In the fall, well, you know! In the early summer, it costs more because the kids aren't in school and everybody wants to vacation then. A long time ago we took the Celebrity Galaxy to Bermuda from Baltimore and came back through what was left of a hurricane that came through the Carolinas. It was actually fun, but harrowing. At least we got to see Bermuda.

We won't be going to Canada for sure. If there are any changes, we will go south, because Florence will turn Northward eventually and be in the way coming back. I look for them to plan on going south, but if something changes for the good they might decide, while going down the bay that Bermuda will be OK. I would plan on south.

We won't be going to Canada for sure. If there are any changes, we will go south, because Florence will turn Northward eventually and be in the way coming back. I look for them to plan on going south, but if something changes for the good they might decide, while going down the bay that Bermuda will be OK. I would plan on south.

My husband and I were talking about the same thing. I see them heading for the Bahamas. On the up side, it will be warmer at night if we do that. I don't see them heading toward Bermuda.

Just got the email that the itinerary has changed

Sun

Baltimore, Maryland

Mon

Fun Day @ Sea

Tue

Fun Day @ Sea

Wed

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

8:00 AM

Thu

Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas

9:00 AM

Fri

Freeport, The Bahamas

7:00 AM

Sat

Fun Day @ Sea

Sun

Baltimore, Maryland

10:00 AM

Sun

Baltimore, Maryland

Mon

Fun Day @ Sea

Tue

Fun Day @ Sea

Wed

Thu

Fri

Freeport, The Bahamas

Sat

Fun Day @ Sea

Sun

Baltimore, Maryland

Sorry you missed Bermuda but better safe than sorry

Just saw the 5PM update and projections are it will be a cat 4 closer to the Carolinas than Bermuda. Seas will be bouncy that's for sure. Sailing north rather than to Bermuda or the Bahamas may be the next plan.

The path of this storm has already changed from veering north into the Atlantic, traveling towards Bermuda, now towards the Carolinas, so stayed tuned for tomorrow's forecast path, it may be different as well.

Sun

Baltimore, Maryland

Mon

Fun Day @ Sea

Tue

Fun Day @ Sea

Wed

Thu

Fri

Freeport, The Bahamas

Sat

Fun Day @ Sea

Sun

Baltimore, Maryland

That is a better itinerary then going north, because the storm will probably end up going north. My guess is that the Pride will travel closer to the coastline and will sail faster than the usual 16 to 18 knots going south.

I know that the itinerary was changed. But, my concern is getting to and from The Bahamas without going thru the storm. By leaving Baltimore and sailing south, the ship, looks to me, would have to sail right thru the storm as The Bahamas and the Caribbean islands are south of where the storm is coming across. I would be very interested in seeing the route that the ship takes. They may be OK travelling south and get thru it before it hits but coming back north, I think, would be a rough sail. I hope that they have a good and safe trip.

The ship will stay far away from Hurricane Florence. As for ships that left from New York City and Baltimore yesterday they will be south of the hurricane before it reaches the southeast coast of the United States late Thursday or early Friday. While checking on the Norwegian Escape’s route south at 9:00AM EDT it was all ready south of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina speeding south towards its first stop, Port Canaveral, Florida.

SO the pride looks like its heading almost due east. its out probably 75 miles from the coast and heading 113 degrees. Before my parents left yesterday they were supposed to head to bahamas. Wondering if once they went underway they changed plans and they are heading towards bermuda? their roll call hasn't been updated. parents didn't pay for any data. So just wondering if anyone onboard is on the threads.

Hurricane Florence should pass well south of Bermuda but it still will be effected by rough seas, high winds, and likely flooding. I haven’t seen an official statement but am pretty sure that the Government Of Bermuda closed its port to all cruise ship traffic until the storm is past the island. As of 1:00PM EDT Monday, September 10th,2018 Hurricane Florence was gaining strength as it goes over warmer Atlantic waters and is now a Category Four storm with sustained winds of over 130MPH with gusts over 140MPH.