Freestyle Coke Machines - Are they kept stocked?

Ok, good to know! Guess I never needed another within 15 minutes! :)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

Twice its been a pain. Once on Freedom, my wife asked me to get her the lite lemonade. On one side of the windjammer there were two machines. I started to fill her drink, it spit out no more than a few drops and said, "SELECTION UNAVAILABLE- CHOOSE ANOTHER" She didn't want any other, so I used the machine that was 12" away in less than 20 seconds and it told me I had to wait.

On Allure, I got a Coke Zero on the promenade and it was badly mixed, very flat, mostly water. I dumped it out and walked up to the Wipeout Café thinking it would take me about 15 minutes to get there. I was wrong by 3 minutes and 30 seconds. It was there I met the world's dumbest cruiser, wearing a Michigan Basketball jersey. I mention that only to indicate I assumed he could read English. He put up his cup and it said he had to wait 2 minutes. By that time, mine was ready, but he kept pulling the cup down, and putting it back up till the timer read 0.

At a bar, they ask you to unscrew the lid and then fill the bottle with ice and what you order. If you drink the soft drinks available at the bar, this is a solution if the 15 minute rule is in effect on the machines. The bars do not read the chip on the cup.

I have not been impressed with how the self serve machines are maintained. I don't think it is anyone's job, with all the staff cuts. Often if there are two machines together, only one is working.

At a bar, they ask you to unscrew the lid and then fill the bottle with ice and what you order. If you drink the soft drinks available at the bar, this is a solution if the 15 minute rule is in effect on the machines. The bars do not read the chip on the cup.

I have not been impressed with how the self serve machines are maintained. I don't think it is anyone's job, with all the staff cuts. Often if there are two machines together, only one is working.

However, the bar choices for soda are quite limited so what you drink may not be available.

However, the bar choices for soda are quite limited so what you drink may not be available.

I was going to say, with only partial sincerity, that if you have one of these drink cups in your hand it can take 15 minutes to get a bar tender to even look at you. (Pool bars at busy times)

Question: I only drink 2 beverages, brewed black unsweetened iced tea which I have never gotten on cruise ships or unflavored water. I like lots of ice so how do I get ice and water in my own mug? Also am I allowed to take such mug off and then on the ship with ice and water? Thanks!

Question: I only drink 2 beverages, brewed black unsweetened iced tea which I have never gotten on cruise ships or unflavored water. I like lots of ice so how do I get ice and water in my own mug? Also am I allowed to take such mug off and then on the ship with ice and water? Thanks!

You can get ice from the Freestyle machine (should your ship have them) or from Windjammer (buffet) when it's open or from any bar.

You can take the cup off the ship with water but they may make you empty it when getting back on. I have had to dump bottles of water that had been opened.

Enchantment...June 8-11...it was always filled with our fav sodas and flavorings, although occasionally out of ice. We were happy & impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CCC3