Freestyle Coke Machines - Are they kept stocked?

Interesting that you mention that. On a similar note the ships make such a point of asking people not to refill their water bottles at the ice water stations but they have no problem with people refilling their soda cups at the machines.:confused:

I'm guessing because the drinking surface of the special cup has little change of touching anything on the Freestyle machine, as opposed to those machines where the cup itself pushes a lever to dispense ice/liquid.

I'm guessing because the drinking surface of the special cup has little change of touching anything on the Freestyle machine, as opposed to those machines where the cup itself pushes a lever to dispense ice/liquid.

Your exactly right. The RFID chip on these cups requires you to have the base of the cup on the bottom of the dispenser, so the top of the cup comes no where near the filler spout. Its so sensitive if you lift the cup 1/8 of an inch is doesn't detect the cup and shuts off.

As for the timer, it engages the second you start filling. One annoying time I went to get my wife a light lemonade and it spit out just a few drops and then said that selection was empty. It said MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION. There was another machine less than 3ft away and it wouldn't let me use that one to get the light lemonade.

Interesting that you mention that. On a similar note the ships make such a point of asking people not to refill their water bottles at the ice water stations but they have no problem with people refilling their soda cups at the machines.:confused:

It is kind of weird. You use the cup to push against the lever to dispense ice, so your cup is coming into contact with something other people's cups has, but you put the cup down on the pad so the RFID chip can be read to dispense the drinks. Granted, you then put on a cover to drink the soda, but if you touch the side of the cup that you used to get ice and then touch the lid, you are still transferring germs or whatever was on the ice lever.

We have seen the freestyle machines operated by crew during a norovirus outbreak on Anthem. You were not able to use the machines in Sorrentos or the WJ yourself, a crew member had to push the buttons. What was bizarre was that the machine in the Seaplex was not staffed, you could dispense your own soda. There was staff wiping down all the railings, bumper cars, tables, etc. constantly, but the Freestyle machine was business as usual.:rolleyes:

I do like that the timer seems to be a thing of the past though.

You press the cup against the lever to dispense the ice.

Not OP but have a question as we'll have soda package on Symphony with our Boardwalk balcony. I'm not a pop drinker (fizz upsets my stomach). From OPs post, the machines contain other non-soda options such as flavored water?

Yes. The non-carbonated options are:

Vitaminwater (Tropical Punch, Orange, Raspberry, Lemonade, Pink Lemonade, Peach, Strawberry Citrus)

Minute Maid Lemonade (Regular, Orange, Raspberry, Pink Lemonade, Lemon Lime, Peach, Strawberry)

Minute Maid Light Lemonade (Same as above)

Hi-C (Orange, Cherry, Raspberry, Grape, Orange Vanilla, Raspberry Lime, Fruit Punch, Strawberry)

Minute Maid (Fruit Punch, Grape, Peach, Limeade, Cherry Limeade, Mixed Berry, Orange)

Powerade (Orange, Cherry, Rasberry, Grape, Fruit Punch, Lemon, Strawberry, Lime)

Powerade Zero (Same as regular)

Dasani (Lemon, Cherry, Orange, Raspberry, Peach, Strawberry, Lime, Grape)

**Important Note** As you can see, many of those share the same flavor options. That's because the way these machines work is they have cartridges of each of those flavors and use them in multiple drinks. That means if "Orange" has run out, then you're not going to get orange flavor in ANY option.

You press the cup against the lever to dispense the ice.

Just thought of something else - the special cup has a lid. I would expect the lid to be the drinking surface, and people would remove the lid to fill it with ice. Not a perfect situation, but maybe that's how they justify their position of allowing people to use the same cup over and over.

I put them in one bag, just a little squirt on one sheet of select a size Bounce. I use one sheet on two cups or rip a sheet in half for one cup.

Have read some use the mystery goo in the shower to wash the cups, but that has conditioner in it, supposedly, so not sure how well that would rinse off the cup.

At one point, you could buy Bounce with Dawn in them, but they were expensive, so that is why I made my own instead.

I'm not following this. Why are you washing your cups with dryer sheets? I don't even get why they would be making dryer sheets with dish soap in them.

I wondered at first too, because my first thought was why dryer sheets and how odd? Then I realized it was probably intended to mean Bounty as in the papertowels. Some of us figured it out, while I guess a few others did not.

My only experience with the free style machines was on a shorter 3 day cruise. We found them to run out of a lot of stuff and refilling just didn't seem to happen. My sister could only drink caffeine free rootbeer, and she found it to be out most of the time.

The issue I’ve had with the machines is they may not regularly restock them with ice which means you need to go to a bar or beverage station to get ice first and then use the machine. To me this is a failure of management. It should be someone’s job to regularly check the machines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do like that the timer seems to be a thing of the past though.

This is the first I've heard of that, I didn't get the package on my spring trip, but will on enchantment this Sept.

I wonder if these machines being left un-stocked so often is a result of them not getting the full 18% gratuity that's charged for the package.

If you insert bills into the machine, do you get better service?

I wonder if these machines being left un-stocked so often is a result of them not getting the full 18% gratuity that's charged for the package.

If you insert bills into the machine, do you get better service?

I know you are kidding, but it would not surprise me if they did add a device to the machines that would accept "extra" gratuity.:rolleyes:

Yes. The non-carbonated options are:

Vitaminwater (Tropical Punch, Orange, Raspberry, Lemonade, Pink Lemonade, Peach, Strawberry Citrus)

Minute Maid Lemonade (Regular, Orange, Raspberry, Pink Lemonade, Lemon Lime, Peach, Strawberry)

Minute Maid Light Lemonade (Same as above)

Hi-C (Orange, Cherry, Raspberry, Grape, Orange Vanilla, Raspberry Lime, Fruit Punch, Strawberry)

Minute Maid (Fruit Punch, Grape, Peach, Limeade, Cherry Limeade, Mixed Berry, Orange)

Powerade (Orange, Cherry, Rasberry, Grape, Fruit Punch, Lemon, Strawberry, Lime)

Powerade Zero (Same as regular)

Dasani (Lemon, Cherry, Orange, Raspberry, Peach, Strawberry, Lime, Grape)

**Important Note** As you can see, many of those share the same flavor options. That's because the way these machines work is they have cartridges of each of those flavors and use them in multiple drinks. That means if "Orange" has run out, then you're not going to get orange flavor in ANY option.

Thank you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Just thought of something else - the special cup has a lid. I would expect the lid to be the drinking surface, and people would remove the lid to fill it with ice. Not a perfect situation, but maybe that's how they justify their position of allowing people to use the same cup over and over.

You can say the same thing about most people's water bottles too. No, I'm really not trying to pick a fight with you!:D:D

That's because some idiot passengers can't seem to distinguish between "this drinking vessel gets filled through a different opening than the one I drink from" and "water hole fill goes in mouth yum yum" kinds of bottles. Guess which kind the RFID soda cups are...

Because if used properly the cup in the machine does not touch anything soda free falls into your cup as you press the button but the cups on the dispenser in the windjammer for water does. Hope this makes sense.

Edit: many folks don't obey the signs anyway. Sit and watch sometime. Folks refill their dirty bottles at the dispenser . Actually I rather use the freestyle machine. I try not to get upset about it .

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by DKNYC

I always drink the caffeine free diet coke and never could not get it! I didn't know there was a timeout but if so, I cant imagine each machine is connected to the other, so you should be able to go to another machine!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

Sorry, your wrong on this, each machine is basically a networked PC. If you fill a cup, you can't refill at any other on board for 15 minutes.

Because if used properly the cup in the machine does not touch anything soda free falls into your cup as you press the button but the cups on the dispenser in the windjammer for water does. Hope this makes sense.

Edit: many folks don't obey the signs anyway. Sit and watch sometime. Folks refill their dirty bottles at the dispenser . Actually I rather use the freestyle machine. I try not to get upset about it .

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think we already covered this. Post 29.