Need Help Selecting Whale Watching Excursion on Alaska Cruise

dmg1956

My wife and I have booked a 7-day Alaskan cruise on Eurodam and I'm asking for help (opinions) on the best Whale Watching Excursions available on that cruise. I've done ton's of research including Cruise Critic reviews and others but wanted to find out if any others might have suggestions. Thank you in advance for you time and help. The three excursions I'm considering are:

"Whale Watching & Wildlife Quest" in Juneau

"Whales/Mendenhall Glacier Photo Safari" in Juneau

"Discover Alaska's Whales" in Kethikan

Thanks so very much for any help.

dmg1956

My wife and I have booked a 7-day Alaskan cruise on Eurodam and I'm asking for help (opinions) on the best Whale Watching Excursions available on that cruise. I've done ton's of research including Cruise Critic reviews and others but wanted to find out if any others might have suggestions. Thank you in advance for you time and help. The three excursions I'm considering are:

dmg1956

Not knowing the exact information on each on these it is a bit hard to judge, but off hand I would go with Juneau - Whales and Mendenhall Glacier. I have done both of these items (separately) and enjoyed them.

We did the Photo Safari several years ago and it was my favorite excursion ever. Very small group. We saw bears at Mendenhall. The whale watch was in a zodiac. We saw tons of whales and I got a fabulous photo of a mom and baby whale. I would not hesitate to do that excursion again.

We did the Photo Safari several years ago and it was my favorite excursion ever. Very small group. We saw bears at Mendenhall. The whale watch was in a zodiac. We saw tons of whales and I got a fabulous photo of a mom and baby whale. I would not hesitate to do that excursion again.

Ditto this....except our whale watch was in a small enclosed boat with windows that opened, and we did not see bears at Mendenhall. The smaller group was nice.:)

I don't think it's on your list, but we were on the N. Amsterdam this summer, and took the HAL excursion "Alaska's Whales, Glacier & Rain Forest Trails", which was provided by Gastineau Guiding. The guide and captain did a truly excellent job, finding us killer whales as well as a large group of humpbacks doing "bubble net fishing" (hope I have the term right). We even saw a double breach.

About 20 people in a small-ish enclosed boat, with large windows that folded up.

So Juneau -- highly recommended.

I don't think it's on your list, but we were on the N. Amsterdam this summer, and took the HAL excursion "Alaska's Whales, Glacier & Rain Forest Trails", which was provided by Gastineau Guiding. The guide and captain did a truly excellent job, finding us killer whales as well as a large group of humpbacks doing "bubble net fishing" (hope I have the term right). We even saw a double breach.

About 20 people in a small-ish enclosed boat, with large windows that folded up.

So Juneau -- highly recommended.

We did "discover Alaska's Whales" in Juneau. It was just the whale watch trip, nothing at Mendenhal. Also run by Gastineau Guiding. Excellent trip, and I agree that the guide and captain did a great job. Being in a small group made it very pleasant.

My wife and I have booked a 7-day Alaskan cruise on Eurodam and I'm asking for help (opinions) on the best Whale Watching Excursions available ... The three excursions I'm considering are:

dmg1956

We have done both of the Juneau excursions, WW&WQ twice and W/MGPS once. We thoroughly enjoyed both, although we thought the WW&WQ was better because it was more "focused" on the whale watching and didn't take time away from that to view Mendenhall, which IMO can be better experienced on other excursions.

Smooth sailing :ship::ship::ship: